main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    In the midst of the OSC controversy, Batwoman #17 gives us this ending:
    [​IMG]

I am really gonna miss JH Williams doing the art for this series.

Frank T. likes this.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Saga #10... I feel like I've been punched. Kudos, BKV.
    She just healed Scott's heart and erased his pain!

Now that I think of it, that's actually... uh, more disturbing than mere mind manipulation. Even though it's my favorite ending to a run ever. "Live, Scott, live" :_|

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    An actual conversation I had with a friend yesterday:
    Me: So Nova #1 came out.
    Him: That's good!
    Me: It's written by Jeph Loeb.
    Him: That's bad.
    Me: But it's drawn by Ed McGuiness.
    Him: That's good!
    Me: It doesn't star Richard Rider.
    Him: ...
    Me: That's bad!

Frank T. and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    LOL. I hear it's actually pretty good save for an annoying continuity error. More Ultimate X than Hulk, so to speak.

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I think I would be more offended by McGuiness drawing than Loeb's writing. I mean I could at least enjoy Hush and Spider-Man Blue a little.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm not a big fan of McGuiness's boombastic style, but the preview art seemed rather okay. The Earth based one, at least.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The "17 years" phrase in the issue regarding GOTG has an explanation forthcoming.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You know, between that, Hellblazer's ending, Happy's ending, and the sucker punch at the end of Daredevil, it was kind of a rough Wednesday.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Hellblazer ended? I am far too removed from comics these days. Was it a good/cool/awesome ending?

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It was
    the only ending. He attempted to cheat death one last time, but realized that the only way to get the Fates to leave Gemma alone forever was for him to die. Then suddenly GAINAX ENDING because apparently the afterlife is a pub in Liverpool stocked with drinks named after every writer and illustrator who's worked on the book.

Oh, and the patrons are all the people who worked on issue 300.

But overall, the last arc was solid, if a downer. He finally outmaneuvered the First of the Fallen once and for all, but it's really, truly over, if just vague enough that there's a worst case scenario back door.

New 52 Constantine book looks like garbage, so really, that's all she wrote as far as I'm concerned.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The best part of Matt & Foggy's interaction on the watertower is that they are actually sitting atop a Frank Miller visual staple mocking actual Frank Miller dialogue.
    [​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz and Ramza like this.
  13. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Why the hell did the new Guardians of the Galaxy series start with #0.1? Marvel's .1 issues are supposed to be "jumping on points". I was under the impression that #1s filled that role quite well. Why not just start there? If it's supposed to be a "prequel" issue then make it #0. Or do they plan on having another prequel issue in the future that will take place before this and that will be #0? It's enough to drive a perfectly sane person crazy! 8-}

Book was decent, but the numbering is ridiculous.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There is probably no need for a sequel to the stunning 100 Bullets, nonetheless, we're getting one!

[​IMG]

Ramza and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Now, I'm not going to say I just scrolled down the list mashing the various "Add all to cart" buttons, buuuuut there might be 725 new comics on my account.

Edit: Apparently everybody else had the same idea, because I can't even hold all these server crashes.

Edit 2: And now all the new Marvel books have vanished out of "My Comics." They were either unprepared for this or they weren't supposed to be buyable.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    How could they not forsee this?

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I used to ask myself the same question every time I tried to buy tickets to SDCC, so I'm going with "Must run in the industry." :p

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, with the benefits of hindsight, we can say quite conclusively that it was this.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44223

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Amusingly, I still managed to get about 150-ish of those number 1s into my library, even though the promotion is now obviously "on hold." It'd be nice if they realized this means we need to have access to our comics in an offline format... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Only two books from the promotion managed to download for me. Civil War: The Return, and Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1. Not exactly the cream of the crop but you can't complain about free comics!

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Truth.

In other news (because I am apparently turning into the Juliet of this thread), according to the newly released Diamond numbers it seems DC's stupid variant scheme paid off. I suppose we can now look forward to every #1 shipping with at least 30 variants. On the bright side, Saga is apparently the second-best selling Image book, behind a certain zombie title.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Go Saga!

Jedi Ben and Frank T. like this.
  25. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    This coupled with Age of Ultron's shiny cover just proves that we are in the 90s again.