main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Which would also be consistent with their Byzantine and moronic app system. :p

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, probably not intentional on the part of Apple as a whole (especially considering a year or so back they banned a Christian app that had some sort of or pray the gay away thing), but yeah, not a good move in terms of PR.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just dropped the most worthwhile $150 of my life in a comic shop. I am going to be buried with this book. And all of my Golden Age originals.
    This book stands from the floor to nearly my lower to mid-thigh.
    [​IMG]

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd seriously be willing to buy such a collection for all of Will Eisner's works. Can you imagine seeing his roughs for A Life Force or Heart of the Storm? =P~

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Whew, that is a monster of a book.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, Heart of the storm would kill me. The Spirit pages have coffee stains and pencil roughs and tape... the pages from Heart of the Storm would probably have his tears stained on them.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ... and just like that... the greatest comicbook I could ever conceive of is a reality...
    [​IMG]

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Anyone do the Marvel 700 thing? I got all my comics added to my cart and loaded. Probably close to the full 700 I think.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hahaha. I thought of you when I read the press release.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It has taken me awhile to sort through my inbox of 2013 info. Seriously, though... Paul Smith... I couldn't have planned this better.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was very sad to learn that X-Factor will be ending it's run in September with issue #262. Since it's inception this version of X-Factor has been the most consistently good X-book on the market. It's one of the books that got me back into comics when I was in college. I'm holding out hope that this is just so they can relaunch it for Marvel Now's next wave as Uncanny X-Factor or something. But if PAD's not in charge I don't know how good it will be.

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Apparently it was PAD's idea to end the series now and he's already attached to a new project. There's been blog posts about his family needing money after his stroke; I like to believe Marvel is going to be moving him to a higher-profile book.

Still, very sad to see it go.

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it's been one of my top Marvel books, but without David it isn't going to fly and when's the last time you saw a mid-tier title rack up 100+ issue run?

Changing tack, anyone read the Infinity preview?

15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yes, the Free Comic Book Day preview? Either way it has me quite excited!

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yup indeed, spoilers please? My Marvel buys are trade-only so it's really info to decide whether or not to put it on the radar.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Honestly? Nothing really happens, since it's a twelve page enticement.

Basically a bunch of aliens are collecting artifacts for Thanos. They only require one more, which is located on Earth. We're not sure why he wants these items, nor (I think) have we ever seen them before. Then it ends.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, I've this suspicion that Infinity might just be the cue for me to cease buying Marvel trades.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I recently purchased Sharaz-De: Tales of the Arabian Nights by Sergio Toppi. His black and white art is gorgeous - finely detailed line-work with fantastic use of negative space. It's one of the nicest books I've bought in a long while.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Very nice. Toppi was a master.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Is anyone planning on picking up In the Beginning: The Epic of the Anunnaki? It looks good so far, haven't read any reviews on it yet though.

22. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm excited about X-Men again!

hear+soul likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Of the 90+ indie books I picked up this weekend at WizardWorld, I think my favorite was a book called Krome from Armored Comics. 3 issues thus far, but the artist has serious storytelling abilities and the concept is actually pretty ingenious... for a quasi-educational comic. The writer's day job is as a certified home inspector, and so the book deals with monstrosities formed from common spores, mold, etc. and the resolutions (very, very) subtly inform the reader what chemicals & procedures can be used to defeat them. But, it is all under the guise of a monster/adventure comic with an armored hero. I wish the crew who make it luck.
    [​IMG]

24. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    [​IMG]
    You guys seen Bad Days? My friend just shared this with me and it's been off the hook so far.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    So I hear the Internet is VERY ANGRY with Avengers Arena for killing a certain character from a fan darling book. [face_whistling]