main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Probably? The rest of Sandman got an Absolute, I don't see why a book with art by J.H. Williams III would be any exception.

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I'm assuming. Now I just have to see if I can actually wait.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It has Gaiman writing and JHW3 art, I'd say so! How long it'll take to come out is considerably more open, but yeah, a wallet-busting Absolute is a cert.

4. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Speaking of The Sandman I heard that comic book is one that may potentially become a film.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll believe that when I see it.

6. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Probably right to think it since I think its something people have wanted for a while but no one has greenlit the project yet.

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    There were a lot of big releases today. DC kicked off Villains Month and Marvel is busy with Infinity and Battle of the Atom but for me the biggest release today was the final issue of X-Factor. I stole this from tumblr:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to all the relaunches from the Big 2 this was probably the highest numbered book out there with the exception of Archie. It's been one of my favorites for nearly a decade, dating back to the original Madrox mini-series. It's a book that relies on consistently good writing and not big name super heroes. And it's always been good! From the early noir days of the book, the time traveling, the dimension jumping, all the way up to the Hell on Earth War... it's been a hell of a ride. If you've never checked it out I cannot recommend it enough.

Jedi Ben and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Awww that its ending I have always loved X-Factor well from the volumes I have so far I haven't read as much into it as fans who have been reading it from the beginning which I regret since I now love the series. I always felt it was interesting to read about a investigation agency run by mutants and all the characters within it have been really interesting to me. As the person who dreads of the Marvel Now! X-Factor more then likely gonna happen I wonder if this one can live up to its predecessor because thats one thing alot of people will think about whenever it comes out.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    How much have you read? The book is definitely not without it's flaws and I found the weakest issues to be those that were affected by editorial mandate. The issues just after Messiah Complex and during the X-Men Regneisis when Havok and Polaris took over the team are easily the worst IMO. PAD has always been pretty open about his dislike of forced crossovers but he's also really good about making them fit into his story. If Madrox and Layla had never gone to the future in Messiah Complex we'd have never gotten Ruby Summers or Old Man Doom. So it's not all bad.

10. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I am not as far as I would like I have only read volume 2 of X-Factor but I really plan to get the rest of the volumes because I really do find the series to be interesting at least from what I have read so far. I find Jame Madrox to be interesting and Layla Miller also be interesting in general all the characters I think in there own ways are interesting but the ones I mentioned stand out more to me.

11. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    X-Factor is for all intents and purposes Madrox's book so he'll pretty much always be around, normally front and center. So if Layla and him are your favorite characters you should be quite pleased. I would recommend reading the first 8 volumes and don't skip Messiah Complex in between 4 and 5. X-Factor as a team has a relatively minor role in that crossover but it has some pretty big developments for Madrox, Layla, and Rahne as individuals.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Well because of this series it has made me more interested in curious about lesser known mutants. I mean X-Factor is way different then X-Men in a good way and thats why I really enjoy it. They should really do an X-Factor Investigations film that would be awesome to me if done right just thinking out loud when i say that.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    **** DC!

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, **** DC.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Seriously...? They just went and canned Killer Croc's origin like that...?

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Pretty dick move on their part, grow up it's not the 50's anymore.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think it's less that they're worried about offending readers and more to do with their stance on comic book marriages. The other issues have been common place over the last few years, especially after the reboot.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Also fairly indicative of all the editorial issues several other departures have been complaining about.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Part of the problem lies at the top. Warner Brothers and the upper echelons of DC Editorial are getting too involved in their product, and not letting talent have the freedom to do what they want to do. They start second guessing the ideas that come in, but wait too long to speak up. The writers can accommodate if they're told right from the get go, what editorial wants. For instance, part of the problem with George Perez's Superman run was that he was writing Superman mostly the same way he did before, in 89. But in order to be in sync with "Man Of Steel", much less Morrison's run, a lot of changes had to be made. Too many were coming in and that's why he left.

Part of it is Bob Harras, but a lot of it is from Diane Nelson. Dan DiDio has some blame, but it's more up at the top.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Very true.

Let's not forget what they did to Storm.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That was Marvel, though, not DC.

... Also, it is crazy weird to see you with an avatar, Wocky.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Marvel has kept some marriages, whereas DC abandoned all superhero marriages. It's pretty much why I stopped reading from the big two.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I doubt this would have happened with a man/woman marriage. The Big Two seem happy to marry their minor (that's, not tied to innumerable merchandising contracts) characters.