main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Metabarons overload, huh?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey guys, I got some Locke and Key trades and in two of the three the pages are falling out. I take really good care of these and it just happened. I didn't even read the second trade yet! Is it the binding? They were in the sun today for 15 minutes (not that hot at all) could this have affected it?

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sounds like a bad copy, you got the receipt still?

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Could be. Is the binding glue?

5. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes its glue, and I don't have the receipt anymore as I bought them a while ago, just haven't gotten around to reading them. They're a different type of trade, seems like different paper than what DC and Marvel put out. I have never had this problem with any of my other novels so it's so weird.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Had it happen on a couple of Top Cow trades, turned out to be a bad batch - hasn't happened since.

You can try superglue as a fix option.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I'd just return them if they're sufficiently new.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Photo of Ron Glass and the Krypton Comics employees and volunteers from FCBD.

[​IMG]

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    That seems...really harsh and unnecessary. The new Fantastic Four movie is gonna bomb with or without Marvel putting out some pretty pictures that only a tiny fraction of the movie going audience pays attention to.

11. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Agreed about the movie bombing part.

But last sentence of the notice is kind of funny when it says "when it doubt, draw something else."

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm going to assume that last sentence means "draw Nextwave characters".

Jedi Ben, soitscometothis and Mr44 like this.
  13. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Original Sin #3 spoilers:

The issue starts with us looking back on how the obscure villains of this series, Orb, Dr. Midas, and Exterminatrix, got together to plan out robbing the watcher. We then cut to the present where the eye bomb goes off not only revealing secrets to all the heroes but everyone in the vicinity of the blast. It's this where we hear all the plot points that will split into tie-ins. However the heroes manage to stop them and get the eye but not before they learn they didn't kill the watcher and that the killer is still loose.

Back with the mini teams, Ant-man, Emma, and Black Panther have found out that the killer has been doing this for years as well as that the bullets are gamma radiated, Punisher and Strange argue but Frank might have a suspect list, and Gamora, Bucky, and Moon Knight find Ego the living planet murdered. However it's around here when things get bad.

As Gamora, Moon Knight, and Bucky leave Bucky blows up their ships and escapes back to earth on his own. Once he gets back he manages to locate Nick Fury (Sr.) in his base, and then kills him while decapitating his head. His final words as he holds up both Nick's head and Uatu's eye is "No more secrets".

Seriously?

15. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I heard that, crazy stuff.

On a side note. Superman Unchained has been delayed a few months, that's ridiculous. I can't even remember the last time an issue came out. What is up with this man that he can't even draw a few issues? I know he's co-publisher but if you can't finish it you have to get someone else to do it. DC's whole mantra for the new 52 was, "No more late books." And now it seems like it's, "No more late books, except if you're the boss."

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, that's like the New 52 reboot - which is all new, unless you're Geoff Johns!

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Origin Sin #3 was... pretty bizarre. I'm hoping there's more than we can see, because... well, character assassination is not even close. Although yay, Doctor Midas!

I'm starting to think the new Iron Fist is... er, way too gritty. I'm feeling a total disconnect with my concept of Danny Rand and the Iron Fist mythos.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

At first, I thought this was a crazy rumor. Now though, I think they could end Fantastic Four. The current arc is about breaking them up. And really, it's not too hard to see where they go: Ben goes to an Avengers team, Reed stays with the Illuminati, Johnny is currently de-powered so maybe they keep him that way. And Sue. Sue could be part of FF. I could see Marvel keeping FF as it's not really Fantastic Four. Sue and Reed could still run the school with Sue taking more of the priority.

I think Ultimate FF is also how they are getting around directly labeling anything Fantastic Four. So I could see this happening very easily. No promos, No merchandise, the movie bombs due to Fox already cutting corners, the rumored plot and lower budget. It's also in a terrible release slot. Marvel hopes that'll seal it for Fox to sell back to Disney. Once the movie is done and forgotten, the Fantastic Four reform (which would make it about a year which is normal for comic stuff like this anyway) and all is right with the first family. And if the movie does well, the Fantastic Four reform and marvel profits from the book sales. It's actually a bit of a win/win for Marvel.

19. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Now let's put on our tinfoil hats and see that the director for Fantastic Four is now going to be helming a Star Wars spin-off. Disney trying to interfere with F4?

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm having a similar problem with Iron Fist.

I basically want the likeable Danny Rand I've known all these years kicking spectacular martial-arts arse every issue. What I've got, however, is a dark n' crazy Danny who's parents were crazy and... well, everyone else has also gone crazy. And I've yet to see Danny have a decent fight with anybody! Seriously. I don't want weird retcons, I want a fight-scene as good as Iron Fist vs Fat Cobra from the Brubaker/Fraction IIF.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I highly doubt they want FF back so badly that they'd risk Star Wars. Honestly, if Disney REALLY wanted the FF back, I think they'd just give Fox a figure. They just want it back for cheap. And really, it's the cosmic guys they want. As nice as the family would be, Marvel's already proven they can survive without them.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think it's pretty lame for Marvel to shelve their first family of super heroes, Fantastic Four to spite Fox. However, I can't remember the last time I bought a Fantastic Four comic book.

Re Orginal Sin #3, I like the mystery that Jason Aaron is writing and the team up of characters he put together, like Frank Castle and Strange. And the ending was very Game of Thrones like.

Re Superman Unchained and DC book being late, the delays definitely diminish my interests in the story, much like Forever Evil. I really stopped caring about the story so when I got the last issue I forgot what happened earlier and felt the ending was pretty much anti-climatic. However, I did buy Lex turning over a new leaf.

24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Back when Simonson was writing and drawing the book, for me. Those were some great issues.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, and it's a shame the Fantastic Four isn't playing a large role in Original Sin and tracking down on who killed the Watcher. Some of my friends think Marvel killed the Watcher to further spite Fox. Although, I'm not sure which studio owns the rights to the Watcher.