Official Convention Thread 2006

Discussion in 'Quad Cities' started by UluUlix, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I thought we needed a Convention thread for 2006.
  2. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Steve or Chris: Could you please post up dates with links for registration and Hotel info so that people could book rooms such as Wizard World, Dragon Con-the two hosts hotels, and info that you deem important.

Thank you very much guys!
  3. QCJediGal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Info on Gencon 2006

Here is the official Gencon website http://www.gencon.com/indyhome.aspx?file=indy

the dates for GenCon are August 10-13, 2006.
    Early Registration starts Feb 6th.
  4. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Midwest Regional Meeting June 9-11, 2006 St. Louis

I am calling tongiht to book a room. Who is interested in going?

Hopefully Dajaun or Mirax can edit with the link and other info.
  5. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Go HERE for all your Midwest Regional Meeting info!

And also here if you want to submit an image for the logo competition!
  6. QCJediGal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Oh I wish I could go. Unfortunatly with work my vacation time is going to be used up for GenCon and Dragoncon and possibly a day trip to Six Flags or some amusement park
  7. UluUlix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I think we could plan for the future a QCRS-family friend amusement park trip-if there was interest. Also I worry about too many events that would cost quite a bit of money-I am trying to avoid a bunch of events that are financially burdensome. I dont care for the "you gotta pay to play" to be a part of the group. The conventions are fun but they are a burden to many and should not take the place of a regular meeting. On the other hand-I think this meeting/convention is an important part of the fanforce. However, if it was decided as something everyone would be up for and If we went to six flags-I might be able to get discounted tix. Might!!!
  8. QCJediGal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well there is also always adventureland. Not as expensive or nearly as crowded as Six Flags either. I am planning on a day trip to either place this year. Though I'll know better when come early May. I'll post a topic in regards to it.
  9. Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

We went to adventureland this summer and the place is falling apart. I would not waste my time there. Six Flags is the only way to go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.