main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*****Official Costuming/Armor Mods Thread...*****

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Have Questions on your Armor or Costume? Future Projects in mind? Need tips on Costume Etiqutte or Storage?

Look no further, the Costuming Thread has arrived.

Post all your questions, concerns, and ideas about your armor or costume here.

:)

-UD

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yup I had a question. Where did you get the accurate, authentic, base only lightsabers?

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Don, a couple of my guys here in FL have really cool authentic looking sabers. Andy got all of his at Parksabers.com. I have to warn you, these sabers ain't cheap. If I am not wrong I think they start in the neighborhood of $250.

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Of course, you could always make your own. The Greenville FanForce had a lightsaber prop building day a few months back and they all looked awesome. I even built one for my 3yr old son (More of like a Yoda saber). We will probably be having another prop mod/building day sometime this summer. I know a couple of guys here who want to detail their blasters, make some, paint a bucket or two, etc...

JMK

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I got mine on ebay for $90. Then there is Master Replicas but they run over $300 I believe. Parksabers is good I think for custom sabers (and you can get plasma blades if you want with them). There used to be some other places around but its possible those got pushed out when the license went to Master Replicas.

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've made my decision, I'm going to keep looking for Imperial Royal Guard for the time being, but for Episode III, I'm going for the Count Dooku look. I'm already growing the white mutton chops. ;) Now I need that curvy light saber.

7. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Great idea for a topic guys! I am currently saving up for some Stormtrooper armor. I have a Clone Trooper Helmet that I am currently working on, new paint job, lining, ect.

Chris

8. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm hoping to get a TIE pilot costume by the end of the summer....hopefully...it might end up being a little longer than that.

9. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    my goal is to have my Stormtrooper armor in time for the July 10th FanForce/NC Symphany concert. I have my blaster and my undersuit. All I need now is boots and velcro and I know where to get those. Thats all I need besides the actual armor itself which I believe will include the shoulder pauldron and gloves. YAY!!

10. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Well, I thought I'd move this thread up. Natalie and I were talking about possibly and I'm not sure how the rest of you feel about this, is taking aside a day for people in the FF's that have costumes to have a Photo Shoot with people in costume.

Even those without a costume, would be invited to join us for a day of fun.

Maybe we could do this before the LSO or the day of before we go in?

Just a thought,

Jane

11. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    sounds like a great idea. I personally would prefer it to be the day of the symphany because I can't request too much time off and cant make too many trips. we could do it like we did a couple of weeks ago and just hang out all day and then goto the symphany. Anyone who is also in the 501st/Rebel Legion haveta be there at 6 tho.

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, I'm cool with this, but I'm curious. What specific topics do you want to cover? There are things like build your own lightsaber, how to get your stormtrooper armor, tweak your helmets with fans and audio, costuming tips? Anything specific based on your desires? You get a better response with a single focused topic.

13. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I wouldnt mind just hanging out again and if we get into doing anything to tweak out suits then so be it... I wouldnt mind just sitting down and playing some star wars trivial pursuit again or something.

14. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Also, anybody who needs any help or tips in sewing a costume, I would be more then happy to help. my web site is *kind of* up and running, www.costumec.com. Let me know what you think.

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey JKG, Pauli's doing my Count Dooku outfit for the LSO in Sept, but I need some ideas on it for her. The cape is no problem. We found a Simplicity pattern called Seekers of the Truth. The question is on the chest plate - its a rubbery, paneled, thing! have no idea what it is or how to make it. Got any ideas?

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    thought I'd open one to keep prop building discussion in one organized place. I have found some good links and sites through the 501st sites about how to build blasters, Stormtrooper Electro-binoculars, TK backpacks, etc..

heres an awesome blaster and this site has a step by step tutorial about how to build this sweet BlasTech DLT-1 blaster rifle. (MG-34)

http://empireprops.freeservers.com/mg34rifle.html

heres TK-409 (Chris Barlett's) BlasTech T-21

he also has several props you can build for really cheap.
    www.tk409.com

theres also several links on Chris's site to other sites with more stuff to build.

I wanna build a couple of blasters, (mostly the MG-34) and a comm link. http://www.multiplehat.com/whitearmor/images/comlinkmn.jpg

I imagine the comm link would require maybe 5 pieces and would be extremly easy to build...

whats everyones thoughts? what do you guys wanna build?
    Of course, Greenville's chief does lightsaber building.

17. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/STARDOG-D-JEDI/spookandkevin.jpg]

Since you guys are big on costumes here's a pic of two of the guys in my fanforce from our collectors night in WS at the local Toys R Us!! Thought you might dig it!!

The Stormtrooper is the one and only SPOOKY KID !!!

There are more pics over at the WS board if you want to check them out.

Stay Cool Raleigh!!!

18. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey that's way cool, Dog!

Let's have an armor mod party! anyone got a good date in mind? I will be out of town 8/21 for Gencon.

19. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I suggest the day of the symphany, kinda like we did before with NCS2.

20. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi everyone,
    I am usually just a lurker, but I would be interested in a costuming or sewing get together! My husband and I just moved to the Raleigh area. I have made the Padme tantooine two piece costume and a sith robe so far. I am working on several more costumes now.

Alice

21. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Welcome to the Trade Federation Alice!

That's really neat working on the Padme' and other Costumes.

Please make yourself at home :) and enjoy our little corner of the galaxy.

-UD

22. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Thank you UD!

I am going to DragonCon with my husband, so maybe we will meet some of you guys there!

23. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, welcome! Don't think many of us in this branch of the Fan Force are going to DragonCon but I heartily recommend it! ;) Be certain to check out the Star Wars track of events, it's lots of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.