main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Costuming & Props Social Thread

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sister_Sola, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I thought he was the DEFINITION of Jerk ;)

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'll have to try and be able to trust that everything will work out. I'm a bit of a control freak about things like this (parties, projects, etc). It's going to be weird NOT beingin control lol.

6 more days! At least my dress is sewn together and the pick-ups are sewn in place. My mother was helping me, and when she saw it on the dress form she started crying, telling me how she still remembers the little 5 year old with a face full of freckles. I told her I still have the freckles, and I'll always be her little girl. I think I'm going to have to invest in serious water-proof mascara for both of us lol. Even my step-father (more like a real father to me) was crying when he thought of how beautiful I'll look. I really love my family and am lucky to have such a great one :D

Anyway, off to the city to meet Sarah (squee) and pick up more rhinestones for my dress (apparently 6 gross wasn't enough lol). GOtta Run!

3. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding, Benae! I guess I'm a sucker for weddings. [face_laugh] :p

And just remember... keep on breathing and you'll be fine. ;) :p

~Spacelady

4. Darth-Malevelus

Darth-Malevelus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2006
    Im sorry if this is off topic. But I need some help here folks.

I have been talking to the local elementary school principal about appearing in costume for kids. And he expressed great interest in having star wars characters appear at the graduation day of the elementary kids school here in darrington Washington. He is going to get back with me next week on it. Would any members be available for the first or second week of june? There is one special kid here named seth. He has an aging disorder that makes his body about 10 times older than his real age. and Even if the school cant afford a big donation to charity to bring the 501st guys out. I think this little boy especially would love to see star wars characters in person. He's not going to be around much longer, as his body is technically 10, but through the disease he's over 100 year old now. He is the greatest lil kid you ever met. Very loving and generous. But even if a few guys could make the trip if I could set it up, that would be great. I know my vader isnt ready (missing the cape mod) but I could still show up in costume if a vader couldnt make it. I would think even a couple stormtroopers, and a bounty hunter would be good, along with a vader, maybe even a jedi or two. The more the cooler it would be though!!

Please get back with me on this. I would need to know who would be willing to come up to darrington for the kids. If no one is, Ill just show up myself, with my vader as it is. The principal is going to get back with me next week about this. Probably tuesday.

Please let me know if you can make it, or would be interested. Ill have better dates after I talk to him next week.

Thanks

DM

5. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    You should really check with your local Fan Force, RL Base, and 501st Base for getting costumers to show up.

http://rebellegion.com/forum/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=39 Alpha Base
    http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.cfm#garrisons
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_usa_pacific/c10045

6. Darth-Malevelus

Darth-Malevelus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2006
    Ive tried the local garrison, but very slow to respond so far.

7. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005

any help???

dl

8. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Starwars.com announced CIV today. I am happy they are having one, but LA, now I do not know if I will go.

This is quite a bummer.

9. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I agree with the bummer thing! I wish that I would have gone last year. :( Maybe if they ever have another, it will come back closer.

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm take it from someone with a tch of inside knowledge. Expect LA as the location for awhile. Best attitude to take is figure out a budget and decide if you can go.

11. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Man, this sucks! :( Just when it's in reach of me people on the east coast are probably not going to make it. :(

Figures.

~Spacelady

12. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I'm a Goonie.. i have to make it.. If not i would be a terrible Goonie

I'm holding out on someone adopting me for the weekend, since i cannot rent a car.

13. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    I have heard the rumors for awhile as well and I just hoped it would be within drving distance (also I have relatives in Indainapolis, so it was a perfect location). I am going (If nothing bad happens in the next year), now I need to decide on the mode of transportation, airplane or train. Both have benifits and disadvantages.

Hope to see many of you there as well

14. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    not to change the subject, cuz C4 is an AWESOME subject

but does anyone know where i can find some pleather? the only stuff i can find is SUPER shiny.. I just need some wearable, not that shiny pleather...

15. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    I just had the link, but I don't anymore. :( Check around the Mara Jade thread, they gave me a link to a site that had pleather. ;)

And we should throw an e-party in the Social thread once Benae returns. ;) :p

~Spacelady

16. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I found the link to the super shiny stuff.. but that's about it.. And i checked the Padme black Corset thread.. nothin... I think i'm probably just missing it

I agree!! e-party all the way!

17. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    thanks alot friends......

dl

18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Hey, I'd love to help ya, but I've never used one before, let alone buy one. So sorry.

~Spacelady

19. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    dl - Perhaps you could check a local fabric store or search for a quality one being sold online at a reasonable price.

20. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    dl, there is also a serger thread I believe....

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Ok, I'v just found out that there is a costume competition in less than three weeks that I want to take part in. I have to make an 1870's ensemble before that. I'm a bit worried about being able to make it in this short time, and with hardly any money.

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, that sounds like a fun challenge ObiAnne. Good luck, you can do it! :)

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, I think it sounds exciting as well, I just would have liked to have some more time to do it.

24. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Good luck, Obi Anne! :D

~Spacelady

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey, who else in here watches Bravo's Project Runway?
    I've been hopelessly addicted to it since season one and because season three is going to premiere in a few weeks I was thinking it might be fun if I started a PR thread where we could all discuss it. Sola okayed the idea but I only want to do it if there are other people here who watch it. :)

So who else watches? We only need a handful of people to make a PR thread fun, so anyone game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.