main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Costuming & Props Social Thread

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sister_Sola, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Hey, ShadaErsari! Welcome to the boards (sort of)! :)

2. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Thanks, Orliaan-Nabberie. :) You can call me Shada...requires less typing. hehe :D

3. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    You're welcome. :)

Yes, it does. You can call me Orliaan...same reason. :p

4. Hasid-Lafre

Hasid-Lafre Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2007
    ok ive been trying to figure this out for a while now but how do you tell if theres new posts on these forums?

5. BLPPhatomProductions

BLPPhatomProductions Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2006
    Hey there folks, quick question for the community....

I know costumers LOVE to make all the costume themselves buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut;

I am about to open a business here in the UK supplying Prosthetic Appliances, Pull-On masks, Cast Resin helmets and armor and props and i was wondering what people think of the idea...its mainly aimed at the "fan/freelance" film market, cosplayers, costumers and those who just want something to display. We also hope to be able to supply custom orders (at some point) if all goes well... what do you think of this crazy plan to exterminate my wallet?

(i am probebly not the first to think of this but hey...when ever have i been original?;) )

SJ

6. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Hi everyone!

I've been around the boards for awhile, mostly as a lurker on the fan fic area. But I've decided to get into costuming. I've already posted a few times in the general area of this section, but I'm just posting here, because I've only just got through the whole thread. lol

Anyway, I like in rural Nova Scotia (Canada) and although there are people who like Star Wars around here, no one who is really into it - like making costumes, going to cons etc. No Fan Force here, either. :(

I'm trying to start out slow - making costumes that don't require a lot of sewing. I'm not a seamstress at all! Once, I reattached a button....

So right now I'm gathering the items for an X-Wing pilot Flight suit and the 'matching' dress uniform (from the comics). I hope to have the dress uniform done by Halloween (even though my brother says "what's the point? No one will know who you are?? But I'll know! :) ) and the pilot by Next Halloween. Giving myself lots of time. :) I also hope to have a Mara Jade done for C5. A Jedi costume and some Padme gowns would be great too! lol

I'd love to do a stormtrooper (well, have one made because I'm not prepared to get THAT much into this business!), but at 5feet, I think I'm a bit short. :( I imagine I would like like a Jawa dressing up as a trooper! I'm having a hard enough time trying to find an orange flight suit/coveralls in my size in Canada...

Anyway, that's my intro! Got my Force FX Vader lightsaber yesterday, totally rocks! :)

7. Hasid-Lafre

Hasid-Lafre Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2007
    Welcome folks.

So does anyone know how to tell what a new and old topic looks like?

8. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Try the READ THIS FIRST -- Welcome to the Forum and Thread Index thread. Every topic we've discussed is in there, and it's a great way to learn what hasn't been brought up yet :)
    You can also click on the thread's first page to see when the original author started it. Usually the first 30 or so threads are pretty current (this week). If a thread is locked that you want to participate in, just PM the mod
    Sister_Sola and she can unlock it for you. :)

9. gofasterstrawberry

gofasterstrawberry Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    Hey guys, I just started posting a few days ago, upon my return from dragoncon and meeting so many of you, but i've been lurking a bit for a while. I also just started doing star wars costumes a year or so ago, i made mara jade and grand moff tarkin(he's a little drunk here) last year for dragoncon, and padme's water dress for this year. I'm really excited about how friendly and dedicated star wars costumers are and have really had fun getting involved! i can't wait to get started on my next SW project!

nice to meet you all!

10. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, gofasterstrawberry! Your Water Gown looks absolutely fantastic!

Hope to see you around. :)

11. enunisyn

enunisyn Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2007
    hey has anyone bought a lihjtsaber from ionsabers?

12. enunisyn

enunisyn Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2007
    i just ordered an ionsabers maul.

13. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    gofasterstrawberry
    Great costumes! I like all of them, but especially the water dress. Thanks for sharing!

14. Jessediss

Jessediss Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2007
    I'm new here, but I' thought some of you may be interested in my Halloween costume for this year.
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/ed4you/Greedo/1436815117_05feb2c947.jpg]

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/ed4you/Greedo/1436815893_b3a31f477d.jpg]

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/ed4you/Greedo/1436853455_08ea81a623.jpg]

It's not finished yet. I have somebody who is going to supply the vinyl ribbing that runs down the sides of the arms and legs. I have also yet to find the right boots. The head is a Rubies mask that I've repainted and modified with blue lenses. The hands I made myself. I also made the gun and the belt. If you're like to see some close up pictures of the gun, belt, or head, visit my flicr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/74867663@N00/

you might have to search through all my photos to find pictures of the costume as I haven't categorised my pics, but there are lots in there.

15. gofasterstrawberry

gofasterstrawberry Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    thanks guys! i'm glad you like how it turned out!

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Jessie, I fixed your image codes. We use [image= here, not . ;)

Looks fantastic, though!

17. SLippe

SLippe Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    Long time lurker, first time poster. LOL

I've always wanted to get into the costuming side of Star Wars and recently bought a Rubie's Supreme Edition Darth Vader costume, just in time for Halloween this year. I had a blast wearing it, taking my 4 yr old son around with it on and such. Can't wait until next year already.

I'm 34, live in Midwest City, Oklahoma and have been a Star Wars fan since the first time I saw the movie in '77. I eat, sleep and bleed this stuff! Glad to be here and look forward to growing here. I've got a lot of work ahead of me with my new Darth Vader costume project.

18. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Happy Holidays All...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/madhorizons/Photoshop%20Manipulations/nihilus_yule.jpg]

19. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello everyone! :)

Is this thread still alive? ;)
    *wakes up everyone*

20. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I-)

21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    *pokes Eagle*

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTER_SOLA!! [:D]

23. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    *waves* New kid ahoy!

I'm addicted to sewing and work in a theater costume shop part time to suppliment my fabric budget. ^_^'' Though I haven't done any Star Wars costumes yet, I've done quite a bit of fantasy, historical, and anime stuff. The web site. I'm still trying to find a character and a costume I love in Star Wars enough to make a costume of though, but I'd really like to sometime soon. Many of Amidala's episode 1 costumes are awesome, but I'm not sure I have that kind of budget as a college student. Alas.

24. ze-fro-sirav

ze-fro-sirav Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2008
    Greattings

I just recently finished my first lightsaber. I got the design from bigyellowbox however some of the parts are no longer avalable so some modifications had to be made. radio shack doesnt carry din ports any more and lowes doesnt carry the right shower head. all in all i think it turned out good. there are a few flaw, but for a first attempt id say good. my next on is going to be obi wans saber from ep 3. As I am going to put togather a obi wan clone wars costume ( you know the one where he is in clone armor ).

here are some pics of my saber
    please excuse the poor quality of the pics my camera sucks
    [image=http://a707.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_421c0bc8e52e29e1f96e3e84384a62e2.jpg]
    [image=http://a293.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/71/l_7acd917209612cce1117d718041b1b2c.jpg]

May the force be with you
    Ze-Fro-Sirav

25. Master-Jinn

Master-Jinn Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Long time Lurker...looking to find pattern for basic Jedi Vestments. Something I can modify to fit an Asian BJD (ball joint doll) I have had my own vestments for years now, but am looking to have a similar set of clothes made for a 43cm DOLL. If anyone has any suggestions and please, no chubby American Girl sizes...these dolls look like mature ladies with all the "right curves in all the right places". (thank you Captain Jack Harkness) These dolls are only limited by your own imagination. And I would like ShadowHawke to have a nice set of Jedi clothes. Thankx ...If you need any images let me know and I'll post one for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.