main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Costuming & Props Social Thread

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sister_Sola, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    If you put your mind to it, anything is possible in two weeks... or less. lol
    Just ask around, there are a lot of costumes that get made at the very last minute! lol

2. McKnett

McKnett Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    You're right about that. I spent so much time perfecting the EL lightsaber handles and blades that I forgot the young Jedi had no clothes...bought the material earlier in the week. Started on the tunic Saturday morning - he wore it to a birthday/costume party at noon and used my lightsaber to take out the pinata! I started Saturday night on the Imperial Vice Admiral uniform for the middle son - finished it Sunday (the hat was the hardest part) I'm still going to try to put something together for myself when I get home.

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe out there tonight. :)

4. HeatherD

HeatherD Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2005
    I'm sitting at the computer in my Padme costume *sigh* Nowhere to go and only one pair of trick-or-treaters so far! We don't get too many in my neighborhood since it's just a couple streets of a busy road. I left to take my brother to go out with some friends and when I got back some snot had taken most of the candy! lol

5. Lelila_

Lelila_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    It's so weird to see kids trick-or-treating at stores instead of houses/apartments... I had to run to the drugstore earlier (*sniffle*) and there was a mob of waist-high people trick-or-treating at the Duane Reade! Is that completely bizarre?

6. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, I had about 150 or so little rug rats come to the door tonight. I saw some really cute costumes too...like the little chicken and cow. lol There was a cute little gorilla and a lady bug too. One kid was really pleased that I recognized him as Darth Maul - he had the make-up not the face mask. He looked really good. Lots of fairies and princesses and super heros too. SpongeBob made an appearance as well.

Best costume of the night tho, was the kid dressed as a person eating shark. That mom put a lot of thought and effort into that costume! Awesome job!

7. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Just got back from trick or treatin git was raining so I onlu got to wear the skirt and shirt of my costume, but the excess candy from very few trick or treaters definly make up for it.

8. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, I got the two extra feet for my new sewing machine yesterday (piping and hemming)... but no machine to use it on?! You'd think they'd send everything in the same package at the same time? I guess they just want me to wait [face_plain].

I want my new sewing machine!!!!!!

9. HeatherD

HeatherD Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2005
    They probably just sent what they had in stock. If they sent the whole package at once, you'd still be waiting the same amount of time ;o)

10. Super-Sith

Super-Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    :) I'm the new n00b!!!

11. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    i had posted this question in my thread "making first costume" but not that many people have visited it so i am posting here

"quick question--i have an icon i would like to put here--anyone know how to do that--or do you have to pick what is available?"

this is the pic--i tried maling it as small as the other icons here on the board

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/darthlrrp/iconboard.jpg]

thanks in advance

darthlrrp

12. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Individual custom icons aren't an option on this board.
    Icons are submitted for a vote to see which ones get uploaded to the system. For a full rundown of the process, see this thread.
    :)

13. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    the end of my sewing projects are in sight. then i'm taking a nice long break :) i'll actually have some free time again yay

14. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    thanks for the info surlygirlie!

DL

15. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    My new sewing machine arrived today!!! :D :D :D

I LOVE this thing. It has an emboidery function, fagoting stitches, auto this, auto that, its great! I've never had a really nice sewing machine before, so this is quite a change for me :) Maybe I can upgrade in a few years when I find that I need more lol. My mother also bought me a piping foot, and hemming foot. She was going to get me the ruffler, but thought I wouldn't use it. When I told her that I would LOVE a ruffler she said she'll get me that too :) Happy birthday to me (5 days early hehe) :D.

16. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    congrats on your new sewing machine----i personally wish i had one that was highspeed enough to make buttons--i am sure yours does!---happy sewing!

DL

17. master-Corran-horn

master-Corran-horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Happy to see that everyone's halloween turned out great. Me and halloween don't seen to get along too well. I didn't have to work after all so I took my lil girl and her friend out around the neighborhood trick or treating. Half way through, I remembered I had left my keys locked in the house. :eek: (The spare was in the car in the garage, which was also locked.[face_frustrated] ) So we went through the whole neighborhood while I thought of something to do. I managed to find a piece of siding and cut it into a credit card shape. I used this to break into my house. Which really worryies me since it appears to be that easy. Well didn't get to give away any candy, and I broke my own rules on that candy again. (candy rule #1, don't buy any cheap candy you wouldn't eat yourself because you might have to.:oops: ) O well, at least it was better than that Halloween when I broke my leg (jumped out of a tree from 18 feet), and way better then the one when I broke my back. (advice, don't run through the woods in the middle of the night without lights. You might find a 40 foot bluff in front of you.) Just trust me that doesn't feel good.

18. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Wow! I'm glad my Halloweens aren't like that. That is my favorite time of year and that would really put a damper on liking that holiday.

Our Halloween was okay, but the rain poured and poured. Luckily, I decided not to wear my costume. It would have been so muddy walking through lawns and stuff. The kids had a great time though. I had a Spiderman and a headless horseman. I got to carry the horseman's head alot more than he did, but it was fun.

19. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Halloween here was okay- I did a lot of my celebrating over the weekend- halloween day I was actually kinda sick, so I didn't do any dressing up. Kids NEVER come to my house. It makes me sad. :_| But then we have crappy candy... the thing is my house is the weird house- the only way I know this is by the kid next door asking me if we had a graveyard in the back. I have no idea how that came about.

Congrats on the new sewing machine!

20. phreak_of_nature

phreak_of_nature Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    I have to admit my Halloween had its ups and downs. The good part is that all my friends dressed up. One was a Hogwarts student and the other was another Harry Potter character from the fourth book called Tonks. I dressed as a dark jedi with a robe that will soon be used as a Snape outfit for the upcoming HP movie.

However only a couple of kids came to my house to trick or treat. They did however get a kick out of the lightsaber battle in my front yard.

We tried to make it look like there was a person hanging from a tree in my front yard but not just mannequin we tried to hang a person from the tree. Of course not by the neck!!! We put him in a make-shift waist and chest harness but it was too uncomfortable and we didn't have time to make anything better.

Even though I didn't get to share my halloween spirit with many trick or treaters I did have fun and I hope everyone else did too.

21. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    Some drunk guy tried to beat me with a bottle on halloween.[face_plain]

22. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    dude, that really sucks--did you come out alright??

DL

23. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Wow, I hope he didn't succeed! [face_worried]

24. Super-Sith

Super-Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    I was with him when It happened....we went to a new house to get some candy. When the lady started to give us some, her husband came out and said " you kids are too old." Everyone ran.
    The guy grabbed me by the hoody, and wouln't let go. Swimmerman cam charging back to help me with his big hunting knife. The guy saw him, let me alone, and chucked the glass bottle at his face. He got big glass slices in the face for trying to help me. He didn't regret a thing. he's a real great guy.

25. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    man Super-Sith, that is some story to tell the grandkids--i am glad swimmerman91 has what it takes to put his a$$ on the line--that is a real pal

there should be more like him on earth

DL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.