main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Costuming & Props Social Thread

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sister_Sola, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    hey Queen_Apailana, i guess i really am i thread KILLER!!!--anyway--i live right behind an art gallery and i decided to visit it today just for the heck--well my oldest son suggested it--he and my other two kids wanted to go because they were bored. last night they stayed up with me at a rehearsal so they did not go to school today---so anyway..... this place was really cool and there is a costumer in residence there--and WOW!!! i saw so many different types of sewing machines and i finally got to see a serger!! she even showed me some of her costumes she was doing for a gallery ---it was really cool--i was asking her a bunch of questions to the point that she thought i was weird--but then again most people think i am weird --well just wanted to share that here!!

dl

2. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    AHHHHH!!!! We are under the snow! (in Indiana) I really hate the winter. I want to move somewhere warm. Just thought I would vent before I have to go back outside to get the mail.

3. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    i guess the grass is greener on the other side huh?? i am in south florida and what i wouldn't give to see some snow

BTW anybody gonna see narnia???!!!!--i am gonna surpirse my kids in school and take them out to watch it--i am such a bad dad!!lol

dl

4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ::Throws a snowball to Darthlrrp::

Here, you can have some of this white stuff that fell last night lol.

I like snow... in moderation. Though, when we get about 2 feet of it, its fun to run around in and watch locals clean out the bagel place. Last year when we had almost 2 feet, H&H bagels across the street sold out of the NYC essentials... Bagels, Cream cheese, and Lox lol. There were plenty of Milk and eggs though. My fiance and I hiked over to Cetral Park with our giant AT-AT, Hoth Luke, Han, and Wampa. The people in the park thought we were nuts hehe.

Here's pictures from last years snow storm
    http://imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow1.jpg]
    12:00 noon - the beginning

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow16.jpg]
    12:00 noon the next day - thats the same car in the above picture LOL

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow30.jpg] [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow33.jpg]
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow35.jpg] [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow26.jpg]

5. Lelila_

Lelila_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    LOL... I would have loved to see that, Benae!

6. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Benea, how much do you guys have? We got about 8 inches yesterday. I don't think you are weird. I wish I would have thought to do that with my stuff. Oh wait, you have to get it out of the package to play with it don't you? It would look funny with the package still on the Luke figure! :)

7. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    ****catches snowball and puts it in the freezer****

Benae_Quee --that is WAY AWESOME!!!!!!--i would love to play with those figures myself --but i would have to fight my kids first lol--just got back from narnia---

awesome!! i totally loved it--ofcourse the only thing i have to compare it to is my imagination and the BBC version --but it was a great treat and to see my kids remembering the story was another bonus--in a way i had a lil dream come true--i first read the complete series at 18 and i told my wife at the time that i wish someone made a decent movie of it--i was a bit disappointed when i saw the VHS bbc version at a sams club back in '98 but this movie is really good--those kids acted so well and the queen did an excellent job-my oldest son caspian immediately recognized aslan's voice so i had to calm him down--he is a big
    qui-gon fan--the costumes were not as elaborate as i would have thought but i love the white witches clothes---especially her battle outfit--anyway stop reading this and run and see the movie--

dl

EDIT

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/snow/websize/Snow26.jpg]

i jsut saw the rotoscope--that is one COOL luke!!!!

8. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    Im new here I was wondering if I had to sign up on the group. I cant seem to figure out how to post new messases to introduce myself. there is only reply buttons when I pull up the message board. Im loged in but I dont think Im a member of the forum, if that makes sence.

Anyway, Ill tell you a little about me. Im a seamstress I have my own renaissance clothing and weaponry business here in Virginia Beach Va. I go to Ren Faires to sell my wares. Ive made a couple of star wars costumes, which I know I will be making more. I made several costumes for my family when we went to the Premier of Episode II and while we were the only fans in costums I ran into someone who was from Richmond Va who told me a bout Star Wars groups here. I never know they were like the SCA. Im so excited to find everyone. I joined the Tidewater Alliance. They are great. Im looking for any links to good clear pictures of Shaak Ti. Ive never done latex but I know someone who dose do it and have made it my mission to learn the art. However I need detail pics of her. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris aka/ Domnu Skywalker
    domnuskywalker@yahoo.com

9. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    welcome!-glad you found us--as per your questions i do not really know--if you can post i am sure you can start a new thread/topic--or you can contact an admin they can square you away

dl

10. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hello and welcome, we have a wecome thread called
    READ THIS FIRST -- Welcome to the Forum and Thread Index, it should be able to answer most of your questions.

11. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    LOL Benae those pics are soooo cute and funny!!!! I love the one of Luke on the walker with the little tiny lit up sabre! So funny!

Welcome DomnuSkywalker - as Benae_Quee mentioned, check out the Welcome and thread index for most of the basics. :)

12. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Does anyone know where I can find a good firefly bulletin board? Just was wondering.

13. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    I went on the main site and look what I found

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/duck/

Has it always bee there or is it new

14. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005

first time for me

dl

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Check the Behind the Scenes tab, its been there for awhile

16. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    It amuses me at least.

17. Spencer_P

Spencer_P Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2005
    I got to see Narnia today. It was good!

18. PrincessAshlee

PrincessAshlee Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2005
    Hello, I just joined up, I want to start making a costume, but I'm not sure what i should tackle first. I kinda want one that would go with the way i look, so i was wondering if maybe you guys could give me opinions on what costume to start with. Thanks!

19. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    welcome and there are plenty of resources here that can get you started--you can always create your own custom robe/costume or have someone make one for you based on your design/ideas

best of luck

dl

20. PrincessAshlee

Dec 18, 2005
    oh ok thank you!
    I was kinda looking for more of an idea for a costume based on my pic...but thanks

21. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    sorry PrincessAshlee, but your pic does not show and i am sure your profile pic on your yahoo site is not the one you are talking about lol

dl

22. PrincessAshlee

Dec 18, 2005
    whats wrong with my yahoo pic? ok, well based on that one, what costume do youthink i should try to replicate?

23. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    sorry i did not mean to offend---what i meant was that the clothes in the picture of you sticking your tongue out looks more like sleep wear and i just assumed you were talking about something else --sorry

dl

24. PrincessAshlee

Dec 18, 2005
    its ok, you didn't offend at all

25. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    And now for something completely different...

So, what is everyone's favourite thing to do over the holidays? Mine is driving around looking at all the lights on people's houses. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.