main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Official Countdown to Episode 2!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Only 92 days until Episode 2 (by my count, anyways :D )!

We should start planning what we're going to do for Episode 2 sometime. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm not sure exactly what to do. Maybe we should start with some ideas about what to do and maybe someone could tell us what they did for Episode 1. :D

2. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    i do whatever mara does, so i need your help as much as her.

92!!!!

3. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I have no clue, i just ended up going long with my parents. :D so yeah, what SHOULD we do for this?

4. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    Um... it's 91 days. as of Feb 14th!

5. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    90 days!!

ok, let's start with clearing up some foreseeable problems.

First, I know that some people(like me and EH :D ) will probably have problems with parents about meeting random people from the internet. Does anyone have any ideas about how we can clear this up? I have a couple of ideas like emailing/phoning parents or having a meeting beforehand, but I want to know if anyone has any other ideas.

Second, I think for Episode 1, they went to Tinseltown, but depending on where everyone lives, we may want to go to a different theatre. Maybe if we figure out the general area where most people live, it would help in establishing a location for Episode 2. (EH and I live in the Webster/Penfield area)

Third: This has to do with age-type problems. I know some of us (like EH and I again) have school because it's a Thursday. We could try to skip, but I doubt that would go over well. :D ;) We would probably have to go later that evening or early in the morning (if possible).

Lastly, this is just a reminder to spread the word about this club if you can, because the more people we have participate, the better. :D

ok, since I've probably written to much already, I'll shut up now. Everyone is welcome to post ideas/problems/concerns/etc... pertaining to our Episode 2 celebration. :D

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm also one of the people whose parents are against meeting people in person, from the net. But I know someone who loves Star Wars, and she and I could go together, and meet up with you people. My parents wouldn't have to know. :)

7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    :D Yeah, one of the options is just to meet but not really say that we're meeting. or something like that. I was thinking of that, but I suppose that we should first try to do this without anything that could get any of us younger people ( :D ) in trouble.

EH and I are probably going to end up "going with a few friends" and then "accidentally" run into everyone from here. :D

8. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    and then there's THIS issue... who wants to go dressed up? Mara and I both have robes that we made ;)

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Heh, I'll go dressed up, but i don't have one, but i'm getting one, and you know about that one EH, and hell Mara does too :D

10. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    uh huh ;)

does everyone (ok, fine only 3 people are osting here, but i'll ask anyway) have some sort of costume they could use to dress up? mara and I have jedi and sith robes, one for each of us and i'm making sith robes for chris. :D

11. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    I'm awaiting the chance to aquire a set of Imperial StormTrooper Armor.... Until then, I'll have to go as my hairy self...

12. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    oh good, more people to go!
    hi lingster ;)

so what theater are we looking at? my sister and I live in Webster... what about the rest of you?

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Here is a message from Dean Amsler. He has been with us since about 1997 and has been our main coordinator. I myself will be doing all i can to supprot anything that poeple want to do for this club and Ep.2.

This is most of an Email he sent out. he has some good ideas, maybe.

Well, with Episode 2 coming our way in just a few short months, I was wondering if any of you wanted to participate in some going-ons that I've been brewing for our group for increased exposure/limelight?&nbsp; First, in other news...</DIV>
    <DIV align=left>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV align=left><STRONG>NEW TOYS</STRONG>:&nbsp
    as we do have a new Epic coming our way (a film I'm sure is going to be far, far better than Ep.I was!), it's time for our group to get some spot-light time.&nbsp; So, I've been gelling some ideas of what we might do.&nbsp; Nothing is </DIV>
    <DIV align=left>gospel until we decide (as a group) that it's a "go", so these are, as always, just ideas.&nbsp; Some bold, others, just stupid.</DIV>
    <DIV align=left>
    <STRONG>FIRST:&nbsp; </STRONG>In a effort to do the "philanthropic" (read: "charitable") thing, I had an idea that would get us pre-Ep.2 press and an opportunity to raise some serious cash... a "Star Wars" Video-Game-A-Thon, where we of the GRASWFC play any and all SW video games for an entire weekend straight, and get sponsored on a dollars-per-hour basis to do so to raise cash for charity.&nbsp; And unless anyone else has any ideas for a charitable organization to contribute to (and though my contact attempts last time out fell on seemingly deaf ears), I'd like to give the proceeds to the local Make-A-Wish Foundation.&nbsp; Well in advance, I'd like to canvass our previous sponsorship businesses (as I don't feel that they got what they deserved before for their investment) and bring them on-board (free this time out!!) for sponsoring the event.&nbsp; Also, given the nature of the event, I'd like to bring one of the local video-game retailers into </DIV><DIV align=left>the sponsorship fray, and possibly use 'their house' for the event.&nbsp; Or Millennium, perhaps?&nbsp; Well, at any rate, I'm working up a general Press Release of sorts for the pre-Ep.2 frenzy, that we can modify to be sent to sponsors, the media, or whomever we feel deserves to hear from us.&nbsp; I, of course, will abuse my media connections to their fullest to get us some air-time, as always Ummmm... isn't there a movie coming out?...&nbsp; Well, yesterdays announcement of the Pittsford and Marketplace Cinemas closing nixes my idea for a venue change to a THX-capable house, so unless anyone has any other ideas, can we plan on making arrangements With Cinemark Tinseltown Theatres in Gates again?&nbsp; With the fiancee now closely holding my reins, I don't expect I'll be doing any camping out this time out, BUT I do hope that some of us plan on being a presence for the first ticket sales as well as the first showing.&nbsp; Like there's any doubt...!&nbsp; I haven't talked to any of you yet about your personal plans for these dates yet, so e-mail me to either e-mail address, and let me know what your plans are, or what ideas you might have.&nbsp; RANDY- we should probably do some talking, eh?

14. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    oops, I forgot we had a website. [face_blush] well, in response to the video game idea, I support it, but I'm not sure how much I could participate. Also, Tinseltown is a bit far away for me sister and me for Episode 2, but if that's what we agree on, then it probably won't be too much of a problem. :) I'd better dig up the link to the website. ;)

EDIT: Here's the link. It was in the last topic on the list. ;)
    http://www.johnsgeneric.com/graswfc

15. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Is that link correct? I went there and the latest news is May 2001.

I probably won't be seeing AOTC in Rochester since I am kinda far away, but hopefully somewhere out here (Wayne Co.) will have a midnight showing.

I wasn't collecting SW back in 1999, but hearing about the TRU midnight madness is interesting, did anyone go to that when it happened? I will probably just go to wal-mart on April 23rd and see what they have. I think the new EP 2 figs look great, I hope I have room and $$ for all the ones I want :D

16. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey lingster, if ur hairy, can't you jsut go as a wookie? And the Make a Wish is a good idea, but, I don't mean to offend his ideas, but I would like to suggest Foodlink as the charity we help. Just my thoughts.

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    The link is correct. The website is not being used. It probably will never be unfortunately because we lack someone to update it on a regular basis. Also it lacked enough interest from members. It was never updated that much because there was not really that much being done, so it never was utilized to its potential. Sort of what happened to this club in general. There are not enough crazy Star Wars Freaks like my self involved that would jump at a moments notice to join fellow local fans at a get together, or wear big GRASWFC logo T Shirts and do all sorts of things by investing some time and money. Any that are out there either do not know of us, or are a lot like some of you who are not old enough to drive and just go out and do stuff. We have to deal with it and make the best out of what we can do. Know all that is left is this Message board. Fortunately all of you have made it to this board. There may be hope for the near future. The way I see it we have about 4 more years left of active star wars Fandom until it will start to go into obscurity for most of the general public and even a lot of fans will just go back the rest of their lives and start to forget it all.

18. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    I'm not *THAT* hairy... Just my face.... :)

I look more like Grizzly Adams... If anyone knows that obscure reference...

Or for those younger amongst us...

A young Santa Clause.... :)

19. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    I think both a line and the Video-Game-A-Thon are good ideas. However the fact that when May 16 comes I will only be 15 years old my parents rule everything I do. Since the 16th is a Thursday I probably won't make it to the midnight showing and it sucks that I can't. They have this it's a school night thing. But I would be willing to line up on weekends (with parents? permission :p ). Back to the Video-Game-A-Thon being as Star wars games are there are enough different kinds for all people, and that would be to our advantage it would give people some assorted choices of what to play. About whom we would be supporting I again think both ideas would be good. I went to both their web sites and found nothing to put one over the other.

20. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    I'll be 15 on May 16th, but then I'm turning 16 the day after that... :D My parents will still pretty much tell me what I can and can't do then, anyways. ;) Maybe we could go for a little bit of the line up or something, or we could just have more than one... anyone have any ideas about how to work this out?

21. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I would only just be 15 :D on the 16th my birthday is May 2nd. So I would probably not get to go to a midnight show, but maybe we could do an after school showing for all the parentally restricted people :p .

Also the video game thing would help the 5 hours of community service I have to do for school this year :) .

22. jedi_lingster

Oct 2, 2001
    Good god I feel old. I'm more than TWICE the age of you youngsters...

Let me get my cane. I'll go as the Emperor..

23. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    No! Your not that old :D . Otto is 105 :p . After May 17th you'll only be 1 year past twice the age of Mara. That's not too much older. Besides to be the Emperor you'd have to shave your beard.

24. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    exactly, adri. :D I might be able to go to the midnight one, it depends on how happy I make my parents. ;) However, I wouldn't mind going to an after school showing even if I went to the midnight one also. You can never see Star Wars too many times. ;)

Don't feel old, lingster. You're not old until you're like 60 or something. ;)

25. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    I'll be your HAND, alright lingster :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.