main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Official Countdown to Episode 2!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mara-Jade-Skywalker, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    haha, you killed the thread this time. :p

I hope Paul ends up in here, because I think he's got experience with planning this sort of thing. ;)

2. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    About the costume thing I have a jedi outfit but havent made the robe yet. I'd be willing to dress up too.

I hope he comes too. Two 14 year olds, a 15 year old, and a 33 year old may need a little help

I talked to one of my friends at school and asked him if he knew any video game places looking for some good public relations, he suggested game craze.

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    :D I can tell you a good pattern to use for the robe, If you like... also, JoAnns in Webster has some fairly cheap brown Jedi robe-ish material that I used... I will be making a black one for Chris (Otto) soon too ;)

4. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    My Aunt Beth is giveing me a pattern there is a pic. of her on the Star Wars site, here is the link:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2001/08/news20010807.html

She is in the last row of pics. in the middle.

Eventualy I will have to redo my costume though. She said everything had to be wool (and we must listen to the master :D ).

5. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    it has to be wool? :eek: We made ours out of some pretty thin material (which is good for running around on hot days ;) ). Since I'm going as a Sith, I think what I'm wearing will probably be all right, but Alison's going to be a Jedi and her costume isn't exactly like the ones in those pictures... could you possible share your directions and everything, adri? pretty please with cherries on top? :D

6. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    Her father just died :_| so she has not sent them to me yet. My costume is thin too. That?s why at some point I will have to make another costume. However she did say she used renaissance patterns and used different parts from different patterns.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Cross border Lurker here...

For Jedi costumes, there are hundreds of messages about them in the Costuming & Props Forum, including the different materials and patterns used.

Worth a read if you plan to make any costume really.

8. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    we got patterns from there, but apparently we either didn't read about different materials or we decided to use cheaper material, I can't remember which. ;)

adri, I'm sorry about your aunt's dad. :_|

9. Padawan_adri

Sep 14, 2001
    I went for something cheeper too.

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah umm, about the age thing, I'll be newly 16 when Epi 2 comes out. May 12 baby!! Too bad it's Mother's Day that day :( Any ways, EH, Mara and I are probably meeting up at a show next Sunday, at a show that I'm teching at School of the Arts, my school. It's like a Dance Concert thing, it's pretty cool, kinda freaky, but it's cool. You should come see it if you get the chance. It's on Sunday the 10th, we could use it as a pre Epi 2 meeting, even though I probably should be posting this on the other topic over there. But oh well, here's where I'm posting it, so blah. :D

11. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    I'm not sure if I'll go see it, Chris.

Adri, I think the cheaper material might be better if it's warm outside, anyways. ;)

12. Mazer-Rackham

Mazer-Rackham Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    It has been forever and a day since i have been here (wipe hard drive 3 times and having a "fun" time a school will do that to ya) but whatever you guys plan to do im up for. Ill be at RIT till the 22 of May so im up for anything just let me know when. I gots a car for rides and stuff as well. And i'll definatly do the videogame athon as long as i dont have to play jedi power battles(shudders), if i dont have finals then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.