main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary *OFFICIAL * Crown Theatres Midnight Show Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    This thread is being started as per request of the people in line at Crown Theatres for tickets. In here we can discuss when we'll meet and stuff like that.

2. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Great, thanks Mogook. If anyone still plans on going to the 12:01 showing at Crown, tickets are likely still available. You can walk in and just buy tickets at the box office by the Lerner's store. If you are paying by credit card you can just use the automated machine. After about an hour after the machine was turned on we realized that we probably could have used that machine and cut down our wait time. Oh well, we hopped out of line, charged our tickets and were done.

Anyway, head down there now and buy tickets for the digital showing at 12:01am! Now I have a throbbing headache so I'm going to get some sleep.

EDIT: By the way, we (Mogook, Boba, myself) were thinking about arriving around 9pm on the day of the showing, for those interested.

-Karth

3. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Count me in too!! :D

4. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    *YAWN*

I FINALLY got some sleep after this morning's activities. And to clear up some confusion, the digital projectors at Crown are permenant installations. So if you don't catch it with us at 12:01 AM, you'll still be able to see it the way it was intended.

I'm just wondering why we didn't think of the automated ticket thing sooner. :)

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh well, at least we still got the tickets.

6. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Help! Anybody know if they still have tickets left for the midnight showing at the Annapolis Crown, for a digital showing (theater 11 only?)? My brother lives in Annapolis and he'll go after work, but I can't get off work today. Do they have a website? Online ticketing? Anybody got a phone number? Maybe I should go back and read all the postings.....

I've got tickets to Muvico for the opening, but I really don't want to go there. I saw Spiderman there yesterday... FULL at an 11 am matinee and I got a crappy seat even though I was 35 minutes early. Good movie, though....

kasjedi

7. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I just stopped by there yesterday at about 4:15 and picked up my tickets for theater 11. I was the only one in line buying tickets for the midnight show. I know this because everyone in line left when the lady announced that the 4:30 Spiderman show was sold out. So I was the only one still standing there with my money in my hand and "Star Wars Episode II tickets for the midnight show please" repeating through my mind. :D

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    kasjedi, I'm not sure if tickets are still available, but they do have a phone number and you can order tickets over the phone. But, I don't have the # with me right now. Around 4:45 I should be able to post the number here. Also, check moviefone.com and see if Annapolis Crown Theatres 11 is on there.

9. kasjedi

May 3, 2002
    I found a number for Crown Annapolis 11 and called. You have to go to the theater, my brother is going to see if they still have seats left after he gets off work. Do they have stadium seating? I'm going for the digital projection, so it doesn't really matter, but both would be sweet.

kasjedi

10. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    When you purchase your tickets, make sure you specify theater 11, that is where the digital projector will be setup.

-Karth

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, they have stadium seating. I guess you have to go there to get tickets so you can specify theater 11 and they probably don't have Star Wars on the phone.

12. kasjedi

May 3, 2002
    My brother got us tickets for the Crown at midnight last night. They still probably aren't sold out today since you HAVE to go to the theater to buy them and they aren't really advertised. Right now, they are only selling the midnight show in their new digital projection theater - which is on schedule to be operational by this Friday. The manager told my brother they have no idea what else they will be showing in the theater, because the only movie they could show on it right now is Star Wars....

I'm excited.....

kasjedi

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Me too, kasjedi, me too.

14. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I'm excited too!! Wouldn't it be just awesome if there were only like a few people who know about the digital screening and the theater is only partly full of nothing but us hardcore fans. Total movie bliss!! :D

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I think the theater is gonna be full, but full with hardcore fans!

16. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Sigh, I wish I could go. They are having a midnight show here in Martinsburg, but it won't be digetal. Are you guys still planning on going to Hoyts on the 18th.? If so, maybe I can go with you. I'd like to go with some real diehard fans.

17. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Since I live in Annapolis, I went and got my tickets for the digital midnight showing. I went yesterday after work. There was no line and they still had tickets left.

Could someone start a list for who will be at the midnight digital showing in Annapolis? That way I can know who to look for Wed. night.

Thanks and see you there!

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Isbeth, I think people expressed interest in going to Hoyts on the 18th to see the movie again.

Yes jedi-sabre, I'll start it.

19. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Ok, I've been trying to post for a week, but never got my password, so after 4 tries, I'm FINALLY here! YAY!!

Anyway, now that I'm late, I assume all the tix for the midnight show are gone?

My dad just went to try & snag a few for Bethesda's, buuuuut, I'm curious anyway.

Also, as for the 18th, anyone going in costume? I don't exactly care if I'm the only one, but it'd be a ton more fun if a bunch of us got all decked out, hit a bar or two, & made it a night. If not Annapolis, then maybe downtown D.C...I know all the Uptown fanatics will be agreeable to a gathering....Yay or nay??

~Harley~

P.S. you can reach me at Harlicious@hotmail.com, if you'd prefer...I'm definately interested in trying to stir up some star wars festive trouble...

20. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Costumes???? I LOVE that idea. I've been looking for an excuse to wear the jedi gear of my favorite knight (on my favorite night)
    I'm up for it if atleast a few other will.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't have any costume to wear. I'll probably wear a marylandforce.net shirt. Or, at least a Star Wars shirt.

22. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    As it stands, I have tix for the Bethesda midnight showing, but I'd gladly sell those bad boys if I could manage to get my hands on a few tix for Crown's showing...

I don't own any costumes, I'm making mine...as well as my little bro's & somehow wrestling mom & dad into the deal as well. If ya don't have a costume, but wanna get decked out, best thing to do is improvise...See what you have that can be used (ex: Jedi/merc wear is easier than most others & usually doesn't require make-up). Or, you can take a stab at trying your luck w/make up & be something outlandish...That's usually more fun. Personally, that's my opportunity to outlet my creativity, so I'm going for it! hehe

Regardless, I will DEFINATELY be in costume. If I can't make the midnight show, I'm trying to make arrangements for the 18th. My problem right now is...

WHO to be?! Shaak Ti, A Nightsister, Aleema Keto, or Aayla Secura?! agh, decisions suck!

So yeah, I'm babbling excitedly...email me if ya wanna scheme on some kinda, themed/costumed rendezvous..thingy...Harlicious@hotmail.com

23. jeff_a_haines

jeff_a_haines Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 1999
    I finally got around to buying my tickets yesterday, only to be dissapointed at learning the digital theatre is sold out. Last summer I worked at the Crown Harbour IX theatre, and was pleased to find one of my managers sub-ing at the ticket desk at the mall. She stated that they would not be seating before 11:15, but that she expecte dteh line to start at least two hours before the film opens. I will be in theatre 1, which has a larger screen than 11, but lacks the perfecton of teh digital projection.

24. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    jeff: a lot of us are getting there around 7 PM. much more than "2 hours". ;)

25. jeff_a_haines

jeff_a_haines Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 1999
    Wow, ok cool, yeah I am expecting a line, but I have one other person with me so I do not think i have much to worry about as far as seating. I really hope it will be oen of those great shows where people clap for the film, et cetera. Realizing that in all my years of starwars fandom, I have never bought any type of apparel, i quickly made a Yoda tee-shirt, which i will wear with a hawaiian shirt. I am really pumped for this. I have had the soundtrack blaring all day.
    Now I have the terrible job of finishing work which I must have done for thursday morning...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.