*OFFICIAL* Crown Theatres XI Annapolis - Midnight Screening

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Just announcing that Crown Theatres XI in Annapolis Mall has started selling tickets for Ep3 last Friday, April 22. The theatre offers Digital Projection (in theatre 11).

Harth_Cabal has contacted the theatre a few times because there's a bit of confusion. For instance, I have tickets to the midnight screening (12:01 am), but the day is listed as Thursday, May 19. While this is technically the correct date for that time, most theatres list Wed. May 18 as their midnight screening. But, for Episode II, Crown listed that Thurs. as the date, so this is just how they do it.

It appears Fandango is not selling the 12:01am showing anymore, but try contacting the theatre directly.

I'll let Harth_Cabal post any updates he has managed to get from the theatre.
  2. Harth_Cabal Jedi Knight

3. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice work. I hope that even though they're listing the show date as Wednesday, May 18, they still mean Thurs. because my ticket lists the 12:01am showing as Thursday, May 19.

I called them earlier and they said that the tickets listed as 12:01am Thursday, May 19 are for the first show.

They also said the show was sold out. So, anyone still interested, better click on Harth's link and order tickets quickly.
  4. Knight1977 Jedi Padawan

Harth_Cabal - Thanks Again for the kudos. Just trying to help fellow fans out.

Mogook - Hopefully Crown isn't double booking this show! That could be a real mess. Did you pick up the tickets at the box office or the ticket kiosk? I picked up mine from the ticket kiosk at the tickets say:

Crown Annapolis
    Presenting
    Star Wars
    PG13
    24:01:00 THU
    AD $9.00
    Aduditorium 11

Is that how yours read? Kinda weird no date on them.

As of now, tickets are still on sale on the Fandango website listed for Wednesday May 18th. Is this sold out or not?
  5. Knight1977 Jedi Padawan

Update - I just called the Crown 11 at 410-224-8700. The gentleman on the phone stated that the Midnight Screening is not sold out, and that they have plenty of tickets left! So that Wed 12:01am show, listed on Fandango, is the correct one. I read off my tickets to him and he said yes, they are valid, although he was confused about no date. I did show my tickets to an employee on Saturday, and he said they were the right ones. Still wondering if all the tickets picked up from the kiosk are missing a date? I'm keeping my Fandango receipt just in case. Does anyone else's tickets look like this?
  6. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I was at C3 when they started selling the tickets, I had a friend buy them for me at the box office. The employee said that it is for the first show. And after a phone call yesterday, I was told the same thing.

My ticket lists the date as Thursday. And it looks like your ticket says Thursday, too, based on what you posted above.

My guess is that the box office and Fandango handle the dates a little different. Fandango lists the date as Wednesday, but Crown prints the tickets as Thursday.

When I called Crown, they said the showing was for Wednesday night, but they have to list Thursday as the date. Plus, it is technically Thursday.
  7. oysteinsevag Jedi Padawan

I just picked up my Crown Tickets, for the Midnight showing, on the 18th, and they look like everyone elses so i will see you all there.

~R
  8. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be there - just got our tickets!

Anyone dressing up?

:)

ecila
  9. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I wanted to clear up some confusion over the date for the midnight showing. I called Crown yesterday asking them if my 12:01am showing for Thursday, May 19 was the same as the 12:01am for Wednesday, May 18. They said it was. They will not turn people away with Wed. or Thurs. dates. They have not double-booked the show either. Apparently, they made a mistake with something and put up another date. Both are valid.

If you're still not sure or are still worried about lining up all day for a movie they won't let you see, then please call the theatre. And, if you manage to get any information, then post it here.
  10. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Just spoke with the Crown Theatres XI Annapolis woman - she said the midnight show was sold out.
  11. Knight1977 Jedi Padawan

Thanks Mogook for the update! I'm glad everyone's questions seem to be cleared up. The only thing I thought was odd was there was no numeric date on my tickets, but it seems everyone else's tickets are the same way. I can't wait till the 19th and look forward to seeing everyone there.
  12. Takalis Jedi Padawan

you sure naboo? if so, I'm darn glad i got mine early today then.

Hey guys, I'm new to this area from Syracuse/ Rochester New york.
  13. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    That's what they said - I called 410-224-8700, the number for the Theater that Knight1977 left (see post above) and after several busy signals, got through.

The woman just said "the mightnight showing is sold out". I took that to mean all screens, including any non-digital ones they might run in addition to #11 that night.

That's all I know. Probably wouldn't hurt for someone else to call them tomorrow and get a confirmation. Bummer for me; I hadn't got tickets yet.
  14. Takalis Jedi Padawan

huh, that's very intresting. I went in at 3pm and the woman there said it would sell out but I never thought it'd be that fast. very intresting though. someone should call tomorrow to find out. BTW, my ticket is for the #11.
  15. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Mea culpa - I was too wasted and inundated with work when I got back from Indy to go before yesterday PM.

Thinking of going to Salisbury now - doing it the reverse of seeing AOTC - first on film, then subsequently on digital.
  16. oysteinsevag Jedi Padawan

Has Crown released if they will be showing it on other screens becides the Digital screen?

~R
  17. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi All! Used to be active - been kinda lurking the last couple of years - trying to avoid learning more than the obvious part of the plot line for ROTS.

Disappointed I missed getting midnight tickets for the digital version at Crown. Any clue if they are selling for other theaters at midnight? Or if they will sell tickets for later on Thursday yet?
  18. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Fandango is still listing the 12:01am DLP showing, so they may not be sold out yet. Try to get them through there.

For Ep2, they had theatre 1 showing the movie too, so I'm sure they'll do it this time as well. But theatre 11 is the one with digital projection.
  19. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    I've tried but alas I get "Unable to process ticket request." (Tried with several browsers.) Don't know if it's an error or Fandango's way of indicating an out-of-stock condition, but I get that consistently.

I'll keep trying for awhile.
  20. Takalis Jedi Padawan

I actually went into the mall to get my ticket. YOu might have to do that now.
  21. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    My guess is that it is Fandango's way of indicating it's sold out. But I agree with Takalis, still try to get them at the theatre. I think theatres sometimes have a certain amount they set aside for online and for box-office, unless the whole thing is integrated.

But, to be completely sure, try to purchase tickets for theatre 11 in-person.
  22. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    I feel like the old TV pitchman: "wait, there's more!"

Just called the theater back and got a slightly different story than what I'd been told last night. They have sold out of the DLP room but, because of that, are opening another non-DLP screen for the midnight showing, which, as of right now is NOT sold out.

He said they only planned to open one other screen. I seem to recall more than one non-digital screen there for AOTC for the midnight premiere.

Meanwhile, he said that their online ticketing server crashed last night - didn't seem to know if it was still down.

The $64K question for me: is it worth it to drive all the way over there to get tix for a non-digital showing when there are several places much closer showing film prints.
  23. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    If anyone buys tickets in person - please post. We have 2 tickets and now need 2 more!

:)

alice
  24. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Went in and got my ticket yesterday.

I bought it (says 12:01am the 18th...), and asked if it was for the DLP, and they said they hadn't sorted it out, and are just letting people in based on the order when they get there? Or something like that.

My friends and I have been toying with the idea of just showing up at 10am and line-ing the whole day. Not sure how receptive the management would be...I suppose I'll check if none of you have yet.

But, at any rate, I should finally see some of you at the event.

edit: One of my friends just went, and found out they're sold out now. I suppose I won't be doing the line-ing thing with them. If any of you are interested, drop me a line.
  25. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Correction: I've got myself and two friends going to the non-DLP midnight showing at Annapolis so far.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.