main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary *OFFICIAL* Crown Theatres XI Annapolis - Midnight Screening

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm not sure when I'll be lining up yet. I should be free all day so it depends on some of my friends and how early I want to get there.

2. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I dont know what I'll be doing. I'll probably be working that night and my bro is going with me so I'm not sure. as for line-ing. might get there around 11 or so eitherway

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    11am right? Since 11pm is probably too late.

4. oysteinsevag

oysteinsevag Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    I am terribly upset I have an award ceremony to go to the same night. To tell the truth I don?t want to go, but as I am getting the award that is being presented I sort of have an obligation. If I could switch the days, I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it is in Rockville, and will not end until 6, which means that the earliest I MIGHT get to Annapolis is 8 or 9. That is terribly disappointing. Especially because I picked up my tickets early, so I could get the DLP show. With this news that it is about who gets in line first rather than who purchased tickets earlier I am going to probably miss the reason I was going to Annapolis to see EPIII-the Digital Projection. More than anything, I hope that the line for that theater will not be full.

~R

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, if they do the first-come first-serve business for the theatres, I could see that causing a lot of trouble. But, one of my friends who attended Ep2 there with me remembers them doing it then.

The best thing is to maybe get a friend that can hold you a place in line. Getting there around 8 or 9 isn't that bad, as long as someone is holding a spot for you. If you get there then and get at the end of the line, I'm not sure how long it'll be, or if you'll get a spot in theatre 11 (DLP).

But don't worry. We'll help you out.

6. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    I'm going to see it elsewhere (Salisbury) but I still have the ticket stubs from AOTC and they show the screen room #. So if you got tix for DLP it should show #11 on there and you should be OK - right?

7. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    Mogook,

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I am in the process of looking for someone to hold my place, but that is not going well either, the curse of living in Montgomery County, everyone is either going to Rio or the Uptown. I just desperatly want to see it in digital, i mean if not in digital why make the effort of driving to Annapolis?

Well i am sure things will work out. I will see you all on the 18th, only 9 more days.~R

8. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I was at the mall last night, and it looked like there are 2 midnight showings. It also looked like you could buy tickets at the kiosk still.

:)

ecila

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Since there's only 8 days left, we should start discussing line plans.

What time is everyone planning to get there Wednesday?
    What are you planning to bring to keep yourself busy?

10. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    Mogook, I am going to try and get their hopefuilly sometime between seven and eight, and i might run out once i get their and drop my friend off who is coming to get some food, if you all want anything let me know, i am more than happy to gopher for a little while.

I was thinking of bringing my lapotp and the EpI, and EpII, so that i can have a marathon of watching them before i see the third. Thats just a thought. Other than that i am not sure. It is going to be a killer day for me what with having to drive from Rockville. If any of you have any ideas i would LOVE to hear them.~R

At the very least we can examine at all of the Naval Academy Guys who are skipping out on curfew to watch the movies and come up with ideas for what their punnishment will be.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    7 or 8 am?

Yeah, definitely bring your laptop with the movies. That's a great idea. You could also bring some of the trailers for Ep3 burned to a CD or DVD. I could do this if you don't have time.

Also, I have the CD with the DVD extra that has the Ep3 music video.

12. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    Pm, unfortunatly, But that is the plan to get the movies and watch them that night. I can burn off the Trailers But if you could bring the music that would be great.

~R

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm still not exactly sure when I'll be getting there. It'll be early or late afternoon.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    My group's planning on either a portable dvd player or a laptop for Episodes I and II.

We're also probably going to run an rpg that ends as the movie starts.

15. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    Excellent Aragorn, That sounds wonderful. I hope you and your group get there early so you all can get great seats. The theater has some good and some not so good seats so it is very important to get in early.

I will see you wednesday.

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Here's a list of members that will be attending Crown (correct me if I'm wrong):

Aragorn327
    ecila
    Knight1977
    Mogook
    oysteinsevag
    Takalis

In addition to discussing the times we're getting there and what we plan to bring, we could also post pictures or descriptions (kind of shirt, etc.) so we can notice each other.

I'll be wearing a burgundy Celebration III shirt (the C3 Vader logo on the front, "Indianapolis April 21-24 2005" on the back).

17. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    I will be wearing little red shoes and probably a red shirt. I am also bringing one person. Odds are i will be one of the late arrivers it all depends on 50 and or 495. I am tentativly bringing my Laptop with the DVD's i will not decide that till tuesday at the earliest.

Also i am going to stop and probably get some food, either that or bring the leftovers from my award banquet. Hopefully i will have enough for everyone. So i can gopher around before i come up to pick up some extra things for while we wait as the mall will close before the showing begins.~R

18. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure what I'll be wearing. Some of my friends are trying to get me to wear a costume, while others are trying to get me not to :p

My group has just gotten a bit larger than I'd thought it would be. Looks around 8 at this point, but I've got 3 others that were muttering about possibly showing up, and about 5 not in my group I'm friends with that might show up and hang out with my group...so I really have no idea how large the group I'm with will be anymore.

At any rate, I'll be with a Jedi and someone with a Scout Trooper helmet on. Depending on if a friend sorts out some bandwidth issues, I might have a picture up of myself before the 18th.

19. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I am glad to hear that your buddies are dressing up Aragorn - I was starting to wonder if I would be a lone ranger! I will be dressed as Padme, either in the EPS III lavendar nightgown or the EPS II nightgown and blue robe.

Does anyone have an extra ticket to the DLP midnight showing? I just found out that an old friend will be staying with me from out of town this week, and I hate to leave him at home!

:)
    ecila

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll be with 6 other people, but they won't all be arriving at once.

21. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Sorry this message is unrelated because of date, but just wondering, are tickets available for other nights? I know that the midnight is sold out, but I got an error message, that the whole weekend was sold out, then, yesterday I relogged using fandango and it said the other days in DLP weren't sold out... anyone know the status?

22. Takalis

Takalis Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I'll be wearing a grey Stormtrooper and crossbones shirt and jeans and my brother probably will wear some white t-shirt and jeans. Also, I'll be getting there sometime after 9:40 or so, depending on when i get out of work.

23. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    no message.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    What time is everyone getting there? I'll be there around 4:30 probably. I'm going to call the theatre around noon and see if there's a line yet though.

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    We're turning it into an all day event and are going to try to get there around 10 am :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.