main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Official Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine Fan Club!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pearlsaber, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Let's just take a moment to relive this fantastic piece of acting

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  3. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Ah - Darth Mario's Evil Sith Brother Darth Furio eh? Hmm - yes indeed - given Palpatine is but irredeemable and beyond help of redemption and how Mcdiarmid describes him ...

Annelize Livia likes this.
  4. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Posted one of my favorite Darth Sidious moments to YouTube :D

The Sith Camp and Admiral Volshe like this.
  6. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

I know Darth Plagueis by then would have been dead and such BUT can you imagine IF he was still alive and 'watching from the shadows' so the 'Power Behind The Scenes' and nods and grins approvingly at this speech Palpatine made? And probably thinking 'at last Lord Sidious ... you have proven yourself worth of the Sith Grand Plan of 1000 years ... it seems all that training those years ago on Mygeeto was worth it ... ' afterall Darth Plagueis had hoped Palpatine would be the 'puppet' in a sense whilst Darth Plagueis would be the true 'Power Behind The Scenes...'

Annelize Livia and Darkslayer like this.
  7. Annelize Livia

Annelize Livia Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2015
    I can imagine his wide smile... Even if Palpatine is pretty evil, I kind of like him. He's a good sith. My fav scene is when he changes the republic into an Empire

The Sith Camp likes this.
  8. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Well Palpatine didn't 'SHEE-VER' in the naked frigid cold of Mygeeto literally for nothing you know ... afterall Darth Plagueis did taunt him and goad him to anger at times by saying he was literally 'wasting his time' by being subject to the 'SHEE-VERING' training ...

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the Four Sages of Dwartii founded the order that would later split into the Jedi and Sith orders. This would explain why Palpatine would respect them but would also be willing to display statues of them.

10. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Actually Annelize did I tell you whenever I grin at people or even now with the emoticon grins? Yup you guessed it I give a Palpatine style grin :) (Palpatine :emperor: style grin :) )

The question is - if we take in EU - wasn't it Adjunta Pall and the 11 other Dark Jedi whom later conquered and interbred with Massassi Sith? I mean I thought Ancient Sith - well look at King Adas or Tulak Hord - they surely lived LONG BEFORE even the 4 Sages - afterall weren't the 4 Sages the 'Founding Fathers' of the Republic - or have I got it misread? And if the fact the Sith - well Massassi on Korriban/Morraban were around long before the Republic...

Annelize Livia likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dunno if been posted before but finally saw these today, pretty genius. Also, outside of the movies, dunno if there's many other mediums where Palpy played the Emperor

12. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Its not Palpatine - Its Squeakpatine! Or rather instead of Darth Sidious - Darth Oinkious! Darth Squeakpatine! Darth Pigpatine! Darth Piggyius!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Attic Adventure

Attic Adventure Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2016
    Ey Star Wars fans :)

I maked today a movie about Sidious, it contains 4 fights from him.
    I hope you guys like it, it is my first movie so it's not perfect yet I have much to learn so feedback is welcome :)

here is the link:

on my channel I also will upload every week Star Wars Battlefront video's
    May the force be with you :)

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Attic Adventure

I merged your thread with the Official Palpatine/Sideous fanclub. We don't need separate threads on him since we gave the main one here.

15. Attic Adventure

Attic Adventure Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2016

Oh I didn't saw this topic haha.
    Thankyou verymuch then :)

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. :)

17. Lord Revan.

Lord Revan. Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2013
    Sidious shown pilot, fighting, strategy and great manipulation skills and politics as well. Sidious' respect thread talks about mechu-deru a Force power that let's force users manipulate and even understand mechanical and technological things/beings, using the shadow-droids as argument. But in dark empire it wasn't clear that Sidious indeed created them (looks like an imperial engineer did), while Sidious simply inbued them with the dark side.
    Also maul seems to know this technique and mechanic skills, building the assassin droid c3px, so who else could have teached him besides Sidious?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Going to merge this with the Darth Sidious fanclub.

19. Darth Cyrina

Darth Cyrina Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2016
    First off, if there's another new thread for this, someone just pm me and I'll go there. I have no idea what happens when a thread gets merged, sorry.

I have no idea how I never knew this was a thing. I fricken LOVE Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. He is what I see when some one says Sith. He's cunning, powerful, and one heck of a manipulator. He's also deadly. Have you seen that lightning? I'm not sure if it's stated in canon, but I belive he could control the voltage, able to keep it below deadly levels, or deliver an instant death. (Also to prevent killing Vader, but I'm not sure) As one of my main characters in a fanfic once said: he will electrocute you while at the same time getting some bill or other passed, with no one the wiser (she was in the Old Republic era)

Also, here is the Ian McDiarmid panel highlights, they are funny as heck, and that last bit...pure Sith

20. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    Really, they have a fan club?

What's next, C3-PO singing Katy Perry songs?

21. Darth Cyrina

Darth Cyrina Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2016
    That would be the apocalypse

22. Cawti

Cawti Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2016
    It's mentioned in canon that Sidious was a formidable opponent when it came to using a lightsaber, but in the movies we rarely see him wield it. Was this simply due to the fact that he had Darth Vader to do his bidding at that point or because he was more comfortable using other methods (i.e. Force Lightning etc.) You almost get the feeling that he views using his lightsaber as a last resort-almost barbaric in nature-and that he would rather resort to using manipulation, cunning, and various Sith tricks to bring about a means to an end.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Merging with our Darth Sidious fanclub.

24. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Hi Darth Cyrina,

welcome to this Club!

It is actually a bitter irony that the force-lightning was the mean which brought Sidious to power over the Order of the Sith by killing with lightning his master Darth Plagueis. But in the end the lightning was also his death. At first in ROTS, his own lightning nearly killed him while directed back at him by the purple blade of Mace Windu, leaving him marred forever. And finally in ROTJ he was so exhausted as an old man having electrocuted poor Luke Skywalker over long minutes with lightning, that Vader took his chance to save his son and to throw Sidious into the shaft of the second Death Star.

Another bitter irony in this final scene lies in the fact that Sidious was to weak to defend himself against Vader and his son who paved the way for this with his submission. While in the comic "Son of Dathomir" you have a mirroring of that situation. Maul did quit his service for Sidious to fight together with Savage for his own version of an empire. In the end he is siding with his Mother Talzin on Dathomir, who defended her son Maul against Sidious' force-lightning.
    [​IMG]
    And now we see, what Sidious can do else with his force-lightning than killing people. He is freeing Dooku with his blue bolts from Talzin's magicks of the green lightning. Dooku takes again his place by the side of his master, both firing blue lightning alltogether on Talzin now. Talzin, after Sidious and Dooku electrocuted her near the brink of exhaustion, had to die, when Grievous dealt the final two blows with his lightsaber to take away any evidence of the presence of the two Sith-Lords. In this fight against Mother and Son, Sidious remained successful.

Later in ROTJ there is such a turn in loyalty too. Vader quits his service to Sidious siding with his son now. And against this Father-son-duo, Sidious has no chance anymore.

And here is the

Official Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine Fanclub Roster

Update

Emperor's Circle

Pearlsaber (President)
    Sudooku (Interim President)
    Darth Maul Apprentice (Creative Director)

Membership
    Merkual
    Purplerain
    mes520
    Bail B. Baobab
    Rainbow Knight Star
    Darth_Furio
    Dark Lord Of The Empire
    It Is Your Destiny
    Force Smuggler
    Darth Maul Apprentice
    Cushing’s Admirer