main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Official Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine Fan Club!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pearlsaber, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome to our humble abode, Dark Lord Of The Empire!

I trust you will find enough of Sidious here to whet your appetite.

Official Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine Fanclub Roster
    1. Pearlsaber (President)
    2. Merkual
    3. Purplerain
    4. mes520
    5. Bail B. Baobab
    6. Rainbow Knight Star
    7. Darth_Furio

8. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Question to anybody: What is your favorite Palpy Force power?

2. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    The devious machinations of Palpy are unmatched.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:
    "You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed."

"Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant."

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."

And of course-
    "It is unavoidable. It is your destiny." :D

I'm also a big fan of his conversation with Vader during ESB.

Pearlsaber likes this.
  3. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    Beautiful quotes, It Is Your Destiny!

Welcome! [face_skull]

2. Merkual
    3. Purplerain
    4. mes520
    5. Bail B. Baobab
    6. Rainbow Knight Star
    7. Darth_Furio

9. It Is Your Destiny

4. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    My favorite Palps Force power is his ability to deceive other Force users (not to mention everyone else around him). But he has an uncanny ability to either conceal his Force abilities altogether, or to only show a limited use of it and make himself seem weaker than his opponent. Then once he has deceived them, he reveals his true power and unleashes his fury on them!
    Force users have always been shown to be able to sense other Force users, but Palps completely pulls the wool of the eyes of the whole Jedi Council. They have absolutely no idea he's the Dark Lord of the Sith until it's too late. He then, in a matter of seconds, takes down three Jedi Masters, and fools Anakin into believing he can't take Mace on his own. "I..I..can't hold on much longer...I'm too weak." "Oh don't kill me...please." And this of course is all baloney.
    Then many years later, when Vader brings Luke before him, he at first only shows limited ability by unlocking Luke's handcuffs with the Force. He then spends a good deal of time making the point that he is unarmed and not a threat to Luke, and Luke lets his guard down, throws his Lightsaber away, and says he won't turn to the Dark Side. Once he has Luke fooled, he unleashes his Force Lightning on him, taking him completely by surprise!
    The greatest thing about Palps is that he understands that even though he is incredibly powerful, the mind is the most important tool when using the Force.

5. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    my favourite force power of Sidious is...not having to use it at all.

It is my belief that Sidious had not used the force in years until he flew over to fight Mace in ROTS.

There was a scene in TPM that had Sidious force choke Dofine on the trade federation ship, half of me wished they'd used that.

Pearlsaber likes this.
  6. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013

This is the impression I get as well, Rick. I think the times Palpy unleashed his force powers were few and far between.

In my opinion, this shows how powerful he really is.

7. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    I concur,

that is why I think the Jedi couldn't detect Palpatine's power, he wasn't tuning into the force so his "frequency" was turned off, if that makes sense

8. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013

Is this only a Dark Side trait? It would take extreme self control for Palps to do this for the length of time that he did.

Good thoughts, Dark Lord Of The Empire. Sidious has a way of bringing in his enemies close and then "surprising" them. ;)

9. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    Pearl that what makes him awesome

the only time he ever showed off was with his senate duel with Yoda,

the dark side to him was just a means to an end. Well I think so anyway :p

Pearlsaber likes this.
  10. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Hmm. Interesting discussion. While it's true that the Jedi couldn't detect Palpy's power, I don't believe that his 'frequency' was turned off.

Darth Sidious, the most powerful dark side practitioner of his era, could manipulate people and places from across the galaxy. A skill of this nature must be quite difficult to employ. I would assume that Palpy had to be 'tuned in' to the force in order to accomplish such a feat. Now, as for the Jedi, they were always in close proximity to Sidious. This could be a factor in Palpy's ability to mask his true identity.

To elaborate, Sidious' 'frequency' is undoubtedly turned on when he's manipulating objects or beings across the galaxy. He's 'tuned in' to the dark side, and must exert great amounts of energy IMO. Now... does the distance between the force-wielder and the targets affect difficulty? If size matters not, what about distance? Well, that's Jedi philosophy anyway. When it comes to Sith mentality, I believe distance is taken into account.

Palpatine is a master of long-range force manipulation on a galactic scale. So, I believe pulling the wool over the eyes of the Jedi became an easily honed skill. By the time we see him in the films, he's not exerting much energy to mask his identity. It's become automatic... almost instinctual if you take my meaning. His force reserves are not being depleted in a rapid fashion. To make a comparison, I think using force lightning for an extended period of time would deplete his force energies far quicker.

Anyway, my opinion is that Palpy's 'frequency' is turned on at all times. When masking his presence from the Jedi, he's still tapping into the force. It's just that the task has become simple for Sidious... almost like second nature. And when he's not exerting large amounts of energy through the force, there's nothing for the Jedi to detect. Don't get me wrong. To fool 10,000 Jedi is a monumental task, but that's why Sidious is so amazing. He's honed the skill to perfection. So much so that he doesn't have to waste any concentration on masking his identity. And this proves to be advantageous, considering he needs to utilize the force for many other abilities (precognition, sense, clairvoyance, telepathy, farseeing and vision to name a few).

So, here's my favorite Palpy force power:
    The ability to mask his presence and dark side signature while using the force for other Sithly machinations. ^:)^ Simply devious! :D

11. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    respectfully disagree dark lord of the empire :p

after observing Palps in the films, he does not use the force in any way before his confrontation with Mace, this leads me to believe that if you don't use the force they cannot detect it unless you do a midi count.

12. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Perhaps...but, what about late at night, when no one else is around? He probably used the Force then to practice and keep himself sharp. Plus he had to find the time to recruit Dooku as his apprentice, and he probably used the Force in his teachings.
    Or maybe when he sat down to watch the TV and forgot the remote, he used the Force to call the remote into his hand hmmm? :D

13. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_laugh]

well there is that :p

Sidious seems the type to force call a beverage from his mini bar in his office too :p

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  14. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    He probably just used the Red Guards for that. :p

15. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Indeed he does :)

I bet he's a riot to go bar hopping with!

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Everything in ROTJ hands down!

17. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013

I agree, Force Smuggler! Palpy really shines his sithliness in ROTJ.

Welcome to the club! :D

2. Merkual
    3. Purplerain
    4. mes520
    5. Bail B. Baobab
    6. Rainbow Knight Star
    7. Darth_Furio
    9. It Is Your Destiny
    10. Force Smuggler

We've made it to ten fans! Rejoice people.

18. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
  19. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Argh, that's my favorite quote too, so I'll use another one. "It's ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself."

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  20. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome! I'll update the roster later today. ;)

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  21. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Here's a better one. "You have been well trained my young apprentice, they will be no match for you."

22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm here. Merk converted me. :p It took him awhile but I think Ian's Palps is awesome now! :D

23. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    What's your favorite Palpy memory/quote, CA?

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Er...well. My most vivid memory is when I thought Palpy was electrocuting Luke to death right in front of my eyes. Gave me nightmares and I was terrified of the Emperor for years.

My fondest memory semi-related to the character is actually the first time I saw Ian host the Musical Journey discs included on my RotS OST. Like Sir Peter, Ian seems nearly the complete opposite of his SW persona. I like that. Not to mention having the Emperor as host was just :cool:.

My fave Force ability is the Lightning.

My fave quotes are:

Only now do you understand.

So be it, Jedi.

Everything is proceeding according to *my* design.

Are you *threatening* me, Master Jedi?

and

It's treason, then. :p

:D

25. Pearlsaber

Jan 29, 2013
    Goooooood.

Here is the updated roster, fellow palpy members. :D

Would anybody be interested in participating in a FanFic contest? We could give "Elite" status to the winner. PM me if you would be.

2. Merkual
    3. Purplerain
    4. mes520
    5. Bail B. Baobab
    6. Rainbow Knight Star
    7. Darth_Furio
    9. It Is Your Destiny
    10. Force Smuggler
    11. Darth Maul Apprentice