**Official** Darth Tater Fan Club (was: Darth Tater?)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthLarry, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    I work at one in Nashville, TN and we got 12 last Thursday and sold out by Friday.

Whoa!!! :eek: :eek:
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
  3. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    i finally "officially" joined the Darth Tater Fan Club! i found him at KB tonight for $7.99. if i waited, i probably could have saved a couple bucks at wal-mart, but i couldn't resist. some advice: i almost walked out without one. they were sitting next to the cash register and i almost didn't see them. i would have asked someone, but the only employee i saw was opening boxes and talking to himself. 8-}
  4. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm sure glad I got mine from SWshop when I did. One of my friends told me the other day that the KB near him sold out within a minute of putting them out. It seems that a guy was waiting there to buy them and just bought the whole box as soon they brought it out from the stock room. Talk about scalping. :p
  5. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    That is just wrong! If he had wanted a case, he should have placed a special order with the store or a wholesaler and not taken all of them. I hate it when stores allow that kind of thing!
  6. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree, that isn't right.
  7. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    these taters are hot! my mom and bro. went to KB today to pick one up and they had sold out. i wish i'd had enough money to pick one up for them the other day.
  8. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I ate some French fries tonight, but still no sign
    Tater.

^ I agree, stores should know better.
  9. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    "That is just wrong! If he had wanted a case, he should have placed a special order with the store or a wholesaler and not taken all of them. I hate it when stores allow that kind of thing!"

I totally agree. They shouldn't have allowed it. I hate it when scalpers try to control the toy market. [face_plain]
  10. DarthLarry Jedi Master

star 1
    has anyone in the greensboro nc area found him?

still waiting...

he's going to look so cool on my desk...

11. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm in the Richmond, VA area and I haven't seen him in stores yet either.
  12. DarthLarry Jedi Master

star 1

finally found him!

he was at K-Bee in Greensboro, NC. they had about 4 or 5 stacked by the register.

he is way cool for words.

*HIGHLY* recommended
  13. thatsMRvadertoyou Jedi Knight

I got my Darth Tater off Ebay - my wife wanted one REALLY bad, so that was her anniversary gift (kidding). I must say that the little guy has grown on me. Get it while you can 'cuz I see this thing being a huge collector's item in 20 years (unless they just keep making them and making them). I'm now a proud member of the Darth Tater Fan Club - do I get a pin or anything? :D
  14. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    Your username is great! [face_laugh]
  15. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    I finally found the little guy at KB tonight. I am so happy. He's on my desk right now. :)
  16. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    It said in the new Insider that I got today:

"And for younger collecters-Darth Tater!"

Younger collecters!? They obviously haven't been paying attention to all the adults buying them off the shelves. [face_laugh]
  17. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    My husband took his knive out at Wal-Mart last night and busted open the box. That was the only way we were going to get Darth Tater home. And I'm certainly glad he made it.

I'm kind of surprised that it was only $7.97. I know it's only a Mr. Potato Head, but it just seems like something they would charge at least $10 for.
  18. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    $7.97 that is cheap considering over here in the uk I have not seen him in the shops but people are selling him on ebay for £17.00 which works out to be $34.00 thats why I cannot wait until I get to celebration 3 cause I am going on a mad spending star wars spree cause it is so cheap over in the usa
  19. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    $34 = Yikes! I can understand your dillemna.
  20. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently, Playskool has a very low cost percentage for the Potato Head line as you can pick up Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head for less than $5 (I got a Mrs. for my daughter for $3.88 at Target the other week). They bumped up the price for Darth Tater probably due to smaller batch runs and the item specific pieces (helmet, mask, arms...).

Talking with my wife, we agreed that it might be cool if they made a potato version of Luke or Obi-Wan (ANH) to have him "fight".
  21. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    It is what we call rip off britain queen amadala
    I picked up my first ROTS figures from one of our stores here and they are charging works out to be nearly $12.00 a figure
  22. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Just think of it as pay back for all those years of taxing the colonies without representation! :D :p

23. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    And I was mad that Wal-Mart raised the basic figure price from $4.77 to $5.24.
  24. thatsMRvadertoyou Jedi Knight

Darth Shona - thanks for the compliment [face_blush] Occasionally I can be clever - but not often.

I paid $15 for my DT off Ebay. I know that's a lot, since they retail for like $8, but I thought it was worth it because she wanted it so bad! Anything to make the wife happy. If I see it for cheap somewhere I'll probably pick up another, that's how much he's grown on me :p
  25. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
    Younger collecters!? They obviously haven't been paying attention to all the adults buying them off the shelves.

LOL I know!! I saw that too (I also got my new Insider today)! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Even though he's less than eight bucks at Wal-Mart, I don't feel bad at all paying the $11.99 from the OS. He's well worth it. :)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.