main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** Darth Tater Fan Club (was: Darth Tater?)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthLarry, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Younger collecters!? They obviously haven't been paying attention to all the adults buying them off the shelves.

I don`t think the young kids care one way or another,if they want a SW toys they`ll get the hasbro ones to fight with

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "Even though he's less than eight bucks at Wal-Mart, I don't feel bad at all paying the $11.99 from the OS. He's well worth it."

Same here! I bought mines from the OS too,but I also got mine a good 2-3 weeks before they hit shelves,so it was worth it. :)

"I don`t think the young kids care one way or another,if they want a SW toys they`ll get the hasbro ones to fight with"

I agree. I don't think there'll be too much instrest in this from kids (unless their parents buy one for them). But that's fine with me,it'll leave more for us collector's. [face_mischief]

3. thatsMRvadertoyou

thatsMRvadertoyou Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2005
    I agree. I don't think there'll be too much instrest in this from kids (unless their parents buy one for them).

I totally agree. Kids over the age of about 4 really don't play with "baby" toys like Mr. Potato Head anymore, and I can't really seeing kids THAT young begging for it. Of course, what does that say about us? We've reverted back to our "4 and under" phase! They do say that as you get older you become more and more like a child [face_thinking]

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    JediJunkie247 posted on 2/16/05 2:14pm
    Damn these low carb diets! [face_laugh] [face_tongue]
    [hr][/blockquote]

ROTFLMAO!!!! [face_laugh]

I'm waiting to get mine but as soon as I do it will be the first "male" in my collection.

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Still waiting for mine from SW shop.com. Ordered it some time ago.

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Went to Toys R Us today, no Darth Taters. :_| They weren't out of them, they'd never had them in. Gah.

7. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Went to TRU for midnite madness and on my second trip to another TRu, I found a whole shelf of them, so I snagged two of them.

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Tried 2 Toys R'Us's and one Wallmart no luck. I want Darth Tater darn it! :(

9. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Went to TRU on Saturday and no Darth Tater. They have a waiting list in the hundreds for this. For being a toy for 2 year olds, it's probably my favorite and most anticipated collectible in years.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Neither of mine said anything about one kind of waiting list. One said that they heard of it but didn't have any yet. The other store had 3 according to the computer, but they weren't in the SW section or the Potato Head section. They said they either just sold or were not unpacked. It's 30 mins so it's not like I'm gonna keep running back there. :(

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I found Darth Tater today - in a local Woolworths! Going to open him once I figure out where to put him. I hereby retract most of my nasty words about Woolworths not having anything new!

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm going to the mall probably today. After that I am out of places to look. And they only have one toy store now, since one closed.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I found my Darth Tater in a Woolworths (*joins LAJ in taking back nasty comments about Woolies) several weeks before April 2nd, and he is now standing happily in the back shelf of my car :)

14. Master_Oblivion

Master_Oblivion Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Hey man I am in Winston Salem NC and just went to Toys R US in Winston Salem near hanes mall and they had 5 of them just last night 4-6-05 . Give them a call make sure they are there but they should have them no problem. I see you are in g-boro.

Good luck ......

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Anyone here in Connecticut?

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well my last stop (KB at the mall) had 3 Darth Taters. So I bought one as he is mine. I am leaving the little guy in the box for now. He's so cute. [face_love]

17. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    That's one of the great things about having a kid, I bought her one, so I can fiddle with hers, and leave mine in the package!

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL. I almost bought two. I felt too silly though.

19. YodaFan311

YodaFan311 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    On April 2nd, I found a "DARTH TATER". I have to say, "I LOve this guy!"

He's out on a shelf in my entertainment room (Screw leaving him in a box!).

I laugh just about every time I see this guy when I walk into the room. That alone has already been worth the money. Anyone else laugh the "good laugh" just by looking at Tater?
    Hilarious!

20. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I laugh everytime I look at my Darth Tater. Most places I've been still have quite a few of them. I may get another so I can put it on display.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I opened mine. He is on display in my hall, along with Room Alarm Jango.

22. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I got a Darth Tater as a birthday gift for my sister.

23. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    with all the talk of what's "rare" or "hard to find," i just realized that i haven't seen one of these since 4/2. TRU had a few, and one wal-mart had a huge display. but since then, i haven't seen a single one at any of my local stores. i was hoping they'd get easier to find--every kid should have one.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I only saw them in Woolworths the one time. When I went back this past Wednesday they were gone. Glad I got mine when I did!

25. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    The Spud Trooper is going to be a must have when it's released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.