main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    His eyes are red because he is high obviously.:p

but really it could just be what he decided he liked.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  2. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    He woke up one day, looked in the mirror and thought to himself: "You know what? This black all over is so last year. Anakin was kind of emo, but I am a freaking boss, I throttle punk Moffs and chop my own son's hand off. I am one bad dude, I got style. Let's colour this **** up.'' but everyone laughed at him with his pink cloak so he toned it down a bit and decided red eyes are the way to go.

And now you know.

3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I think the lenses are red because that's how they were originally planned to be. I believe the ANH novelization describes the ANH lenses as red. You can even still see a very slight red tint in the lenses in direct light scenes of ANH:
    [​IMG]

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This page:

http://starwarshelmets.com/Original-Darth-Vader-Helmets.htm

also notes that there's much more of a "widow's peak" in ANH than in TESB and ROTJ - as well as other more subtle differences.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    So it does. The later helmets seem to be more rounded at the widows peak in stead of a sharp angle.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He still kept his pink saber though.

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    And knowing is half the battle... ;)

8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The other half is running like heck. You don't mess with Vader. And you never, ever ask him has he done something to his helmet, it looks kind of different...? That kind of comment makes him angry.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That kind of comment makes you dead.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The budget and process of mold making and artists also explain the different looks of Vader in the movies.

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The masks were also purposefully asymmetrical, a detail that got lost in the ROTS-mask. Just one more reason why it is my least favourite Vader movie look.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  12. AllAboutThatMace

AllAboutThatMace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    So now that we've actually seen Vader in action on Rebels, what did everyone think of how they handled him? And what role do you expect him to play in the rest of the season?

Personally, I thought they captured him pretty brilliantly. The sheer fear he inspires in everyone from other Imperials to the Rebels themselves, and his ruthlessness in burning Tarkintown and arranging Tua's assassination, all sent a message loud and clear that this is NOT a guy to mess with, even before we saw him in action...and then once he did join the fight directly, he totally wrecked the rebels. It was abduntantly clear that Kanan and Ezra--really, the entire Ghost crew--didn't have a chance against him, and if he hadn't been letting them escape so he could track them (callback to his plan in ANH) he likely would have killed them right there without trouble. Instead, we got to see him personally take on the entire rebel fleet and annihilate them--it was like how the good guys usually deal with masses of TIE fighters, only in this case the rebels were the ones looking totally outmatched despite superior numbers.

(I did think it was kinda funny that both the Star Wars comic and Rebels have now had scenes of Vader using the force to lift a walker.)

I'm very curious what role he'll play in this season. The fact that he dispatched an Inquisitor to chase them indicates he may be assigned to guard Lothal, at least for now (my personal guess is that Lothal is where they're mining key materials for the death star and thats why the emperor sees it as so critical)...but I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see him back on the hunt for Ahsoka now that he knows "the apprentice lives"

BigAl6ft6, moonjump05 and jakobitis89 like this.
  13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He and Kallus also seem to work very well together, which is interesting.

Winston_Sith likes this.
  14. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

The pink cloak was to show his love for commander larkin but she turned out to be married
    [​IMG]
    So back to black.

Image from fan film darth vader in love.

Redimet, jakobitis89 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Tua all but confirms that there are giant kiaber crystals on lethal for the laser.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I imagine they will come up with a reason why his suit appears more used in Rebels to explain this look in ANH. Not that we needed it, but okay.

17. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007

Quoting myself here because I still think it's a valid point. If anyone were to watch the Star Wars universe chronologically, they'd have gone from the tragic Vader at the end of Sith to the unforgiving Dark Lord of the Sith in "Siege of Lothal". Badass, Jedi hunting Vader is what everyone, myself included, has wanted to see for years and years. But I hope we also see touches, however few, of the light of Anakin Skywalker. That light Padme and Obi-Wan were begging to in what is, chronologically, the most recent film, and the light Luke eventually dug out years later.

As of right now until we get more into Season 2, there's no transition from the tragic, fallen Anakin-Vader who was screaming at Padme's death in ROTS, to the cold, tactical Vader that was chronologically met for the very first time in "Siege of Lothal".

18. Darth Amr

Darth Amr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    Darth Vader should be a ruthless machine. Dude cut his own son's hand off without any remorse. Fought a death match with his master (who was like a father to him then killed him) killed his colleagues and younglings...

19. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    We need to see what motivates and keeps Darth Vader loyal to the Emperor. I don't really think he remains the apprentice of Darth Sidious simply out of devotion for his master, he fears the consequences of disobedience namely through torture and death brought by Palpatine. If Sidious can reach through the Force and nearly kill Dooku with a choke in TCW, imagine how easy it is to do to Darth Vader.

We need to see how Darth Vader lives other than just serving on a ship the whole time. What about his palace and living quarters?

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The motivation of Vader should be the same that was given to him in Tarkin and LotS. He truly believes that the Empire is the best alternative (especially compared to the weak Republic) and that there would be chaos without it. He also firmly believes the strong shall rule the weak because that is the only way order is preserved. He is completely willing to accept tyranny if it leads to order.

BigAl6ft6 and DarthBane93 like this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Darth_Pevra
    Vader wants to "end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy" . On the RotS commentary Lucas mentions that him and Obi-wan are essentially fighting over the same thing, they just disagree with the way to do it.
    Let's not forget Vader also want's to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy himself. He just knows he's no match for Palpatine.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    His anger against Palpatine only developed after ANH, before he was a loyal follower of Palpatine. I am wondering if Palpatine taught him politics and diplomacy because those are skills Vader would need if he's supposed to follow Palpatine on the throne.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Not sure on that "I am becoming more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him, then you and I can rule the galaxy, make things the way we want them to be"
    Sounds like he has always had that on his mind, whether ruling the galaxy as Husband and Wife or Father and son, hell even Father and Daughter "If you will not turn to the darkside then perhaps she will" but once he ended up in the suit he was just a broken shell. He originally saw Luke as the person who could destroy Palpatine for him. Luke was what Anakin could have been albeit if he had not been sliced and burned.

@redlightning He pretty much lives in his breathing pod, which is the only place he can live/breathe without his mask.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, it seems this bit of complete darkside lunacy ended when he was put in the suit, if you believe the official canon. A man without any political acumen and connections could never rule the whole galaxy anyways.

Btw., I recommend both books, there's some great stuff in them and they are written for a more adult audience.

I can only reiterate that in the new canon Vader in suit doesn't desire to overthrow Palpatine until after ANH, he is in awe of his master and adores him. Only occasionally his sithly, competitive and greedy side takes over, but even then it is just stray thoughts about how the galaxy would be with him as leader, never anything serious. He plays the role of the son to Sidious' father and the son eventually becomes rebellious.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed.

The new canon pretty much is clear on that point. The discover of a) Luke and b)
    Sidious possible replacements
    suddenly influenced Vader to attempt to overthrow the Emperor.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Pevra like this.