main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The Emperor wants to use what he can to entice her over to the Dark Side. She would at minimum make an excellent inquisitor with knowledge of the Jedi. My guess is that Vader will use their common discord for the old Jedi as a way to convince her that she can now be part of a much better system under the Empire. They can work together to make her the Force user she never was because of the Jedi's treatment of her. They both were tossed around by the old order. They can be the team they once were during the Clone Wars again if he joins her. That's what he may use to entice her with.

The Emperor will hope to use her to exploit any connections to former Jedi she would have.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Sheev is hoping Ahsoka is aware of other Jedi, or in close contact with them. TBH, I doubt she it.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think the emperor wants to get every information she knows about other Jedi, if she does, and then get rid of her to avoid another Maul-Savage scenario. Vader is obsessed to know where Obi-wan is hiding to finally have his revenge over what happened on Mustafar. I want to know if he will know about Rex because of Ahsoka and the Ghost crew and what will be his reaction.

4. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Is it just a trick of the animation or is Vader taller in Rebels than in the OT?

5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I think they made his model a bit too tall. Kanan is supposed to be 191cm, but somehow he looks 30cm shorter next to Vader.

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    He is taller than Kanan but it doesn't really bother me that much.

jc1138 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader was on elevated platform for the first half of the fight.

8. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    It's great that they're recording him for Rebels now and hopefully they get more Vader voicing from him in years to come but whenever I realize he's been alive all this time I think not only do I hope we get a vision of Vader with the voice in Episode 8 or 9 but I wish he'd been paid to be in a recording booth all this time these last few decades just recording Vader dialogue from comics and novels. Lucasfilm would just have it in a vault for the rest of time to be used whenever needed....*sigh*

jc1138 likes this.
  9. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I think I read at one time that George has a big database of him saying every word they could ever need, I wonder if that still exists.

Tanjint likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I also remember reading this so they probably have a lot of words from JEJ.

Tanjint likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It's a nice thought, although truth be told JEJ isn't that irreplacable. There are various people who can do good Vaders.

The guy who did Vader's lines in TIE Fighter was pretty good:

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Tanjint We don't do threads lamenting the fact that some of the actors are old and could die soon. :p Besides which, it fits perfectly in this thread here. :)

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If we did we would have a lot of those threads.

Man that's sad to think about.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  14. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    You may be cool, but you will never be Darth Vader descending on a TIE Advanced with a red lightsaber cool.
    [​IMG]

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think that sequence will be a force vision which will entice Ezra to go down a darker path to gain the power to fight against Vader. Ezra and force Vader will have a duel, but unlike Luke's vision on Dagobah, Ezra will get his butt handed to him - leaving Ezra very afraid.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I think it's a Force vision too.
    If not, we're about to witness the most coolest scene. Ever.

17. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It would be a crime if that scene wasn't real.

TBH, I think Rebels has displayed Vader to be more badass than the OT did.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Disney seems WELL AWARE of Vader's popularity/iconic nature, and are bound and determined to treat him with respect. It's also why I think that he most likely IS going to be in RO in some capacity.

jc1138 and La Calavera like this.
  19. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I hope that's not a vision.

I wonder if we’ll get to see Vader doing more in this mid-season than just fighting Ahsoka and making badass entrances.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    No. He is protected. Dave doesn't want him used too much or being seen as 'losing' on screen.

jc1138 likes this.
  21. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I wasn't talking about another Vader vs Ghost crew confrontation. There are Jedi temple guards and failed Inquisitors/Imperials that Vader could deal with.

22. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    But outside of Palpatine himself and possibly Maul... there's no-one around who can pose a threat to Vader in a fight. While Vader effortlessly chewing up everything thrown at him without breaking stride was great fun the first time it would get old quite fast. And given how dominant he is it would be a stretch for some no-name faceless guard to slow him down much, if at all.

Personally I want to see Vader the plotter and schemer instead of Vader the Meat Grinder. The Marvel series shows there is definitely some wiles left underneath the rage, be interesting to see him advance his own agenda instead of/as well as Palpatine's...

La Calavera likes this.
  23. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I often see people saying that Rebels Vader sounds nothing like OT Vader, despite both being James Earl Jones.

I'm listening to samples from both and I seriously cannot hear the problem.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

The show isn't about Darth Vader.

25. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    What does that has to do with the discussion?

It would be logical from a narrative standpoint to have Vader eliminating Jedi temple guards after they served their purpose in the story, lest we have even more Jedi running around during ANH. Or Vader force chocking Inquisitors just for being bad villains; then we could get actually more efficient replacements for the heroes, because I’m not seeing the writers allowing their morally perfect heroes to blatantly kill them. Which is why I was wondering if they were going to use him for that.

jakobitis89 likes this.