main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They could bring other Jedi Masters into Rebels....just for Vader to have people to kill.

La Calavera and Dinos4Ever like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Read the interview with Filoni before the premier aired. Explains perfectly well why we rarely see Vader.

3. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Mace Windu: "LOOK WHOSE BACK, BITC-" *Skewered by Vader* - "Darn it."

4. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    I really don't want to take anything away from anyone that's put in vocal talent, or from this poster, for that matter, but whenever I hear someone besides James Earl Jones do Vader's voice, be it the Radio Dramatizations, various video games, or what have you, I think of how, well, unique JEJ's voice is and how no one else does it justice. Of course, other opinions may vary.

With other crux characters with particular voices (including Yoda, Guiness's Obi-Wan) we've had some, IMO very good vocal work done. While I do prefer Oz, I can see a future with Tom Kane or others picking up on Yoda, and I am really impressed by James Arnold Taylor (and now MacGreggor's) vocal work as Obi-Wan.

5. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    I have seen some tacky threads about the actors of the saga aging and I really didn't mean to make one that resembled those at all. I was just saying it seems like an underutilized resource. And I don't so much want to see him all the time as I want to know that we never missed out on a great Vader story because they didn't have the audio files from JEJ.

Excited to hear that such a database was even rumored. Also agree that the guy who did his voice in that Tie Fighter clip did a good job.

6. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Come to think of it...isn't Rebels the first show to introduce Vader in the animated department of Star Wars? I don't think I can think of another Star Wars animated show that had Vader in it.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Exclude prophecies from the original Clone Wars and TCW, then yes.

MandoArtist likes this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope what happens on that strange planet is not a vision, I want to see Vader literally destroy Ezra for real damn it!

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Nop, Ezra is too cute to die.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The main protagonist will not die two seasons in. Ezra will be there until the end.

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I know he won't die but just a little beating after he accomplished all those missions so easily.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But the Malroons were not an easy feet.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Holiday Special was his first (though brief) animated appearance.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Ezra doesn't have to die for Vader to defeat him. A severe injury and possibly losing one of the ghost crew might be enough to convince him that the dark side is more powerful and push him towards that path. Especially if Kanan were to die at Vader's hands.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So, what are the chances to hear another conversation with the emperor in the last episode of this season to mirror the beginning?

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Erm, maybe. Depends on what happens i.e Ahsoka dies. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Vader's last major appearance in Rebels.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love if Vader has Noghri Death Commandos serving him.

MandaloreRex2015 and Knight Wolf like this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I would like more of Vader's Fist just like that guy in the comic, that would be neat.

19. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Ya know Vader:vader: has a little something in common with Magneto from X-MEN! They BOTH are like unstoppable evil beings not matter what the odds!

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And they both have that in common with my ex. [face_skull]

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So, what are the chances for us to see a Maul/Vader confrontation in the show?

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Give the nature of the show and the theme is always from the rebels perspective, I don't think they're gonna do it. Maul and Vader would be saved for a spin off movie. That fight would = $$$$$$$

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    We could say the same thing for the Vader/Ahsoka confrontation, how is that important for the story of the Ghost crew?

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    She's a rebel agent.

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm talking more about the confrontation than her presence in the show.