main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Allow me to calmly and politely issue a statement of support for this decis-

Ah, screw it.

CRUSH THE REBEL SCUM IN THE NAME OF THE EMPIRE!!!

2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I mean, this is a proper space battle. This is going to have an article on Wookieepedia titled "Battle of Mustafar". This is legit.

3. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think Kanan's going to kick the bucket this season. Freddie Prinze Jr. has said he was recording for the second season...

...unless he becomes a Force ghost like Obi-Wan. But that's unlikely since he hasn't been established as a disciple of the Five Priestesses.

However, if Mr. Quis dies, I see two ways for him dying. 1) Vader kills him. 2) He falls in lava (it is Mustafar after all).

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Eh. I have mixed feelings about killing the Inquisitor off. I kind of suspected when the series first started that he and/or Kanan would die in the first season. But honestly, I had hoped that they'd do more with the Inquisitor. They never really developed him. He had a cool design and was voiced by a great actor, but the character just never was written that well. Other villains in Star Wars all have history with the heroes

Luke - Believes Vader killed his father, only to find out that Vader is his father.
    Obi-Wan - Witnessed Maul kill Qui-Gon, then believed himself to have killed Maul. Tensions are naturally high when Maul turns up alive and wants revenge; Dooku was the one that instructed Obi-Wan's master.
    Anakin - Dooku cut off Anakin's arm; tried to have him along with his friends executed; captured Palpatine whom Anakin believed to be his friend.
    Kanan - ...His nemesis is just some guy that wants to kill him because it's his job. Nothing particularly interesting has spiraled out of that yet.

Granted they could just play the Vader card and trump the Inquisitor, but both he and Kallus just seem like they're getting trumped by Vader and Tarkin too soon, when they haven't really gotten to do anything interesting. I'd rather see the Inquisitor kill Kanan and then have an interesting dynamic spin out of that between the Inquisitor and Ezra.

Filoni even threw the idea of there being Jedi that fell to the Dark Side in exchange for Palpatine sparing their lives, but said he's not done anything with that idea yet. But that seems like a perfectly interesting backstory for the Inquisitor. Say he was a Jedi that knew Depa Billaba personally, but was a coward and gave up on the Jedi ideology in order to save his own skin and is now trying to kill his former comrade's apprentice. I just hope they do SOMETHING to make him a more interesting villain, rather than throwing him out at the end of the first season.

But it was mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another thread, that since Rebels was not renewed for a second season until after these stories were already written, there would have been pressure to make Season 1 a somewhat self-contained story in the event that the show wasn't renewed. Thus, bringing Tarkin and Vader into the picture, having a space battle over Mustafar, and [possibly] killing the Inquisitor off could all be used to show the creation of the Rebel Alliance as sort of a bookend for the series, had it ended after one season, but still allowing room to continue, if it had been renewed for a second (and it was). Fulcrum is presumably present, and the very definition of the word "fulcrum" implies that she is the glue that is going to unite the Rebel Alliance that Tarkin previously mentioned were not organized.

5. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    It's not like Clone Wars was artistically consistent with their designs vs the films.

[​IMG]

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    As long as he still looks like Vader, then I'm fine with a few tweaks here and there. Heck his helmet in ANH clearly wasn't the one from the other two films.

7. Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2014
    Yep. It's simply the stylized nature of the art in Rebels, they're not changing Darth-Vader's design as it stands in the canon.

8. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    His helmet seems different.

This part ;
    [​IMG]

9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Goodbye, Inquisitor.

Your legacy was being a road bump for the OT characters and some Clone Wars artifacts to be introduced.

You will uh...not really be missed.

10. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

It's just the art style, you're not meant to take how they look too literally. It's like asking why Obi-Wan's beard suddenly became a knife during the Clone Wars and then became fuzzy again in Revenge of the Sith.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    His chest box colors and shapes do not appear to match the ROTS/ANH appearance either.

[​IMG]

Filoni may envision Vader to be sorta like Grievous (or even Rupert Kroenen of Hellboy) , having many different sets of armor and masks

Redimet and Darth_Pevra like this.
  12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It's kind of an odd thing to think about, but I'd imagine he wasn't in the exact same suit for 23 years. It's Anakin... the technology whiz. Even if it was the same suit, he could be modifying it or replacing bits as they get damaged or worn out. There are changes between the films themselves, so I don't see what difference yet another change makes.

13. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

There is a lot of Ralph McQuarrie concept design influence from the 1970's and 1980's in the Rebels series. This is meant to be reminiscent of that. Here (in Rebels), Darth Vader is designed to be a cross between (mostly) the classic Vader from the original films and (partially) the Ralph McQuarrie original concept designs for him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Vader's cape is attached to his helmet in Rebels? that's so weird...

Seeker Of The Whills and Kentoa like this.
  15. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    That's the only thing I don't like. Give Vader his damn cape chain.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If Vader offs the Inquisitor, then it just proves they put in a garbage villain and were completely okay with him dominating almost an entire season. I at least want to believe that they at least try to make him into a decent villain.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    He´s going to relinquish happy memories from Mustafar.

18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    At this point this is how I see things. Based on the screen shot someone posted here in the thread, I see him falling by Kanan's hand once he takes his rage and focuses it towards the Inquisitor. In one of the trailers we see Kanan duel wielding lightsabers against the Inquisitor. I see Vader arriving with a new Inquisitor in the finale, and to direct things in more of an oversight role similar to Tarkin who arrives after most of the heavy lifting is done.

19. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I'd rather they have a garbage villain who gets offed after one season than have a garbage villain who keeps getting beat by a rag tag group of rebels but never faces any consequences for his failures.

If he is killed off, he will have served his purpose - to develop the main characters of Kanan and Ezra. At the beginning of the season Kanan was completely outmatched and Ezra wouldn't have dared to face the Inquisitor. When Kanan was captured a couple weeks ago the Inquisitor himself noted Kanan's improvement. Ezra had a vision of facing the Inquisitor in the temple. If in the finale Ezra faces him and survives, and if Kanan defeats him, then the Inquisitor will have been the perfect foil to show us how much they have both grown.

And after failing AGAIN, Vader should take him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer likes this.
  20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Having the Inquisitor die only for Kanan to be captured by Vader, turned and recruited as a new Inquisitor could also be fun. Vader tries to turn one of the Rebels to his side hoping for valuable information, but Hera has confirmed that Kanan doesn't know anything.

[face_whistling]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

This would extend the war longer then it was in the EU I like it.

Mmmmm Napalm likes this.
  22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Commence five years of no victories :p

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Lets go lose.

CoolyFett, Redimet and Mmmmm Napalm like this.
  24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Two CR90s with blue detailing on them:

[​IMG]

Fulcrum's ship from Gathering Forces had this general color scheme:

[​IMG]

Bail Organa's ship, the Sundered Heart, also had similar blue detailing, however, it wasn't exactly the same class of ship, being a CR70 with somewhat different lines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supposedly Bail is to reappear in the show soon too... I'd just about bet that whoever Fulcrum is, they are heavily involved with Bail Organa.

25. Kentoa

Oct 2, 2014
    There is 3 blue CR90s in the second trailer all in one shot.

jabberwalkie likes this.