main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    But I don't think we will see the inquisitor piloting it imo.

2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Inquisitor Barris is top of my wanted list!

Lady_Misty likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    At this point, Vader would be just as likely to kill Tarkin along with the Inquisitor though, as it looks like they were poorly protected and lost yet again. Vader showing up could be simply to assess the situation now that two Jedi were able to do this much damage plus an organized Rebel military force successfully attacked a supposedly impregnable Imperial facility and one with symbolic significance. However Fulcrum stepping into the light could be dangerous but really the Rebel Alliance has to step up at some point, it may as well be now thinking.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I would prefer
    Zare's sister.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Me too. And maybe she's completely behind what the Empire does and everything. The perfect Inquisitor.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If another Inquisitor replaces The Inquisitor, it should be someone with a higher rank.

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It should be a named character from TCW. It could even be one of the younglings from the show.

Darth Blade likes this.
  8. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Yep. Based on the setup of Vader saying the Emperor wants to go after the "children of the force", and us knowing that the empire is identifying force sensitive young people, the next inquisitor should be someone who was a known character - who was a force sensitive young person from TCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If Vader and Tarkin appear together, I hope they remember that, at least at this point in time, Tarkin ranks Vader. (Remember Tarkin ordering Vader to stop Force-choking Motti, and Vader complying with an "As you wish").

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They are equals in the Tarkin novel.

11. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    All the Jedi younglings were killed. Palpy's looking for new "children of the Force", aka. Force-sensitives not trained in the Jedi way, like Ezra. Otherwise he would've said "Jedi kids".

12. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    heels1785 and Mmmmm Napalm like this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    In Harry Potter, Lucius Malfoy (Isaacs) was a big bad until Voldemort showed up and made him **** his pompous aristocratic pants.

Maybe they're going for something similar here. Except here maybe he actually dies...

14. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I always thought Lucius was much cooler than Voldemort, mostly because of his awesome wand cane.

At least Lucius developed as character (avoiding spoilers), the Inquisitor hasn't had any chance to do so. Of course, his dying in the show won't stop them from revealing his past in a flashback/comic/novel. I'd watch/read that!

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I was thinking more like Admiral Zhao in Season 1 of Avatar being replaced by Azula in Season 2. Especially because Zhao was also Jason Isaacs. (And that episode was directed by Dave Filoni.)

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I always suspected the Inquisitor was just a filler, regardless of what the team said.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the Inquisitor dies, might Vader take his TIE Advanced, hence Vader having a TIE Advanced in ANH?

18. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Jason Isaacs is cool, but the Inquistor is pretty bland in my opinion. The guy just looks and sounds so bored in every scene he's in. He doesn't have any chemistry with the heroes or other villains either.

TaradosGon likes this.
  19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

They're not the same type of ship:

Vader's TIE Advanced x1

[​IMG]

Inquisitor's TIE Advanced

[​IMG]

Vader's has a more elongated and robust body and more rectangular wing panels.

20. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    If the Inquisitor is killed maybe Palpatine sends one of his Dark Hands or other Force related assassins to infiltrate the Rebel Alliance instead. Mara Jade could be introduced this way.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    psst....the EU is dead. And so are the characters.

Lady_Misty and Marco1907 like this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU is also a massive resource, which Rebels has already been doing a little mining of.

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    But some of the writers are EU fans, so it is not impossible we are going to see Mara, Thrawn and company very soon.

24. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Palpatine can't directly use Force users by himself, that would be the violation the of rule of two, that is why Inquisitor taking orders from Vader not Emperor, if Emperor uses the force users directly by himself that means that force user has the same rights as Darth Vader which is why that should be a violation and Mara Jade character created before Episode I iirc, where Lucas introduced us that the rule of two.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The rule of two only applies to Sith. People with the title "Darth" in front of their name.

Any other Force user can embrace the Dark Side, and serve the Sith or work for the empire that is run by the Sith, but they aren't Sith, themselves.