main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON ***Official Date And Time Schedule For The YJN/Toronto Street Hockey And Playdium***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Ok...here is all the info you need.

Event: Y.J.N. VS. Toronto Street Hockey Game and Playdium
    Date: February 2nd, 2002
    Place: Square One and Playdium Mississauga
    Price: $25.00 for Playdium + food + any donation to the ?Jar Jar? (gas money will come from that)
    Time: Our Time Schedule will be as follows...

- We will meet at the Downtown St. Catharines Library at 3:30pm ("bus" leaves at 3:45pm, sharp)
    - We will arrive at Square One approx. some time after 5:00pm
    - Those who want to look thru the mall may do so till the mall closes at 6:00pm
    - At 6:30pm we will meet our sister FanForce Chapter for a friendly dinner at Burger King (located on the South-East side of the mall)
    - After dinner, being friendly is over. "GAME ON" We will be heading out to the North lot to clean the parking lot with their sorry butts.
    - Once we have fully humiliated them (which shouldn't be hard), and if there is any time left before 10:00pm, we will head over to Chapters to warm ourselves and get some coffee at Starbucks.
    - 10:00pm till 2:00am at Playdium
    - We should arrive back at St. Catharines around 3:30ish am

For those that have any specific questions please send me an email or a Private Message.

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    No questions.

Nobody needs to question the fact that YJN will triumph over our little "friends". [face_laugh]

Well, actually there is one thing. I have these CD's full of Star Wars techno/hip hop/all that stuff remix music. Do you want to have music to play between faceoffs? :p

3. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Thanks Chris!!

4. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    yeah thanx chris.
    I was gonna say, how do you get to that library? but I can probably just go with stef (I think she's going....)

5. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Ok, about the important matter: :D

Again, who is going to be playing in the hockey game, and if you are, do you have a stick?

Jason, you said you were gonna play goalie, do you have some goalie equipment?

Laurie gave me a good idea. Our whole team should wear our YJN T-shirts over a sweater or whatever, just so we look more like a team :)

6. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I'm guessing that the "bus" you are referring to will be more of a "convoy".

How many vehicles are actually going on this trip....and who has extra seats available????
    We should figure this out pretty soon!!!

My van holds 7...I will have 4 extra seats.
    I shall be holding interviews for these positions......I only travel with the best!!! ;)

(I also have a roof rack.....could fit 1 or 2 obnoxious people up there....L [face_laugh] L)

7. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, as far as hockey, I have a stick. So does my dad, and he wants to play. He's pretty good. As for driving, Mort (my father) is driving me, Nick and Graeme.

8. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    Ok, I'm gonna need a stick.
    And, I don't have a t-shirt....:_|
    maybe.....someone will make me one. lol
    Well, if I can't get one, oh well.

And as for driving, I obviously will need to go with someone. I don't know if there will be room in Mitch's car (I haven't asked him yet) but if I don't go with him, then I don't care who I go with.

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Mal,

Our Y.J.N. shirts can be bought $10.00. I have some still at the house. Do you have a size preference?

Do you know if you will be able to get dropped of at the library on game day? It will make for a faster trip over if we don't have to make stops along the way.

(We will find a spot for everyone in the cars that are going.)

10. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    well...moms car has 5 seats.... but i doubt were meeting you at the library...seeing missasauga is closer to lakefield...lol,

11. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Since Mal was asking about the t-shirts (and bought one), I'll let everyone else know too....

I still have these sizes and colors in stock:

1 Gray XXL
    6 Gray XL
    12 White XL
    1 Small

Price: $10.00 each
    (Cost of t-shirts = $6.50 each, the rest of the $10.00 is donated to charity)

12. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I would love to play goal Graeme. I use to play a lot a few years ago. I have most of the equipment still, except for the goalie pads, and the chest protector. If anyone can come up with any ideas or has something they can lend me for the game I would love to play. They will have to be really good to beat this Sith Lord! LOL
    If no one has anything to lend me I will check out Play It Again Sports. Thats if you guys want me to play goal. Let me know soon so I can get the equipment together.

13. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    awwwww I wanted to play goal. lol. Well, seeing as how that's like the only thing I can play kinda good, that's why I wanted to play goal. (Actually, I just don't like all the running around that the other players have to do. lol). Plus, I've always been goalie. In school, it's all I would play. I wouldn't want to play anything else. I wouldn't let anyone else play goal. lol.
    But, if Jay wants to play (plus he's got the gear) then he can. I'll just put up with running around. lol.

14. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    aww, poor mal. ill i know how to play is field hockey. i used to play with my bros, and some street hockey, ansd i watch it, but the skating part scared me, lol

15. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Wait... If Jay doesn't have the pads, or the chest protector... what do you have? A cup?

16. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Not a cup......a codpiece!!!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Last night I got a real sweet road hockey stick. It's good because all my wooden road hockey sticks are split in two.

Speaking of equipment, are we gonna use a tennis ball or plastic puck of some kind?

18. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    Arg, I hate parents sometimes!
    I now have to work on my dad to let me go. I told him about it yesterday and he's like "You are not going to be in toronto at 2 in the morning!" I don't see a problem with it seeing as how I probably won't be alone at all (unless I have to go to the washroom! lol). Plus it's not like we're hanging out somewhere where we could get mugged! (Plus there's the whole TONS of PEOPLE that I'm going to be with!).
    Sorry, I'm just mad cuz he said I can't go, and there's some other stuff I'm trying to get through right now that I don't want to get into, and the stress of exams!
    So, that's all for now!

19. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Just thought I'd point out, it's in Mississauga, not Toronto. It's equivelent to being at the Penn Center at 2am in terms of risk factor.

20. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    I know it's missisagua, but my parents are stupid and they think I'm still a little girl. (They probably would have let my older sister go when she was 16, then again she probably would have gone no matter what. lol)
    like I said, I'll have to work on my dad. He's the one I have to convince to let me go.

21. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/evilplan.jpg]

Heh, heh, too bad. One less sorry little lily white butt to whip. ;)
    We will try not to make you cry.

22. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    HEY!
    I didn't say I WON'T be coming, yet!
    Plus, we'll be whoppin' your butts! :p

23. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    umm....I'd rather whoop their butts rather than whopp them....somehow that sounds......dirty

24. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    So NOW we have an official YJN club WHOPPER.....

to go along with the stroker, and the pumper ........L [face_laugh] L

25. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm with Mallory, my parents are still not sure, I almost Have my dad on my side, Its is really my mom I have to work on.

Only one more month and I really don't need there permission at all, I will 18 and legally an adult.

I'll let you know as soon as get the good word on wether I can go or not. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.