main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Daytona FF Name

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Now that we're official, we can put this off no longer. We need a name!!!

We discussed this briefly at our meeting and here's the rough ideas that we came up with:

Jedi Stafighters

Something podracing related

Something related to speederbikes

Something related to swoop racing

Something Jedi-ish

If only we were a bit farther south, we could be the swamp Jedi or something.

Any more ideas?
    I'm hoping to be able to vote on this at our next meeting which should be sometime after Spring Break- so we have over a week to brainstorm.

Let the creativity flow!!! :)

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    The Jedi Swoopers!

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh come on guys, I know there have to be some people out there! If no one else thinks of anything I am going to officially change my vore to the Daytona Beach Cheese Herders!

4. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    My comments on comments, as it were:

>>Jedi Stafighters
    Something podracing related
    Something related to speederbikes
    Something related to swoop racing
    Something Jedi-ish<<

Well, between Race Week and Bike Week, I'd say you have the right idea. However, to be honest - I'd rather not go the way of the Jedi when it comes to names. Too easy... too cliche, too overdone. We'd want something that stands out.

DB Swoop Brigade, DB Speeder Station, or something race-oriented might work. It's late as I write this, so I haven't given any real juice to the thought, but figured I'd throw this out there.

Every club goes for Jedis. A bathrobe and a flashlight and you're good to go. We could be Force Mechanics, or Swoop Mechanics, or dozens of other twists on a theme.

I'd better go before anyone thinks these are the best ideas I have!

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, but the Jedi are so cool! I'd like to go for some kind of Jedi Academy theme, but that's just the opinion of a kid at his comp wishin' the clouds away...

But being a mechanic and racing fan I kinda like Swoop Mechanics. You could mix that in with a Jedi theme and have something like the Toche Jedi? Maybe the Force Racers? Then again, having seen a lot of things this week I would rather forget, I'm thinking Daytona Eisley, The South East's Wretched Hive of Scum and Biker Chicks. :p

6. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    I know Jedi are cool, but so was Han Solo - in fact, cooler than most Jedi we've seen in the prequels. So we could be smugglers, bounty hunters, pilots...

Why not work on a pilot theme (which sort of covers both swoops and pods)? I would just hate to see us go with something "Jedi" and be just like every other group out there.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm cool with piloting, racing, and just going fast in general :) I know there are a few people that really want a Jedi theme. This is where the wonderfulness of Democracy comes in :)

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I am personally partial to a name that incorporates both Jedi and racing. I'm sitting here with Commander Clone and he says the same (we're on vacation and have limited computer access).

As far as a Jedi name being too cliche, I looked through all of the boards in the Southern Regions and only four FanForce groups have anything Force, Sith, or Jedi related and only one of those actually uses the name "Jedi". If anything else, the majority of groups call themselves some sort of "squadron" or "rebels" or something. I don't think that having a Jedi name will make us "just like every other group out there".

9. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Reading through the other fourms names is always amusing. Here are a few samples of what I feel is a good name... Philly Outer Rim, Outlander's Haven, Orlando System, Nashville After Darth, R2-Detroit, Jedi Knights Of Columbus, and The Milwookiee Council.

I feel that all of these names have merit on the fact that they're multi-purpose names that are not only humorus, but say a little bit about the groups mental state, and of course incorporate Star Wars.

Meself, I can't think of anything of the top of my head right now. I guess sitting through a marathon of the films would help.

Even though this is the "Birth Place Of Speed", I don't feel that the name should totally reley on that fact. Take Orlando for instance. They just tweaked the name into some dialogue of the film. I guess the possibilities are limitless.

See you guys on Sunday.

Later

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well we have speed, aviation, and the beach. What about the Daytona Beach Jedi Gone Wild??? sorry, had to throw it out there. [face_blush]

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, this just popped up out of nowhere, but what about something like the Daytona Beach Shipyards? or asteroid belt or something like that? Not so much a group as it is a place.

Hmmmm, the DB Podracing Arena? Swoop Racing Arena.

Oooo, this one is just goofy, Daytonooine!

Daytona Beach Death Stars/Star Destroyers? Geez, that sounds like a AAA baseball team :p

I dunno, I've been looking into designing a GA Thrawn uniform, so I'm on this huge Imperial kick right now, thanks to the latest SW Insider ;)

The DB Smuggler's Run

The Daytona Fleet

The Daytona Beach Trooper Academy

The Daytona Beach Jedi Academy

The Daytona Beach Bounty Hunters

The Daytona Beach Clone Facilities

Mos Daytona would fit with the Tatooine theme that started in the other thread

Ok, enough thinking for me, I'm still on vacation! See ya'll tomorrow :)

12. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Somebody had to post it here, but no one did!

Hooray for our new name! The Daytona Beachtroopers!

Being a trooper myself, I am all in favor of the new name. I envision our logo being a stormtrooper with a surfboard logo behind it or something.

Now we can make our banner too!

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I know this really isn't in Daytona, but how awesome would it be to have Jack suit up and get some pics down at Ron Jon's! That would be killer.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I just wanted to say that I really really like your chapter name. I think it fits perfectly. :)

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting a logo up. A surfing trooper just sounds like so much fun!

Q- When did Jack want to do some posing? We should probably get on that.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I e-mailed him to see, so I should be getting a response back soon, of he could just get on the boards and post himself! *hint*

Does anyone here have a digital camera? I have a digital camcorder, but only takes stills in 1 megapixle. It's fine for internet stuff, but if we ever wanted to do banners or T-shirts we would need a high quality pic.

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I have access to a digital camera.

I also wanted to try my hand at drawing a logo. I think something that looks more like a graphic might look better than a photograph that has been edited. I wanted to base my drawing off of the pictures we take of Jack, though.

18. Lady_Eldaelen

Lady_Eldaelen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    I was also trying my hand at a drawn picture, however, it would be easier if there was some real "still life" shots to look at...

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It wouldn't mean 'Lady Star Shadow' would it?? I'm Veryaer Aldaormota :D I know it's a mouthful, but it just sounds so cool!

Anyway, I was thinking of taking the picture and repainting it over in photoshop. It looks like we have some people with different ideas, which is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.