main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Teenage Mormon Ninja Vampires: Twilight Movie Thread - Now onto Breaking Dawn pt. 2!

Discussion in 'Community' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 28, 2008.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Apparently so, since she'll also be mentally 25.

2. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I went to see this (having only seen 1.5 of the previous ones and read about 30 pages of the first book) because at some point last week my friends sent me an email that said "we just bought you a ticket for Breaking Dawn next Saturday!"

Anyway, it was extremely entertaining and there were LOTS of laughs in the theater (going to a theater with age restrictions that serves booze was a good choice) but the biggest one was right at the beginning, in response to the line delivered by Bella to Jacob: "Since when do you care about Renesme?"

3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Went with my girlfriend to see it. Perhaps the better title would be "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Breaks Down".

Okay..so there's all this buildup with the Michael Sheen vampire, how he's determined to kill the Superbaby no matter what.....and they have this big epic battle to save the kid, with body parts flying everywhere in a crazy display that blows Attack of the Clones' Gladiator Jedi sequence way out of the water....
    And then we find out it's just a premonition.

And not only is it a premonition....but the evil vampire who was out to kill the baby NO MATTER WHAT....just GIVES UP?

WHAT THE HOLY **** WAS THAT?

Did that actually happen in the books, or did the cast and crew decide to just quit caring and extend a bit rigid middle finger to the audience?

Could we have at least gotten Rick Astley playing over the credits?

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Spoilers, and stuff.

5. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    That's called severe autism....and would technically be rape.

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Actually it was worse in the book because there was no epic fight scene like one was hoping for when you read it. At least the movie gave us the epic fight scene and then stayed true to the story by saying it was just one of Alice's visions. In the book and someone correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly, but Bella basically learns to shield everyone and the vampires realize they can't fight them.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    I still say it's bullcrap from a storytelling standpoint. They were setting up this final confrontation since the end of Eclipse(?) when Dakota Fanning proved how nasty her group was by brutally murdering the scared little vampire girl at the end, despite Dr. Cullen saying they were going to protect her and keep her from being a monster.
    They had three movies building up to this one climactic battle....and...THIS HAPPENS

It would be like watching Return of the Jedi then finding out at the end that Luke was still on Dagobah the whole time, and Yoda was just showing him a vision of how the Empire would be defeated.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I thought it a wonderful ending. Far better than the book. It gave fans a nice little shock or two and then as you're totally into the battle, a nice smack you in your face surprise. I remember lol and saying well done! For those that read the books, we knew what to expect of the end and instead of being the fastfood ending of the book, it was presented as a four course meal with dessert!

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I wasn't happy with the end of the book.

I thought it was boring. But I still disliked the movie ending because the awesomeness was jus a vision. I get why Aro walked away (he saw his own death in Alice's vision), and that was perhaps a better explination than the books.