main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official December LOTR and D & B's Meeting***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Ok, we've figured out all of the details. Here they are in a nutshell:

Meet on Saturday the 22nd at Dave and Buster's at 11 at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. We will see the 12 noon showing of Lord of the Rings and then will head to D&B's afterwards for food, drinks and much merriment at the arcade.

I HIGHLY recommend that you all get tickets online ahead of time.We'll probably want to get in line right off the bat (or earlier), because LOTR is probably going to be a lot like SW on opening weekend.

Also, I will be going on opening night with a LOTR version of FF. You are all welcome to join us. I'll repost the link later.

I'd love to see as many people as possible make this one. :D It should be a very good time!!!

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, i'm definitely going to be at the FF party on the 22nd, dont' know about the 19th, but i'll try my best. I'm not guaranteeing that i'll be there on the 22nd though, in case something happens. But i'll do my damned best. I'm looking forward to having a great time with you all :)

EDIT: So we're going to meet in front of the theater? and also, tried to get a friend to go too but he thinks the whole idea is stupid....his loss!

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The first chore is parking, but I think it might ba alright at that time of day. BTW - if you have a tall or large car, DO NOT PARK in the GARAGE!! It is a tight fit at best, and is not good for the nerves.

We can meet right out front, there is a drop off area in front (actually in back if you want to get technical) of the building (theatre side), so that shouldn't be a problem. There's also a lobby if the weather is an issue. And if this movie is anything like some of the recent big budget blockbusters, there will be a line to get in.

IF you can, I would also suggest getting your tix ahead of time using their website. That way you know you can get in. They are on sale now at www.uatc.com, the theatre is express code 529 Colorado Center Theatres.

Looking forward to some more fun,

-Jennifer

PS - OW, are we sending it into the big wigs for frontpage exposure?

4. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Can we just go down to the theater and get tickets? I don't have a CC. Maybe I can bring my ex-gf... She thinks the idea is pretty cool.

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You should be able to go the box office ahead of time and get your tix, just make sure the person behind the counter is not one of those idiot savants (someone who can recite every lyric ever written by Eminem, but can't seem to figure out that his shirt is hanging out of his fly). Check their website first though, I'd hate to make the trip to the theatre only to find out that they couldn't do it.

Good luck,

-Jennifer

6. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I think i'll just go on down there. It won't be too much trouble...it's fairly close to my place and if it doesn't work out, i'll just go to Best Buy down the street and buy another SW game for my PC lol

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Have you got Battlegrounds yet? Also, if you need some of the older titles, CompUSA has the $10-15 Classic Editions. I've had to replace a couple of my old games so that I could play them on my system (Rebel Assault, Tie Fighter & Dark Forces). My original Tie Fighter is a dozen floppies, if you can believe it).

-Jennifer

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    yep, got battlegrounds for 29.99 at best buy the week it came out :) I bought Jedi Knight at Best Buy as well but man, it doesn't work on my machine... i have a

1ghz Athlon

256DDR ram

Win2K Pro

it gives me errors...i wanna get XWing Alliance but I'm afraid that they won't work on my machine!!! :(

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I haven't had any trouble with it on mine, but it's only an 850 Intel. I was out of town when Battlegrounds came out so I missed the sale, but I figure they'll do it again before Xmas.

-Jennifer

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    this is totally off topic and i apologize but I just got back from my lunch break and... I went to this card store that's RIGHT next to my work, there were like 5 long tables set up and i went to the SW section and talked to the lady there. she said there are a ton of SW players but not a lot of Young Jedi or Jedi Knight players for the CCG...so i bought a starter pack of Death Star II of regular SW CCG...pleeeeease tell me you guys play this, i don't want to have wasted 9 dollars!!!!!

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I have the original starter pack, but never got any farther than drooling over all the cool stuff in it, nobody I knew played it.

-Jennifer

12. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    argh! let's all play it lol you know me now! I play it! play with me! everyone play! lol

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Do we have an estimated head count for our next excursion? So we know who to look for.

Also, to avoid any confusion on the big day, I'll post my cell # the week before. That way in case anybody gets lost or has to cancel at the last minute get in touch with us, and we won't be looking for them. I know I'll be there, the place is only right around the corner from my office and 5 minutes more from my house.

See you all there,

-Jennifer

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Sat...Dec 22nd...a day which, thank God, will not live in imfamy(we've had enough of those...) SEE YA'LL THERE!!!!!! OOOooorah!

15. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I posted this morning in the wrong thread. [face_blush]

If I'm not in San Diego that weekend I should be able to make it. Anyone know how early those online tix go on sale?

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I got the ti-cket, I got the ti-cket, I got the ti-cki-ti-cki-ti-cki-ti-cket!!!!

Ahemmm, sorry...you can get the tickets now.

17. KnightSaber1

KnightSaber1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2001
    Greetings all,

I will be there the best I can. I am looking forward to meeting you all. Can't wait to find other SW Fans in the area. The theaters are only 5 minutes away from my place too. You won't be able to miss me. I stand 6'4", heavyset and should be wearing a black jacket with Airwolf Patches.

I'll try to get my tickets tomorrow. C-ya all there.

KnightSaber1

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    great! I'm gonna go get mine too...12 am showing right? right! heheh... I'm gonna go to this card store tomorrow and watch people play SW CCG...i read the booklet that came with the cards and can't understand S#1T!!!! I must just be a RETARD! :( :( :(

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    SEE, SEE!!? That's one of the reasons I don't play the cards no more! You just get to understand the game, and somebody rewrites the rules...or adds another pack, or recalibrates a card, or reconfigures the play sequence....AAAAGGGGHHHH!

RPG,RPG,RPG,RPG! OOorah!

20. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    NO NO NO!!!! That way we learn TOGETHER!!!!! TOGETHERNESS!!! TEAM WORK! lol But we should at least TRY for my 10 dollars pleeeeeeease? lmao :)

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    As Lando C. once said to Chewy; "ALIGHT, Alright, alright...!"

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I just got my tickets online from Moviefone.

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, I highly recommend you do so quickly. I'd hate to have you miss out.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I have emailed FF asking them to post the announcement. (I asked our regional guy on the 11th, but it hasn't been posted yet.)

BTW... anyone have an "extra" copy of Battlegrounds that they'd be willing to share? ;)

24. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I got my ticket, so i'm definitely there on sat. along w/ my ex and my friend Chris. They aren't too into star wars, but oh well. OW, if you want an extra "copy" of Battlegrounds, lemme know, and i'll bring you one.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I broke down and got Battlegrounds yesterday. What a cool game. I like it MUCH better than AOE, but maybe it's because I know and understand the units better. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.