main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official December LOTR and D & B's Meeting***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    i like the scenario editor/creator. I like to create these crazy scenarios. Like 250 Jar Jar's vs. Star Wars Galaxy of Important People. Maul is too aggressive and always ends up dying first. Chewie is usually the last to die lol

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm going to get hooked on that game, I can tell.

//more sleepless nights//

3. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I think it's pretty cool. It's not as addicting as Descent: Freespace 2, but it's still pretty fun. I like the idea of Battledroids vs. Stormtroopers, etc. They should release a patch after EpII so we can use Jango, Dooku, etc. Boba Fett just isn't that cool in this game, his power is weak and his armor sucks. Granted he could take down a few Enemies, he still isn't as strong as some other insignificant characters. The power balance is totally out of wack on that game though. I marched about 8 AT-AT's and the attacked a group of Jar Jar's..and ONE jar jar withstood the attack of all 8 of the AT-AT blasts..TWO TIMES before he finally died. So he got shot 16 times by AT-AT's before he died. That's totally not right lol

KIT: Here's a good reason to play the card game...you can play with star wars, and if you don't think it's too fun you could always collect em! ;) lol

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You guys are making it very for me to wait until after Xmas to get that game. We have a deal in my family, I cannot purchase any SW from Thanksgiving until after Xmas. And evey year I am chomping at the bit by the time Dec 26th rolls around. So, please be kind and lay off about the (already) amazing details.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

5. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL

I gave in to the dark side and bought it yesterday. COuldn't wait any longer. Yep, I'm a rebel. ;)

So, uh, to keep this on track, anyone else looking forward to LOTR?

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Very much.

What does everyone think of Tolkien Jr. controversy?

-Jennifer

7. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I don't know anything about the controversy.

I just read FOTR for the first time last week, and am now reading the Two Towers. This is a new world for me.

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    yeah, what controversy? And if you want... I can get you a "copy" for now until you can buy it after the 26th... We can't let you suffer until then! So Let me know and i'll hook it up.

9. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Still unsure about Saturday, although I am already have tickets for Thursday night! :)

Battlegrounds is a pretty fun game. I've been playing it off and on for the last few weeks. Almost done beating the single player scenarios.

I also just finished the entire LOTR trilogy last night! Pretty impressive. Didn't end anyway like I expected it too, which is always good. ;)

What controversy?

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Apparently, J.R.R. Tolkien's son is livid with Jackson for his use of license with telling the story. There have been threats of lawsuits to stop the release. I haven't heard of it going any farther than threats though. I figure he just wanted some publicity. But I understand that some rabid LOTR people have seen it and they only had mild feeling about the parts that stray from the original story. I haven't read it in years, so I'm not the judge. I'll let you know what my brother says about it (one of those rabid types).

11. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    So are major Tolkien types as bad as rabid Star Trek fans? ;)

I used some of the picture pooks for the movie to help me better visualize the characters and situations. It helped a lot. That and skipping the really long boring parts, and the songs. That helped, too.

But I'm sure there's as much dissention between the purist LOTR types and less rabid fans and between SW EU lovers and the purists who don't read the EU.

Just as long as we can all get along without arguing about the smallest minutia in how the elvish is pronounced or if Darth Bane is going to clone Palpatine for the twentieth time, then we'll be OK. :D

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You've always got people who are going to take it to the extreme. Like those people in school who lived for D&D. I have a brother who falls into that category, so I speak from experience. He actually ended up dropping out of school, because he spent all of his time working on his DM preparations. And good lord, don't get into a discussion with him about anything in the realm of D&D; swords, paganism, fairy creatures, weaponry, and whatever else falls into that era. He is the expert and you can never be right, and who would want to.

As long as we can have a amicable discussion about the movie and the misc. stuff that comes with it, I'll be happy.

See you there,

-Jennifer

13. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Jennifer, Do you want SW Battlegrounds? I can muster up a copy of my copy to hold you over until after christmas.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That would be very cool. Thanks!

-Jennifer

15. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Okey Dokey, consider it done, but you have to promise to buy it! ;) I haven't read the LOTR Trilogy since I was in 5th grade. I've always wanted a movie and from what i hear this is pretty close to the novel. This way i get a great refresher...i mean it's been almost 10 years since i've read the books. And yes... I'm still bringing my cards lol

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I'm sad to say that I read it in Jr HS, and that was a lot longer than 10 years ago. I can even remember when "The Hobbit" cartoon came out on TV. I also have a VHS of "The Return of King." Definately showing my age with that one. Did they ever put "The Hobbit" on video?

-Jennifer

17. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    yeah, as a matter of fact, i have that old Hobbit video somewhere in storage. It was like a bargin vhs like 3.99 somewhere a while back.

18. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    jennifer ...... dont let me forget to bring rebellion .

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Definately.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I couldn't get into Rebellion. Crappy interface. Didn't like it at all. SW BG however...... :D

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i love rebellion . im wondering about faceplants copy . he has different characters . i think im getting battlegrounds for christmas . it looks alot like force comander

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I never tried Force Commander. Loved the music for it, though. :)

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Force Commander is a dog. If you haven't bought it, don't, I can burn a copy. It's not worth it.

-Jennifer

24. Darth_Raw

Darth_Raw Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2001
    Hey yall, I used to live in Thornton but now live in Illinois. Anyways, It is good to know that there is a FF in Denver. I hope to be there soon. The reason for this post is, not to get off subject, I just purchased the Galactic battlegrounds game and got those codes from LucasArts.com. I am not sure where those are to be entered, if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks and may the force be with you.

Darth Raw

25. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    while in the game, just press ENTER and then type the code without spaces and then ENTER again...that's it. Hey guys, I made a simple simple simple scenario last night for SW:BG... it's the Arena Battle at the end of AOTC... Anyone Interested in playing it? It's like 30k or something like that and you just put it in your scenario folder and play it! It's my first REAL scenario...i tried to get it to look like Geonosis without MUCH luck but it's still fun... There really isn't much of a point, there are a few Jedi and a ton of Clones against a mess of Battle Droids... A Mix of all kinds of battle droids...about 300 of them lol there are TONS OF DROIDS, it's fun to watch the carnage. If anyone's interested, lemme know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.