main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Destiny's Way Thread (Traitor, Destiny's Way Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ron corless, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    Destiny's Way sounds like it will be the most awesome of all the NJO books even better than Star by Star. I have heard it will be the turning point in the battle against the Yuzzhan Vong. Perhaps the NR will begin to take back the planets taken by the Vong. Jedinet mentions that Williams will spin a yarn full of sneezy hissing snakes and 12 moffs-a-mashing. Will the Vong begin to attack Imperial Space in DW or will it happen in Remnant the first book in the Force Herectic Trilogy?

Will Destiny's Way be about the destiny of the galaxy?

I can't wait to see the cover and the summary of Destiny's Way on SW-the official site in April. I know it will be April because the covers and summaries for Balance Point and Star by Star appeared in April. Maybe it will be as early as March. Who knows? But I do know it will be a kick-ass cover. Will Luke show up on the cover again?

2. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    It was written by Matthew Woddring Stover. o ther than that I got nothing. Sorry.

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It?s NOT written by Matthew Woodring Stover. Stover is writing Traitor.

4. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Dont Traitor and Way come out about the same time? Which one comes first?

5. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    traitor comes first... it's a pb...

destiny's way is the fourth hb...

btw, it's walter jon williams who's writing dw...

6. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    got this from the tf.n's book section

"Destiny's Way" News
    Wed, Jan 30, 02 06:18:50 PM EST

Walter Jon Williams has finished writing "Destiny's Way", the 4th hardcover in the New Jedi Order series, and it has come in at around 135,000 words.
    I don't know how many pages that makes offhand, but 135,000 words makes it a thickish book, but not a doorstopper.

7. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    What we know:

- It's being written by Walter Jon Williams; more information on the author can be found at his website here

- It's currently due out in November

- It takes place after Enemy Lines and Traitor, and since these books take place concurrently and right after SbS, we're not sure how much time will pass between the end of Traitor and the beginning of DW. (Are they still planning to keep the hardcover novels a year apart from each other?)

- As has been mentioned, it has been said to be the turning point of the NJO, which means something major is likely to happen concerning either the Vong or the NR. (Or perhaps both.)

Anything else?

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Don't know, but I'd like to. I can't wait for the next novel. I'm an incredibley impatient person.

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Ghentz brought us this info, do you really trust him? I dont!

10. ron corless

Dec 1, 1999
    DW might actually be released October 29. Every SW book always comes out the end of the month before the month it's actually supposed to be released. But I thought that DW was to come out September 3.

11. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I trust GhentZ.
    Although I have known him to be wrong on a few occasions.

12. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well I think this much is true, he may exagerate things from there true perspective.

13. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Damn, I knew I was gonna get that twisted.

(Walks away dejectedly)

14. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    With me it's not a matter of trusting Ghentz, just trying to decipher which of his clues and rumors are real, and which he has concocted.

15. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    If Destiny's Way is 135,000 words long it would be about 540 pages, if there are 250 words per page.

16. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    But there aren't. There are probably closer to 350 on a page, depending on font size and margins.

17. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Judging by the statistics that Michael A. Stackpole gives on his site, 135,000 words will put it halfway between Rogue Squadron and I, Jedi in terms of length.

18. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    go here for some good discussion on this.

Should be around 450 pages.

19. ron corless

Dec 1, 1999
    I just found the summary of Destiny's Way on the Del Rey Books Catalogue Search and found the summary under the Audio CD version. Both the hardcover and the audio CD versions of DW are listed. We should see the cover and the summary on the official site very soon.

Here's the summary:

The time of reckoning is close at hand. Events in the New York Times bestselling Star Wars The New Jedi Order series take a decisive turn, as the heroes of the New Republic prepare for their most volatile clash yet with the enemy-from without and within.

In the war against the ruthless Yuzzhan Vong, the fall of Coruscant leaves the New Republic divided by internal strife, and on the verge of bowing to conquest. But those who steadfastly refuse to consider surrender-Luke Skywalker,Han Solo,Leia Organa Solo, and their children and comrades-in-arms-are determined to seize victory against overwhelming odds. And now, finally, there are signs that the tide may be turning in the New Republic's favor.

After capturing crucial Yuzzhan Vong intelligence, Jedi fighter-pilot Jaina Solo prepares to lead a daring surprise strike against an enemy flagship. Meanwhile, Jaina's brother Jacen-liberated from the hands of the enemy and newly schooled in an even greater mastery of the Force by the Jedi Knight Vergere-is eagerly poised to bring his unique skills to bear against the invaders. And on Mon Calamari, the New Republic's provisional capital, the retired, ailing hero Admrial Ackbar has concieved a major tactical plan that could spell the beginning of a swift end for the Yuzzhan Vong.

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    thanks, ron! It sounds great!

21. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks for that... Sounds really cool. :)

22. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    Damn, that's great. Now if only we they can have the cover out soon...

23. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    After capturing crucial Yuzzhan Vong intelligence, Jedi fighter-pilot Jaina Solo prepares to lead a daring surprise strike against an enemy flagship.

Oh, no temp basis then. Luke gave an inexperienced leader a vital Squadron. Jeez...

Meanwhile, Jaina's brother Jacen-liberated from the hands of the enemy and newly schooled in an even greater mastery of the Force by the Jedi Knight Vergere

Oh look, all the Jedi were wrong about the force all along. Jeez...

And on Mon Calamari, the New Republic's provisional capital, the retired, ailing hero Admrial Ackbar has concieved a major tactical plan that could spell the beginning of a swift end for the Yuzzhan Vong

Ah, some good news :)

Overall, my theory that the NJO is going to drop bigtime in my estimation is coming up trumps

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Aw, come on, ReaperFett! Quit being so pessimistic! Think happy thoughts! Maybe it won't be so bad!

25. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I said the good point. Mon Cals. Bout it.

Oh, and its a HC, so we can have major deaths. That'll be Kyp then. After all, cant have this "Rogue Jedi" disagreeing with Jacen, can we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.