main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL : Dioramas

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CGI-BOBAFENT, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Ok heres the place to post pics,give tips ,swap ideas and generally talk about your dioramas.

2. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    To kick it off I'm linking to the diorama makers bible -Niub Niubs Universe -a fantastic guide to all things diorama with a huge visitors section. ENJOY :D

NiubNiub

Heres my Arena in the visitors section,I made this the week AOTC was released -I just couldn't wait to make it as soon as I got out of teh cinema!

Some more of mine should be up soon including the outlander nightclub,geonosis battlefield,Fetts Appartment and the Tusken camp.Theres a preview of the club and the appartment on Niub Niubs main page along with previews of some other diorama makers work.

So anyone got any pics,links,tips or comments?

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    What do you think about the Ultrarama sets? Are those good to get for first time, inexperienced diorama makers? I've seen that company at various conventions for the last couple of years now and I've always thought about getting some of those.

4. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm not really in the know when it comes to ultramas
    -they seem very popular with many collectors who are in desperate need of space and I know there are several websites which have printable backgrounds for them but I can't think of any at the moment.

5. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    MJF, I have 2 of them :D I like them a lot :)

It depends on what you want to do with them, It's very Good for Death Star Scenes, Like mine :D And for inside a Star Destroyer, They come with pretty Cool backgrounds :)

To me they're too small for any outside battle scenes, Perhaps that's just me [face_mischief]

Also they're good for the Random characters lined up display as well :)

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Do you know where I can find a backround for the Carbonite-Freezing chamber? Because Ive got the whole scene set up with the exclusive SW Insider Carbonite Freezing Chamber, except the wallpaper in my room in the backround doesnt exactly add realism to the scene.

7. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Ultrama resourses from Rebelscum

Direct link to Ultrama Backgrounds

I'm not sure the freeze chamber is here but there's a fair few others here.

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    MJF

The Ultraramas are cool & inexspensive (about $20.00). I have 3 so far & as soon as I get a 4th Im going to be doing a Death Star style diorama.

John

9. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    My diorama section has been updated at Niub Niubs unioverse

Heres my crashed Republic Walker

Check out the pics underneath which say NEW and tell me what you think?

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    That looks great CGI-BOBAFENT! :D

I bought 3 full sets of Ultraramas at Grand Slam last weekend, but I have yet to put them together. I'll need to make room in my Star Wars room first.

11. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I really liked the Arena CGI-BOBAFENT. :)Maybe some local Fanforce collecter's could get together and pool their roster of action figure's, vehicles, and miniture prop's and make the grand dadda of the Arena Dioramas though. :D

I was also wondering however, to all the diorama makers, do some of the scene set's you place your collection's in come in kit's pre-made or do you have to take the tedious time of making the set's yourself? :confused:

12. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Not a bad idea!-If their were more of us in the sleepy place I live it'd work a treat!
    Habro make a few sets but the majority are all entirely scratch built -since that phot of the arena was taken I've had to extend it to accomodate the Acklay etc -It looks great now.
    Their are several sites which have printable wall textures etc to save you some time.
    Any help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.