main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 12 (Battle of Dantooine) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by masterskywalker, Mar 29, 2004.

1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I think this could probably have been made into a 3-Chapter arc, instead of two. There was plenty more battle footage that could have been made. It could have gone like this:

Chapter 12: Battle footage (similar to first half of the real chapter 12)
    Chapter 13: Battle footage/Introduction of stoming machine (Pretty much the real Chapter 12, ending with Mace losing his saber)
    Chapter 14: Real Chapter 13.

2. Darth_Strongbad

Darth_Strongbad Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2004
    Some of you folks have way too much time on your hands. If you'd stop and think you'd find that there are easy answers to all your questions.

Q. Why would the clone troopers stop shooting the droids just because the tank was overhead.

A. It looked cool. It was a nice effect. It's a cartoon.

Q. it seems very prone to attack since it moves so slowly and I dont see why the Republic wouldnt bring along some weapon to negate the tank ...

A. Again, it looked cool. We just accept the fact that such a republic weapon is unavailable. It was a nice effect. Plus, Mace IS that weapon, einstein.

Q. Didnt the Republic Inteligence reveal the existence of this weapon?

A. Yes...don't you remember when the senate was briefed on it in the back of that obscure comic book and clone wars novel?

Just kidding, it LOOKED COOL that they were surprised by it. Who cares who knew what about it. Nothing more should we worry about.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Storywise, it has nothing to do with looking cool. It's a surprise, it happens all the time.

4. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Might as well question the PowerPuff Girls flight formations while your at it.

Hey pal, the strategic maneuvers employed by the Girls in the Powerpuff Movie were bloody brilliant.

-Otis

5. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    The little kid's eyes were drawn differently from the other characters, therefore this cartoon is the worst offense humanity has ever committed! Also, it was unrealistic! Boooooo! Die, Tartakovsky, die!

[no, not really]

6. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I thought the action was great in this chapter. I had been waiting to see Mace in action since the series was announced, and he didn't disappoint.

And the Separatists new weapon was pretty amazing.

7. Darth_Deus

Darth_Deus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Maybe the little kid isn't human??

Maul didn't have eyes like Obi Wan's...

8. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I think the little kid was great - at least it made clear that not only droids and Jedi live in GFFA...

The chapter was cool and intense- not my favorite, especially because I do not really like Mace, still, it was well done, and it was great that Mace's movements and style were exactly like he showed in AOTC.

9. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    I still haven't seen this Episode yet. Cursed Hyperspace.

10. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I finally managed to download it, it was pretty cool. It does seem odd how Mace is shown to be so powerful, taking on legions of driods, but in AOTC it was pretty much the same situation and no where near as powerful. I actually wish the movie Mace was shown more like the Clone Wars one.