main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 14 (The Ilum Incident) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master-Fett, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    wowowowow! this was a good episode

i didnt like their voices, i could of found better...

but good plot, and tommorow will be awsome

that one shot of barris like deflecting 20 in two seconds, was awsome!

theyre stuck under there and they have to keep their force hold or theyll be chrushed!

how do the droids cloak, its almost impossible!

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Tomarrow's looks amazing.

!snap

3. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    Good episode. Liked the syncronized moves. shows what a master/padawan relationship can be like with complete trust in each other (like Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan)

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Great episode. I like how the second season is showing more Jedi.

-SWIG

5. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Yes, and more lightsaber. Can't wait to see Anakin vs Asajj.

!snap

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Yes, very good teamwork!

im redoing lumaira into a custom, and getting out my old barris fig

7. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Much like the NJO story in which Jacen uses a force bubble to hold back a collapsing building. I forget which book it's from.

With the Jedi doing all these amazing things with the force, it's a wonder they wern't able to take out all those droids in the Geonosis arena. I'd say for this difference the toons can't be considered canon. Mace's power definatly is far too exaggerated.

!snap

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I gotta see it again on Hyperspace. I saw it but didn't get a chance to listen to the voices.

For now, I got one criticism - the way Barriss assembled her lightsaber. I always thought that no matter how powerful a Jedi is, when building a lightsaber, he or she needs to use a set of tools. Tools to take apart the handle, to fuse the wires, etc. Also, the crystal she used. I always thought the focusing crystal needed to be symmetrical.

snap-hiss, you're probably thinking of Tahiri using the Force bubble to deflect the force of the explosion in Refugee.

Edit: the symmetrical idea is just my opinion. What I actually mean is the crystal needs to be shaped (cut) by the Jedi. Just as the rough gems are cut into brilliant stones before being set into the rings, bracelets, etc.

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's up on HS.

EDIT: For now, I got one criticism - the way Barriss assembled her lightsaber. I always thought that no matter how powerful a Jedi is, when building a lightsaber, he or she needs to use a set of tools. Tools to take apart the handle, to fuse the wires, etc. Also, the crystal she used. I always thought the focusing crystal needed to be symmetrical.

IIRC, the Jedi Quest hardcover book which sees Anakin build his first lightsaber tells us that the majority of the saber is built at the temple. The crystal is the only part done at the cave on Ilum. So all the wires and everything are already hooked up to the power cell. I geuss the golden metal bits are used to pass the electricity onto the crystal to power the beam (or something like that). As for the symmetrical thing, I've never heard that before.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I love Barriss.

11. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    We need some season two Clone Wars icons.

!snap

12. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Am I the only one who thought the "crystal is the heart" speech was cheezy? I felt like cringing

13. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Am I the only one who thought the "crystal is the heart" speech was cheezy? I felt like cringing

It is cheesey, but it's supposed to be. It's not exactly designed to be amazing diologue.

!snap

14. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Even if it was cheesy, i kind of liked it. I didn't think that the assembly of the lightsaber was too off base. I figure Bariss had already constructed the mechanized parts of the lightsaber and just needed to insert its "batteries", ya know. It was great to see this episode, as Bariss and Luminous Luminara are two of my favorite side characters.

15. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Good episode! Much better than the first Mace episode. Liked the twist ending! Loved the cloaking robots!

16. Egluck

Egluck Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    I thought this episode was ok, but....

1) The Jedi action was a bit of a letdown after such off the wall action before

2) If this jedi temple is so important, why do its defenses suck so much?

3) I think its stupid that they imply that the whole jedi order revolves around these crystals. I always thought to myself that lightsabres were just some modern weapon they used and maybe back in the day they used swords or something. I dont tknow if this is a fixture in the EU.

4) The cloking would make sense, imagine how expensive robots which can fly through space and still walk around and fight? For a robot that expensive you might as well include a cloking device. But we have never seen cloking in STar Wars b4, this cartoon is kind of going out on an edge to include it now.

5) Why was Yoda chillin an Amidala's ship?

6) How were they able to send a jedi signal over such a long area? Never seen anything like that b4 either.

17. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Great episode!! Barriss and Luminara kick ass! I love season 2, first the great Mace and now this! The action is so awesome!!

18. DarthStinkyBritches

Jun 19, 2001
    It is cheesey, but it's supposed to be. It's not exactly designed to be amazing diologue.

You misunderstand me. It's not that I was hoping for Shakespear, I like that SW is cheezy. I'm not getting into that. What I mean was, it was corny. I like the way the Jedi are represented in the movies. In the Clone Wars, like other EU, the Jedi are a little too fruity and corny for my tastes. The action is good, but I guess I'm just getting into the way I dislike how the jedi mythology is expanded upon in the EU.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>2) If this jedi temple is so important, why do its defenses suck so much?<<

They probably didn't consider it to be a likely target this early in the war.

>>3) I think its stupid that they imply that the whole jedi order revolves around these crystals.<<

It's what allows them to construct their lightsabers- while artificial ones can be made, natural ones are more efficient.

>>4)But we have never seen cloking in STar Wars b4, this cartoon is kind of going out on an edge to include it now.<<

Cloaking was mentioned in ESB, and has appeared in a few EU sources (Darth Maul's Infiltrator was supposed to have one, and then there was the Dreighton technology in Rebel Assault 2, plus the (albeit different kind of cloaking) cloaking technology in the thrawn books.

>>5) Why was Yoda chillin an Amidala's ship?<<

He really brings that room together.

>>6) How were they able to send a jedi signal over such a long area? Never seen anything like that b4 either.<<

Yoda sensed Anakin on Tatooine from Coruscant in AOTC.

20. DarthStinkyBritches

Jun 19, 2001
    3) I think its stupid that they imply that the whole jedi order revolves around these crystals. I always thought to myself that lightsabres were just some modern weapon they used and maybe back in the day they used swords or something. I dont tknow if this is a fixture in the EU.

That's a very good follow up to what I was trying to say. This is how I feel also.

21. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Great episode! It was cool to see Luminara and Barriss working together like that. It was also nice to hear them finally speak. And the lightsaber action was very cool.

Actually, the lightsaber action in the last three chapters has been really great, and chapter 15 looks to be just as cool with Yoda in action. I guess Padme and the droids will make an appearance, too.

I definitely can't wait...

22. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    To me, it's corny in the movies as well....

Anyhoo...uhm...some religions do have silly speeches like that....I actually liked the crystal speech.

1) The Jedi action was a bit of a letdown after such off the wall action before

These Jedi aren't Mace windu. Mace is second in power only to Yoda. Notice they have to concentrate and meditate very hard to keep the rubble from crushing them. They aren't as advnced as Mace.

Also...most religious order don't like their sacred temples desicrated with heavy weapons guarding the temple or not. The jedi definitely don't seem like the type to guard their temples. It's not in their nature.
    Before the clone wars no one would think of trespassiong on Illum. After all, to an outsider the Jedi are pretty creepy. Probaly that's all it needed to guard the temple.

To the one who asked if sabres are important to Jedi in the EU....

They're important in the movies! Remember, Obi Wan said that a lightsabre is your life. Beyond that, they're used as a meditative tool. Not much else that I can think of.The lightsabres are only symbolic and not that central to the Jedi way.

23. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    FINALLY we got to hear female Jedi talk!! I like Luminara's accent, but I always imagined Barriss to sound American.

24. FunkMst3k

FunkMst3k Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    Excellent episode. Missed the broadcast...forced to watch the hyperspace version. For paying a subscription fee you would think they could up the resolution a bit. The audio on these is just wretched too. Are these still re-aired at 9?

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Overall a pretty good episode. Ilum was beautiful and the action was nice but not over the top like last night's was. I can't wait to see Yoda in action tomorrow night.