main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 15 (It's Not Easy Being Green) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 1, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Are we sure that is actually Anthony doing 3PO?

!snap

3. Talz

Talz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Yeah. The OS Commentary talks about how he did the voiceover recordings over the phone from London and even improvised a bit which we'll see in Ep. 16.

4. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    What is going on with Anthony Daniels? He does a great job getting the inflections right, but he just doesn't sound like Threepio. The first time I heard it, i though (despite what we've been told) that it wasn't him.

Unno

5. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Someone siad..."I also think they did the mind trick wrong. Typho spoke Yoda-style, rather than Standard basic"

I think you missed the joke :) .. I never hought about Yoda doing the mind trick.. that people he was doing it on would sound like that.

On Anthony Daniels doing the voice.. yep its him alright. He was very excited to be a part of it. I spoke to him at the Dallas convention last fall about it. He says he wishes the cartoon was longer too :)

6. Talz

Talz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    I think it is AWESOME that Anthony Daniels is a part of the cartoon series but agree with Unno about his recent C-3PO work. He loves it so much, it almost sounds like he's trying too hard in TPM and AOTC. It sounds overly prim and cheery. Then again, maybe it's because 3PO spends most of his time in the Classics in agonizing over his various dillemas and predicaments whereas in the Prequels he's still a pretty happy droid! :)

7. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    I think he sounds pretty awesome in the prequels. He's just not so unhappy. (Although the AOTC arugement with R2 brings out it out a little bit.) I just think, in these few lines here, he doesn't sound very 3POish.

Unno

8. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I wonder if I'm the only one who hated Yoda for messing with Typho's head to get what he wanted? And also Padmé, letting Yoda make Typho look like an idiot... If you agree with the Jedi, then say it so, m'lady [face_plain]

I pretty much enjoyed all the episodes except Episode 5 so far, but I really hated this one.

9. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i just saw Chapter 15 on the OS, being a Hyperspace member, and i gotta say that i think they just keep getting better and better!

i. too, noticed a bit of a difference in Anthony Daniels voicework in this one, but it still does kind of sound like him so its not all bad.

the yoda mind-trick on Typho was classic man! that was hilarious!!!

cant wait to see whats next!

:D

10. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    What's up with Threepio? He looked nothing like he did in Episode II.

It ended far to abruptly. Yoda reaches the mountain. It's over.

I laughed all the way through the Typho stuff. Yoda apparently hates Typho!

11. Egluck

Egluck Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    I think the episode was good because it had alot of story and dialogue. But I would have liked to have seen Yoda use his force powers to take down the droids rather than his light saber. I always imagine him as being so powerful with the force that he could just crush them as easily he could look at them.

12. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Can anyone help me out here? Yoda and Padmé are on the ramp. Padmé tries to persuade Yoda to let her accompany him. He said something along the lines of "Alone, I must go." He then said something else, but I didn't catch what he said. Padmé pouts, then he told her that he'll contact her if he needs assistance. What was it he said between him telling Padmé that he needed to go alone and her pouting.

13. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "Alone I must be, for the rescue to suceed."

14. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    That echange was cool too, cause Yoda kinda goes soft and feels like maybe he was to hard on her. I like that. :)

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The exchange between Padme and Yoda on the ramp was my favorite part of the Chapter - it was so SW to me for some reason. "Call you I will if I need assistance"...I guess Yoda isn't used to being in a relationship. [face_laugh]

I didn't really like the whole mind trick thing on Typho - it went on too long and was beating a dead horse I thought. Although, that being said, it was funny to hear somebody other than Yoda talk in Yoda-speak.

Yoda's combat scenes were just great.

And I actually liked seeing little old Yoda walk slowly into the Temple and start to move the rubble away.

16. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Two words.
    Yoda Rocked.

That's says it all :D

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    1) It was a 'bridging Chapter', and it did feel a little abrupt.

2) I didn't like Padme's voice.

3) I laughed so much at Yoda's 'persuasion', that I had to stop watching the Chapter and start again. I'm still chuckling at it now. :D

18. TRiLoGYUK

TRiLoGYUK Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    Great Episode!! One of my Favourites so far!!!

I wish that Mace had fought more like Yoda in his episodes during the fight scenes..

19. slackerj

slackerj Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Loved it.

Mind trick great, Yoda action great, and the dialogue was good.

It didn't bother me typho's voice was off since he's more of a side character anyway.

Seemed a little short for some reason.

20. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    It was ok, I want them to get back to Anakin's storyline though. I hope his fight takes up 3 chapters like I've heard.

21. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I expect there'll be one more on Ilum, and then we'll (hopefully) concentrate on Anakin and Asajj.

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This was definetly my favourite so far, and the story arch on Ilum is the best one in the series. Here the jedi aren't as super-human, as Mace in the previous chapters, and they seem much more real and interesting. I also like that there is more dialogue, I'm one of those persons who get bored with seeing in how many ways you can chop up a droid with a lightsabre.

I guess it also depends on the fact that I've always been a Bariss and a Padmé-fan.

23. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This was an interesting episode, but not the best. It was more of a transitional piece that works the best with the other ones around it.

24. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Bordering on over-doing it. I think Yoda using the mind-trick on Typho was a bit much. Also the whole Jedi blocking laser blasts at light speed with one arm is getting to be a bit much as well. They could have used that skill on Geonosis.

Anyway. Still love the little green bugger to death. And the cartoons overall. Come on Ani!

25. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    Wow,Yoda sensed those droids better than Luminara and Barris.Well,of course,he's the best Jedi in the galaxy.