main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 17 (The Beginning of The End) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 5, 2004.

1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    That was a freaken great episode! I laughed my ass of when the Clones were being thrown around!!!! [face_laugh] I can't believe they killed R4!!!!! That was a surprise! His head blew up!!! It was kinda mean too though. Anyway, kickass episode! Can't wait for Chapter 18! :cool:

2. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Awesome episode! I can't wait for tomorrow nights duel.

3. bulent_hasan

bulent_hasan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I've seen 17, 18, 19 and now 20. You are going to see something that, if it is done as well as it was done in chapter 20, will make your ticket money worth seeing Episode 3 4 times over. If they can pull THAT off, then its worth seeing the movie. The CW Cartoon has been a great thing for SW and Lucas overall. It's put some fresh life into the continuing story, shown us something that we've never thought we'd see a Jedi do before, and weapons never imagined. The duel is very, VERY good, but the last chapter left my jaw open.

4. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    Man,I can't wait for this?And I have a question:What is the Hyperspace name?I was in vacation and the computer is kinda weird...

5. Master_Destiny

Master_Destiny Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2004
    This duel fills me with a sense of connection, and historical fuffilment.

When we first saw ANH, who ever thought, Luke's heroic Jedi Knight father on the verge of being evil himself, faught an evil Sith diciple within the mystic jungles of the moon?

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice. x 1,000,000,000. :D

That's all I have to say about that.

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Awesome episode :cool:

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I've been stuck at rehersals so I've missed all the previous episodes. But last night I was bed-ridden with chills, so I finally got to see an episode! Woohoo! Great fun :D
    The clone that was repeatedly slammed against the tree reminded me of Renfield(sp) in Bram Sticker's Dracula after Dracula get's a hold of him ;)
    I do hope they have a marathon though so I can catch the one's I missed. (56k isn't really good for streaming media)

9. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    This is off topic but I needed to post somewhere...Is anyone else having problems logging into HS???

If not...does anyone have any contact info for customer service because I've paid my 19.95 and I can't login or watch chapter 17!!! : (

10. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Well, to say it legally...

I thought anakin uses his starfighter *cough* later on in sw, so i dont get how it can explode!!!!

11. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great episode!! Can't wait for the next one..

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I thought anakin uses his starfighter *cough* later on in sw<<

Nope- the only other appearance of his custom starfighter is in the short story "Storm Fleet Warnings", and that is obviously set prior to the events of the cartoon.

In all other later sources he flies your more typical Jedi Starfighter.

13. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    Not sure who locked my post..but had one quick question as follow-up...the person said that it's illegal to distribute..does that also include downloading?

14. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    I said:what was the Hyperspace OS name?

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I particularly liked the scene with Anakin leading the clones through the jungle.
    The silhouette of his hood and the cloak makes a very nice foreshadowing of Vader leading Stormtroopers, hunting down the Jedi... :D It's like'The tables will turn, soon enough'

I also found the Clones deaths strangely amusing, until we see the one being dragged across the jungle floor to the ship. There was something drawn-out about this one that unsettled me a little. It wasn't a 'quick, violent' death like the others, it seemed a little crueller. Although I know it was done to get Anakin's full attention. I suppose I'm just surprised Ventress didn't play with them all like that...

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

16. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    Man, this episode rocked. The manner in which Assaj knocked the clones off one by one was amazing. Predator anybody? And the build up to the fight was way out. Cant wait 24 hours for the next one.

My fav chapter : 17
    My fav CW character : Assaj

The last time Anakin said " you are gonna pay for ...." he ended up losing an arm. I guess he should fare better this time ;)

17. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I hope Anakin kicks Asajj' ass! You don't do that to R4!!

18. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    << thought anakin uses his starfighter *cough* later on in sw >>

The Republic issues him another. Even if they show a future episode with a custom Jedi Starfighter I wouldn't see the problem with this. Anakin is a great pilot and well worth a new fighter.

Which brings me to the next question. When Anakin tells Assaj Ventress "You'll pay for that", you think he's thinking more about his custom starfighter than all those troopers and R4? :D

19. Jedi_Emulator

Jedi_Emulator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    We don't allow bootlegging or illegal downloads here. Thanks.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    No, I think it was mostly R4 - keep in mind, he didn't yell "My shiiiiiiip!" ;)

What really fascinates me about the CW cartoons is what kind of action people will find "over the top".

SO many complaints about Mace, yet none about Asajj in this chapter - her use of TK is unbelievable, and if you go by the movies, she'd be stronger than Yoda, Dooku, or Vader...

Not that I'm complaining - I LOVE this series.

I'm just saying it's strange that people complain about the action in certain episodes, while it's been consistently over the top throughout all 17 episodes.

21. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    This was one of the best episodes yet IMO. Gotta love the intesity in Anakins eyes right before igniting his saber. Can't wait till tonight!

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Poor clone troopers. I would have thought that they would yell out of something.

Overall, a good episode, had some nice effects in it. Can't wait for tonights.

23. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    I loved the ending... you guys are right though, should have ended before they started duelling.

Asajj stood there with flames behind her was so stylish. :D

24. DarthMarth9

DarthMarth9 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2004
    Great battle scenes! But I feel sorry for the many troopers that died.....

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    should have ended before they started duelling.
    I disagree...many comics use that initial clash as a way of keeping the antici...........pation ;) going for the next issue. Even the old "Batman" series used to end on a cliffhanger, it helps build the drama.