main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 18 (Anakin Skywalker vs. Asajj Ventress II) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Apr 6, 2004.

1. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    this episode ruled! "blah blah, it didn't progress the plot" yeah, but have we seen a great saber fight in the clone wars cartoons yet? nope. it wouldn't be star wars if we didn't get a saber fight. and this saber fight was AWESOME!

my favorite part was right before asajj force pushed anakin towards those ruins, after they started fighting in the air. the close-up shots of them fighting were great. really really impressive for a cartoon. i thought it'd be hard for the cartoon to pull off a good lightsaber fight but i think they did a great job

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Use it tommorow<<

Can't- someone else has dibs on the thread creation for 19.

>>Quest -- that title would never have fit.<<

Is that a challenge? [face_batting]

EDIT- Damn, you're right! [face_batting]

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    It could be that I just saw Revolutions again last night, but the flying amongst the trees reminded me of the Neodammerung fight, and then when it started raining, it REALLY reminded me of the Neodammerung :p

But yeah, that was ****ing cool. I love the rain on the lightsabres.

4. psflipper

psflipper Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2004
    I was always under the impression that Force users (Jedi or Sith) could not use force pushes or TK on each other. I can't think of an instance in any of the films where it was done. It seems a little odd to introduce this new thing now. I wonder if it will play a role at all in EPIII.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I was always under the impression that Force users (Jedi or Sith) could not use force pushes or TK on each other. I can't think of an instance in any of the films where it was done. It seems a little odd to introduce this new thing now. I wonder if it will play a role at all in EPIII.

In TPM Maul uses the force to push Obi-Wan back and down into the pit where he hangs on.

6. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    ^^ that doesn't make any sense. Maul pushes Obi-Wan, Dooku pushes Anakin, Vader uses TK against Luke in ESB.

It seems the dark side relies more on it. Never heard of that rule you mention.

It was cool to finally see somebody block a force push (Asajj).

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    In TPM Maul uses the force to push Obi-Wan back and down into the pit where he hangs on.

In AOTC Dooku uses in on Anakin.

8. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    "They're just fun things to watch in between the films"

It sure doesn't seem like you're having fun watching these...based on how critical you are over the insignificant...but that's just my observation.

I've come to the conclusion that some people have nothing better to do than to complain, and that is both sad and lame. These cartoons are great, and you folks should just enjoy them for what they are. I mean...being overly-critical and overly-nitpicky about things being "over the top" or "the movie Jedi get tired" is abit much. It's a friggin' CARTOON. There's no-need to over-analyze and dissect every little aspect of what is going-on... I mean, sure...you're entitled to your opinions...which is totally fine and good...but...sheesh. Give it a break, already. We could have nothing at-all, and these cartoons are awesome and alot of fun. Just kick-back and enjoy the show, I say. :)

9. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    ^^ The words "Star Wars fan" go hand in hand with "overly critical" most times. That's just the nature of beast even though I am generalizing things a bit we all know that's the case.

Amen to what you said though. Is a shame people don't just go "cool!" and intestad worry about minor things.

Oh well. :)

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Um, duh, if the fight had ended, then we wouldn't be getting a second episode of butt whuppin! So of course it didn't "advance the plot", its a fight for pete's sake.

11. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Great episode and the next one looks to be even better. I've noticed that they've copied the style of the movies of having some shots of the combatants far away, where they look really small. In a regular cartoon you're always close by to the action. It's a nice touch.

12. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Man I was hoping he would bring out the good old Force Choke, and start wipping her around the trees.

13. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    great episode, poetic in a way

14. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    Hey, it's "battle of the chumps that got pwned by Dooku". ;)

>It was cool to finally see somebody block a force push (Asajj).

Yes! I've been wanting to see that for a while, in fact I was going to make a topic about it. I'm glad they finally did that...

I actually do wish they'd talked though.

Complainers: are you sure Anakin lost his arm above the elbow? I coulda sworn he just got his whole forearm lopped off and that's it...

15. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.galaxyfaraway.com/images/anakin-arm.jpg]

Just an observation, wouldn't call it complaining. ;)

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

16. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I thought that was an amazing episode! Assaj turned out to be quite a challenge for the chosen one. And the duel was very cool (hey, I rhymed). I can't wait for tonights chapter.

And the rain effect on the lightsabers at the end was great.

17. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    It's actually kind of hilarious looking at Anakin's disarmament mid-frame. Why is it flying off like that? He was holding his arm completely still so Dooku could get a nice clean cut...

18. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Glad the forum is back up!! :)

Am I the only one that feels that Anakin is still being portrayed too weak? I thought he got his butt kicked. He might have knocked her sabers out of her hands, but he just let her have them right back. He didn't use the force to his advantage. He was more reactive than proactive. Yea he chased after her, but I wouldn't call that proactive. He's fighting her like Obi-Wan would light-saber-wise.

I assume in the next episode he will pick it up. I just hope he doesn't have to use the dark side to conjure up a beatdown on Ventress.

*sigh*

19. Jobi-Won

Jobi-Won Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    Well I think of it this way. I would say, Anakin fights more aggressivly because he is a cocky about his force abilities. Asejj is probly more focust on the force than him so thats why at the end of that chatper she knocked Anakin around a bit. But i think in this next Episode Anakin is gunna start to get a bit angry...and we know what happens when Anakin gets angry...yipes!

20. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I can understand Anakin's cocky-ness if he actually ever whooped someone, but I dunno where he gets it from.

21. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I liked this chapter but when the rain started falling I felt that it was a bit over-the-top.

22. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I felt the rain at the end was a great "atmosphere booster" and feel confident that the next chapter will be mindblowing. But there was aspects of the rest of this episode I'm not too happy about. A little too much action and too little story for my taste.

23. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    does anyone else think that ventress is about to bite the bull...wait.....blade?

i have the bad feeling that anakin is gonna take her out.

cat

24. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I was actually kind of poking fun at the certain individuals who say that things about these Star Wars cartoons are too over-the-top. And there isn't much story because... there isn't much story. There doesn't need to be. We know what's going on, now we're just seeing the outcome and what will lead to Episode III. These are action-based cartoons revolving around the events during the Clone Wars and I don't see why there must be, or even should be, a lot of story.

i have the bad feeling that anakin is gonna take her out.

Same here, but mine's a good feeling. :)

25. raymond

raymond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    anakin, is more powerful, since he lost to dooku, he has upgrade his skills, can't wait till 19.

the duel in the rain is going to be awsome.