Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 2 (Assault on Muunilinst, Part II) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by jp-30, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Clone Wars: Chapter 2 (Assault on Muunilinst, Part II)

This episode is the second chapter for the "Clone Wars -- The Epic Micro Series" and will air 10-Nov-2003 at 8 pm EST, and be available on cartoonnetwork's site (US visitors only) & hyperspace shortly after, and there's a mirror for the US-only streaming version here on the official site.

The plan is for a mod to start an Official Thread for each cartoon episode, so that there will be one thread encapsulating the discussion for each episode. So we'll have 10 (eventually 20) concise threads, rather than one huge one or hundreds of tiny ones. :)

Plot Summary:The Republic fleet, led by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, encounters resistance as it enters the orbit of the planet Muunilinst. The Republic?s attack gunships manage to land on the planet, where they encounter the Droid Army of the Separatists. Advanced Recon Commandos, the elite shock forces of the Republic Army, are deployed on a special mission within the city, but their ship is shot down behind enemy lines.

/>
    Please do not post in this thread until the episode airs -- and then it's a free for all.

Begun, these official Clone Wars threads have... />/>
  2. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Not to break the "do not post until airtime" restriction or anything, but as a sidenote- shouldn't these threads refer to "Clone Wars: Chapter 2", etc, since that's what they are referred to as on the title cards in the actual show?

Yeah, you're right. All fixed now, and I actually posted this thread about 12-24 hours early. So thanks for bringing it up to the surface in anticipation of the 2nd chapter.

But I'll be deleting this post later... :p

-Just doing my civil duty...now go change the other two threads! [face_batting]

Nah, I'll let the mods who started those threads change them, so my colours don't mess up their nice posts in the "edited by" line :p />
  3. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    AWESOME!
    ARC TROOPERS RULE!!!
  4. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Good then?

Come on Hyperspace.... put it up!
  5. Darth_Malt Jedi Master

star 4
  6. anakinobiwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Does Anakin have a slight british lilt to his voice or is it me?
  7. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    Very cool.

I want the DVD. Gimme.

-Otis
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Holy CRAP!!!!!!

Dude that was SO COOL! :D

Man, if the first episode made me doubt at all, this one certainly made me SURE that this series is gonna ROCK! :D

I love the "Black Hawk Down" element the downed gunship presents! :D

w000000000000t! :D
  9. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I can't believe how much they fit into that one. It seemed way longer than 3 minutes.
  10. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Great space action! And gunships! And clonetroopers! w00t!

Interesting shift in the music.
  11. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    And this time, I recorded the whole thing on my computer.

Space battle was a bit too quick, but the main focus and what I liked the best where the ARC troopers in an urban combat scenario. Exciting! Loved how the ground troops decended on the assult ships.

And the running droid with the bazooka, great touch!
  12. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Omigod that was awesome again!

COMMANDER Skywalker :D
    Anakin continues to have the best facial expressions.

I love how they're really treating these like individual shows... I mean, a cliffhanger ending!
  13. Darth_Malt Jedi Master

star 4
    I was getting worried because it took them forever to show the previous Episode Clips and I thought it was going to reduce the time for the actual show.
  14. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let's just pray HS doesn't **** it up tonight.
  15. DarthWufei Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I loved this one too. ARC Troopers do kick butt, but of course it was weird actually seeing a Battle Droid with some damn intelligence. Gotta love it.

And we all know who makes their first appearance in the next chapter right? XD
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "I can't believe how much they fit into that one. It seemed way longer than 3 minutes."

Dude! I was about to say teh same thing! It seemed so LONG this time! Dialogue, space action, ground action, gunship action... It rocked! :D
  17. RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling

star 4
    :D

Sweet.

The fighter battle was awesome. I'm rather surprised their using Geo fighters instead of TF Droid Fighters, the Geo's are a long way from home. What were those things they were launched from? Some kinda ship or station? Muunilist is awesome, the architecture is really cool. Anakin was, well, whiny, but hey, thats his character for ya. The ARC trooper mission was cool, can't wait to see how that turns out. While I was watching, the phone rang. So I deftly removed the battery pack. :) Great stuff. So glad the next ep is tomorrow.
  18. kc2kit Jedi Padawan

Kind of cool how Obi Wan sternly discusses the subject with Anakin and says "Good Luck... Commander"

Obi Wan rules
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Sweet episode..Anakin's voice isn't bad- it's still not as good as Matt Lucas though, who played Anakin in the Clone Wars video game.

The exaggerated deployment numbers for the starfighters and gunships make for great visuals, even if they are a tad unrealistic.

ARC Troopers rock, can't wait to see them in action next week.

That missle-launcher carrying battledroid seems to be a reference to a similar unit in the Galactic Battlegrounds computer game too.
  20. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very nice!!

That music isn't from any previous film, is it? I didn't recognize it anyway.

I like the focus on the clones! Looks like we'll have a cliffhanger on our hands after every episode! :D

Top-notch stuff!!
  21. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    > And we all know who makes their first appearance in the next chapter right? XD

I have my suspicions, but no spoilers for the next episodes, please!
  22. ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! That was friggin' sweet! I loved how the arc troopers looked like Navy seals or some other highly trained special force unit using the hand signals and all. I was just in awe with the number of fighters that were rushing to meet eachother! Wow! I can't wait untill tomorrow!
  23. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I geuss it would just seem longer since there is no montage this episode.
  24. Apprentice_Anakin Force Ghost

star 4
    Didn't like Anakin's voice much. Overall I would rate it 7/10 by itself, but the whole point is that it's supposed to be watched all together so...
  25. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I loved it,get to see the ARCs in action,A little bit of charcter development,and like Wufei said an intelligent battle droid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.