main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 2 (Assault on Muunilinst, Part II) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jp-30, Nov 9, 2003.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's called a Kibuck.

I thought he was talking about the planet...

2. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Loved Ep 2. Too short though.

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What if the paint job changes color at different angles?

Doubtful, they're primary colors and can't really be mistaken for each other, not at the angles that they changed.
    If it was blue when we saw the crash, it could be passed off as a shadow, but the opposite is true.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I thought he was talking about the planet...

No, he said "...they say the name of the animal..."

So I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the planet.

5. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Look again at my montage... the gunship changes colour as it flies through the city. I'm hoping it's 2 different gunships, edited to mislead the viewer.

If not, it's a huge screw-up.

Can't say I noticed, and I'd hardly call it a huge screw-up, I think you're making mountains out of mole-hills.

What is it with some of you guys? Who cares if there is tiny visual difference in a gunship or whatever? As long as you like the story and that doesn't contain errors then I dont see the need to complain on such a fanboyish level.

Oh I forget this site is where fanboys frequent [face_laugh]

Sorry I feel a little grouchy, tiredness and all.

6. -Super_Battle_Droid-

-Super_Battle_Droid- Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
    In Yoda's databank entry at the official site it says it's a kybuck also. :)

He led troops into the field atop a loyal kybuck steed, leading the charge against the Separatists.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    point settled.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > What is it with some of you guys? Who cares if there is tiny visual difference in a gunship or whatever? As long as you like the story and that doesn't contain errors then I dont see the need to complain on such a fanboyish level.

Uhh. It's called discussion. This is a discussion board. It's what we do here...

9. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Great stuff. Anakin is still the whiny punk he's always been. Obi-Wan should kick his arrogant, pathetic, bratty ass. Oh, that's right: he will.

Whinakin's fall is due to his lack of character, not Obi-Wan's teaching. Whinakin deserves everything he gets for ruining everyone's lives, including his own.

10. TOC-NightSky

TOC-NightSky Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    Thank you!!

I was hoping that someone else besides me caught that little color change on the gunships.

Not anything remotely resembling a gripe, of course. Just a little "I'm paying attention" moment :)

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    One thing bothered me about this Chapter. Since when can Assault Gunships go into space? They aren't space-worthy vehicles. I thought they were only used in ground battles as air cover.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I believe the Assault Gunships were seen in space in Shatterpoint, with everything tightened up and the gun nodules being independently atmosphered from the rest of the ship...

13. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok thanks for that info dp4m.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most gunships can perform high-orbit drops and return trips- the bay doors and likely a magnetic field protect the passangers.

Some variants can go further into space.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Obi-Wan was right to tell Anakin the truth. Anakin needed to hear it. Sure, it might make him mad at Obi-Wan but it's not Obi-Wan's job to massage Anakin's ego, it's his job to teach him. People have often commented on Obi-Wan being a poor teacher. I don't think that's true. He's not the right teacher for Anakin, that's certain, but he trained Anakin because he felt obligated. What was he going to do- tell a dying Qui-Gon he wouldn't train the boy? Tell him he would and not do it? Obi-Wan is a man of his word and he's honest. He's blunt. That's fine for some students but not for Anakin.

However, on the other extreme you have Palpatine who, as evidenced by this episode, is massaging Anakin's ego more and more. But he's feeding him false hopes. Anakin isn't ready. Palpatine knows he isn't. But he knows, just as Obi-Wan does, that Anakin has tremendous potential which could be used for great good or great evil. I think we know where Palpy's interests in that lie.

Later on, when Obi-Wan tells lies and half-truths to Luke in order to try and protect Luke, everyone gets mad and says Luke had a right to know the truth. So which way do you want it? Obi-Wan wasn't keen on sacrificing his honesty just to keep Anakin from getting his feelings hurt. He's obviously frustrated because there's no way to make Anakin be humble but now he's too far into his training to just let him go. It is a horrible decision for Anakin to be put in charge of anything. Obi-Wan realises this, and deals with it in the only manor he knows how.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. jedizen

jedizen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2003
    The more I watch these eps, the more I love chapter 2, and think that it is probably the most "starwarsish" and most important in terms of the development of Ob and Ani's relationship.

By starwarsish, I mean that I love the mix of wider scene space battles/close ups of pilots, and ground action.

The crash of the troopers' ship is just incredible.

17. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Holy sweet Jesus on a friggin' hockey stick, that was the coolest thing ever.

The space battle is EXACTLY what I want to see in Episode III! It gave me chills.

18. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, I just finished watching it. Here are my two cents.

The opening scene with Obi-Wan and the ARC Clonetroopers was a great foreshadowing of what is to come from them later on. Having read the comics in which these guys are featured, I know that they are going to be great things coming from them. The piece of music that ends the scene was a great piece of military music, even if it wasn't a SW'esque piece.

The next scene is particularly one of my favourites so far. One of my favourite parts of the movie that wasn't part of the big battle at the end was the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship. That was presented very well here, although Mat Lucas is not Hayden Christensen by any strech of the imagination. (Not the point, I know, but if they can get guys who can do spot on imitations of Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee and Frank Oz, can't they get a guy who can do Hayden better?)

The rest of it is pretty much a battle scene, and it's one that I rather enjoyed, but there is one thing that bugs me. The gunships are shown leaving the assault ships, insteads of the assault ships landing themselves and deploying the gunships. I know this part wasn't exactly shown in the movie, but considering that gunships are open atmosphere craft (at least that I can tell), wouldn't it be better to safely land and deploy?

Also, the end with the Arc Troopers was very well done, with a neat cliffhanger.

Eagerly awaiting Part three. :D

19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The space battle is EXACTLY what I want to see in Episode III! It gave me chills.

You WON'T be disappointed. :)