main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 2 (Assault on Muunilinst, Part II) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jp-30, Nov 9, 2003.

1. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I can't wait to see the ARC troopers in action, I saw them in the preveiws, and in the little behind the scenes thing.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Genndy Tartakovsky said there are around 12 ARC's, so I geuss what you saw in the episode are all the ARC's there are.

3. Schmoogle

Schmoogle Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2003
    The second chapter was definately better than the first. Those ARC Troopers were awesome.

4. JediObiWan_1387

JediObiWan_1387 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    The movie is on Quicktime now!

Cool!

5. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    If I had to choose, I liked the first just a little better than the second. It's just because of the Anakin-Padme moment. But Ch. 2 was better from a pure action standpoint. And we all love our clonetroopers too :D

6. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    Just watched it again (Gotta love Tivo) and had some overall comments.

What are Geonosian fighters doing at Muunilist? And if you notice, either the Geonosian fighters or the Republic fighters sound like TIE fighters when they shoot. Whay's up with that?

The droid says 'Roger roger' but who is he talking to?

Obi-Wan shouts 'Evasive action' but nobody really does anything. The ships don't try to dodge or anything.

Not that I disliked it. It's just stuff I noticed. I LOVED IT!!!!! YAHOO! Can't wait for the next one.

7. Numbshiba

Numbshiba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    I wouldn't say it was better than the first; but I think they will all become more entertaining as the story unfolds and we get more of the picture.

I do have to say this is quite treat to get part of the SW saga while we are waiting for episode iii. The action with all the extras trimmed off fits this part of the story very well.

8. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't see it yet on the site.

9. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I can't see the link on HS, can someone post it?

10. BlazeLagoon

BlazeLagoon Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2000
    I liked it.

11. ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA

ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    when obi-wan said "evasive action" some of the clone ships did move out of the way (although not by a whole lot) and explosions filled the sky where they once were. I was also kind of confused as to why a lone droid would tell himself roger roger, unless he was talking to the sniper?...

12. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    > The droid says 'Roger roger' but who is he talking to?

Probably they are being "commanded" by someone.

> Obi-Wan shouts 'Evasive action' but nobody really does anything. The ships don't try to dodge or anything.

Yes, they do, very clearly too, watch it again. (I recoreded it in my computer, similar to Tivo :)

13. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    What are Geonosian fighters doing at Muunilist? And if you notice, either the Geonosian fighters or the Republic fighters sound like TIE fighters when they shoot. Whay's up with that?

Well the Geonosians are clearly on the side of the separatists. It makes sense they would dispatch a battle group of Geo Fighters to protect Muunliist, or to intercept the Republic forces.

The Geo Fighters' lasers sounded identical to TIE Fighters in AOTC as well.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    And if you notice, either the Geonosian fighters or the Republic fighters sound like TIE fighters when they shoot. Whay's up with that?

One of them's probably being manufactured by Sienar, right?

And the droid saying "roger roger" is interesting because we don't know if he was thinking for himself, or taking orders from someone.

15. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    T-Minus 1 minute until Hyperspace download.

16. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    LOL I just finished watching/taping Chapter 2 and Hayden should sue for how they made Ani's voice!! He sounds like a boy in the middle of voice change!! I couldn't help but laugh "Ooohhh!" when Obi-Wan burnt him with his zinger about his maturity. But, it won't be the last time Obi-Wan burns him.. [face_plain]

Don't get me wrong, the CW shorts have been good so far.

17. JediObiWan_1387

JediObiWan_1387 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    With Quicktime pro you can save quicktime movies on your com and then export them to files that can burn to DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the show is over I will amkea DVD.

I LOVE QUICKTIME!

18. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    So you think the blue ARC troopers are like Non-coms, the red like officers, the white is obviously privates.

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I was also kind of confused as to why a lone droid would tell himself roger roger

Don't battledroids say "rogerroger" for no good reason on several occasions in TPM?

Maybe it's like "gonk"? Just some dumb droid sound they make at irregular intervals.

:p

20. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    It seems HS are doing it at 8:30 instead of 8:20 as advertised.

21. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    And the droid saying "roger roger" is interesting because we don't know if he was thinking for himself, or taking orders from someone.

You just had to open that can of worms, didn't you?? ;)

I just assumed he was receiving orders from either inside that palace, or from somewhere else transmitted directly into his head.

22. ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA

ILLUSIVE_GIUSTRA Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    roger roger indeed

23. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    Download now!

24. Mace_Windoo

Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Woohoo!!! :D