main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 2 (Assault on Muunilinst, Part II) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jp-30, Nov 9, 2003.

1. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    ..trust the boy to make the right decisions ?

What? Anakin proved in AOTC that his decision making process is very flawed. He still has much to learn. Obi-wan is right.

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    What? Anakin proved in AOTC that his decision making process is very flawed. He still has much to learn. Obi-wan is right.

Yeah well if Obi-Wan had taught him properly then maybe he wouldn't have made such flawed decisions.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > Dude... it's not clever editing at all. It's just one massive continuity error.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see today's episode.

The red ARC trooper clearly pops his head out of the downed Gunship about 3:15 mins in. i.e., it's his blue ARC Gunship that has gone down. But it's painted red in the frames prior to that.

I don't think there's anything saying certian coloured troopers only travel in certain coloured gunships Gunships.

There could still be 2 different gunships. The ol' switcheroony, it's a classic TV show & movie serial device - see also the basket switch in Raider of the Lost Ark...

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/starwars/differentgunships.jpg]

Guess we'll find out tonight.

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I cant really see what you guys are going about there, there is no continuity error.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Look again at my montage... the gunship changes colour as it flies through the city. I'm hoping it's 2 different gunships, edited to mislead the viewer.

If not, it's a huge screw-up.

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I know these are discussion forums, and that this is one of the main points of the cartoon, but I can't believe how many people are slagging off Obi-Wan's methods of teaching as if it's something new ;)
    I think we gathered from AotC how terse their relationship can be. And we know that Anakin probably shouldn't have been trained, epecially by a newly-knighted Jedi. But these things did happen. The path of the Hero is never smooth. Otherwise he wouldn't be a hero, he'd just be a smart-arse ;)
    And obviously it's leading up to a big barney in EpIII. We've all know for years that they're going to fall out, and I think we all know that it's not going to be over who gets the last biscuit! :p

I'm not having a pop, the conversation just seems a little involved at this stage for the CW thread. It seems more suited to the Ep1 or 2 forums.

Loved Chapter 2 btw.

Peace out,
    B.
    {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    It's not Obi-wan's fault that Anakin doesn't listen to him.

"No, he will not be trained...he's too old" - Master Windu

I hope the color change on the ship is intentional to indicate a bait and switch on part of the ARC troopers. I would forgive the slip if it is one.

Maybe the blue paint got blown off or turned red during the explosion ;)

8. I-S-G_CRYNYD

I-S-G_CRYNYD Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I hope the color change on the ship is intentional to indicate a bait and switch on part of the ARC troopers

I would also like that "bait ship" idea. It would be a good strategy. Moreover, look at the blue smoke coming from the back of the red ship. Couldn´t it be a decoy for tricking the ground droid troops while the real blue ship goes inside?

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Hopefully it is a decoy, but I get the feeling it's more of a mistake.

10. ephontmon

ephontmon Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    i jus watched with commentary looks like they messed up with the color but big deal u try doing an animated short without a few minor screwups

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Or perhapes the color change is something to make us fans worry over...

12. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't think there's anything saying certian coloured troopers only travel in certain coloured gunships Gunships.

check the Clone Wars website at cartoonnetwork.com. ARC Troopers have separate gunships which are a different color.

13. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Just watched the episode for the 3rd time. Its absolutly awesome already :D.

I think this is a blooper. Just like in chapter 1 with the droids: I mean they are either very quick or they can teleport theirselfs back to padme's room.

14. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Well, one thing we do know is that there is one RED Arc Trooper and two BLUE ones.
    You see them at the beginning when Obi-Wan briefs them.

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    why do that when you can get them online already?

The Red ARC Trooper is a Captain, and the Blues are the regulars...

Are you sure that there's only two? There's like three or four in the transport when we see them there.

EDIT: There's two in one shot then three in another, just after that, then we see one after they crash.

16. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    The way I see the Obi-Wan/Anakin/Lack of Confidence percption is like this.

Anakin knows (thinks) he is the best. He knows he is the Chosen One. Palpatine has been feeding him lines like "I forsee you will be the greatest of all Jedi."

Yet the one person that should be seeing it, too, Obi-Wan, his master, doesn't see it.

And Padmé says it in AOTC "Sometimes our mentors have a way of seeing something in us we do not" or something like that. I think that is an important line in the relationship of AS/OWK. Obi-Wan sees Anakin's potential, and Anakin is to self-assured that he is already the greatest.

If he truley has passed obi-wan (in many ways) why is he unable to beat him?

17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that Obi-Wan knows this more than anyone, but the point isn't power, it's mental maturity. Anakin might be the most powerful, but he just isn't ready for it.
    Palpatine isn't helping anything by feeding him praise all the time.

18. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I just saw Chapter 2 and it was really cool.I really liked seeing the ARC troopers and all those gunships flying through the air.

19. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    What if the paint job changes color at different angles?

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    ^^^^ [face_laugh]

> Just like in chapter 1 with the droids: I mean they are either very quick or they can teleport theirselfs back to padme's room.

There was a delay between Anakin throwing the cape, and him taking off. Enough time for the droids to get to the viewing window. :p

21. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    wow the second episode was really awesome. the dvd for this show can't come fast enough

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I love the part in Chapter 1 when Yoda was riding on the Taun Taun and that really got stuck in my head.

It was *NOT* a Taun Taun... :)

If you look at it carefully you'll see the horns point upward. Taun-taun's horns point downward.

And if you have HS and listen to the commentary track, they say the name of the animal...

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    And they're native to Hoth, which I believe was unknown at the time.

24. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It was *NOT* a Taun Taun...

If you look at it carefully you'll see the horns point upward. Taun-taun's horns point downward.

And if you have HS and listen to the commentary track, they say the name of the animal...

It's called a Kibuck.

25. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    woot yep and oinly an hour and a half till the next one! :)