main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Sam

Sam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Yoda's expression! Priceless! HAHAHA

2. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I kinda doubt it- If his brain or parts of him were from a Jedi, why didn't he use the force in that fight. It definitely would have gone faster...

Simple there wasn't enough of his body left for him to tap into his force powers. HIs mind was willing, but there was no flech and blood to provide the conduit. Vader has a lot more human components in him that CG does. In fact there is some evidence to suggest that Vaderundergoes a power-down as a result of his transformation. CG is a brain plugged into a driods body, big difference.

3. Sup3rfly

Sup3rfly Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Man Grievous is one bad-ass character.

But I really dilike the wolfman jedi, especially his name he is a wolfman and is called Volfie Mon or sumthing thats just unoriginal and bad name.

Clone Wars is the best thing that has happened to Star Wars since the muppet show special :)

4. yayo

yayo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 1999
    Asajj's ship, which Anakin later commandeered, sounded a lot like a TIE fighter upon my second viewing.

5. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Did anyone else think that padawan looked like Shaggy??

6. one-jedi

one-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    The General was quite cool, I loved the episode tho I must admit I personally didn't see that the general should have been to much problem for that many jedi, tho the point of the episode was to show how bad ass he is supposed to be.

7. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    The padawan is the Star Wars version of Shaggy, I think. :p If you look into the Star Wars databank, his name is Shaa'Gi.

8. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Like with many other people out there, I was very skeptical about the introduction of general Grievous. This, the final chapter of Clone Wars, totally changed my mind. Finally someone that could show that the Jedi weren't omnipotent or invincible, a genuine threat. I'm really looking forward to see what he can accomplish in Episode III.
    It was great to see Ki Adi Mundi getting into the action. That poor Shaggy, uh, I mean Shaa'Gi, was he really a suitable Padawan?

9. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    just finished watching 20 on cn.com. pretty good stuff. i wasn't that scared of grievous. i think i was distracted by my concern for shaak ti, heh. although, by everyone's comments i see that she survived, so that is good.

10. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    All of my words posted here are available for quoting, so long as I'm sourced

Well.. there it is :p

11. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Man oh man......

GRIEVIOUS OWNS (but that was already stated about 100 times...)
    Ki-Adi Owns (again, 100x)
    Shaggy.......erm......deserved what he got.

12. Rahtamah

Rahtamah Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    IMO GG=Sifo-Dyas

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I just loved watching Grievous move - he was really fun to just watch, moreso than even a hot exotic naked dancer.

Well, I guess I know where my loyalties lie.

14. Darth_MAD

Darth_MAD Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2003
    Episode 3 Spoilers. Stop.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Obi-Wan simply and clearly stated that Vader merely helped the Empire hunt down and kill the remaining Jedi. Had Obi-Wan said that Vader killed every single Jedi, well then I'd have issues with Grievous. But as it stands, that's not the case.

16. KCWM

KCWM Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2004
    Attempting to start a canon war. This cartoon is EU. Get over it. Please stop.

17. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    In a previous episode, Mace made the bolts of a super battle droid come out making him fall to pieces. What's so different about GG? Why couldn't Ki Adi Mundi not do the same thing? Grevious is mostly, after all, bits of metal.

And on a same note, couldn't the Jedi do a Three Stooges poke in the eyes using the Force?

18. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Did anyone notice the smile on Obi-Wan's face when he said "hold your fire, captain"?

I think he's proud of his padawan, and just won't show it to Anakin's face.

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    No, I think he was just happy because his Padawan was alive. He had returned safely.

20. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    These cartoons could alter the EU. We don't know because we haven't heard anything from GL directly. These do have the LFL on it and the comics/books/etc don't. We shall all see in time. Just because the fanboys/fangirls say something is so according to the EU doesn't make it so.

Pardon? The comics and books are definitely in with LFL. LFL?s plan for the Episode III lead-up has comics, books and the Clone Wars show all working together. Whether or not you like it, the EU is all part of the same continuity and believe it or not there are no changes necessary in the rest of the EU due to Clone Wars.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>These do have the LFL on it and the comics/books/etc don't.<<

I guess you overlooked the Lucasbooks and various Lucasfilm copyright info printed in every comic and book.

You mistakeningly believe that the cartoon is not EU. It is, in fact, EU. Just as a SW book or comic is written by someone other than Lucas, these cartoons were made by someone other than Lucas. It's just a different medium.

The only reason there's a LFL logo on these cartoons is that they are a film/TV medium. And film/TV SW product, EU or not, is released through Lucasfilm. Just like how SW video game product are released under the Lucasarts label, and so on.

In the end, the cartoon is supervised/approved by the same people looking over the books, comics and everything else. As such, they are bound the rest of the EU like any other EU source.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Watching this chapter again- Grievous has alot of sweet moves, but I think my favorite part beyond that is when he starts rotating his wrists while holding those two sabers and you get those two reaction shots from Ki-Adi and Shaak Ti that express "just what the hell is this thing?!"...such a great moment ::)

23. KCWM

KCWM Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2004
    But at the same time...the average SW fan is not going to have read the comics and/or books...but will catch these cartoons

introducing the directions that the CW cartoon took and then having the later EU come back and say "yeah well these things didnt happen how you think they happened because you didnt read this little books and comics" is going to alienate more fans than it is going to win over...

Continuing attempting to start a canon war.

24. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    On a lighter note, wouldn't it be great if Sha'a Gi and company captured General Grievous:

Ki-Adi: Yes General Kenobi, the true identity of GG is...(removes helmet)
    JEDI: Chancellor Palpatine!!!!

(long-winded explaination of how TPM was going to lead to the Empire)

Palatine: And I would have gotten away with it...if not for you meddling kids!

((Scooby-Doo emerges))
    SCOOBY-DOOBY_DOOOOO! :D

25. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't know how so many of you can in this forum can be spoiler free for Episode III. [face_shocked]

Kudos to all of you. I know I couldn't do it.

With the temptation of coming here to talk about the cartoons, I know that I wouldn't be able to resist the pull of the dark side. Luckily, I was spoiled a very long time ago. ;)

You are a tougher lot to be sure.