main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The republic realy got a lot of renforcements didn't they? I mean there were at least twice as many crusers in that scene than when they came out of hyperspace in Chapter 2. Did K'Kruhk die or not? We see him in the comics before this. The OS databank says "K'Kruhk was gravely wounded in battle with the General."

When they changed from Ki-adi to Yoda, I was so mad. I wanted to see how the Jedi escaped. When Yoda came on I was thiking THANKS FOR THE WEATHER REPORT, CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK TO GG?

It was so annoying.

2. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    OK, I may be on my own on this, but I didn't like Grievious that much. I was all tense and stuff when they were waiting for him to get to the ship, then, when he finally did, he fought too cartoony (yes, I know it's a cartoon :p ). Some of the stuff he did I was like, WTH is that. Like the spinning the sabers like a buzz saw. And I thought he had 4 arms, and didn't use his legs to hold a saber. I mean, it seemed like the Yoda fight times 1000 in the goofiness factor.

Edit: I knew he could split his arms, I still think it's kinda corny to have him use his feet. He basically reminded me of a monkey on a really bad acid trip.

[ [] |_ |>

3. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    He can split his arms in two. If you look at the cover of the newest SW Insider, you can see where thet split.

4. AnakinAdam87

AnakinAdam87 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    YES! All the episodes air tonight! I've totally missed Season 2 on TV. General Grievous, DAMN!

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Did K'Kruhk die or not?<<

Survived- is in Republic 63.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Did anyone else find Grievous' voice harder to hear than the other voices in Chapter 20?

I don't know if it's because they probably had to hastily re-record his voice to be higher-pitched and more gravelly, as others have pointed out.

I just found at the volume level I was listening to, which was great for the rest of the chapter, was too low for Grievous.

7. MasterThunder

MasterThunder Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2004
    For those that want to know,
    Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura and K'Kruhk survived.

8. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I loved it, but it would've been better if they made a little preview of EPIII from what they have already filmed after the episode.

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Shaak Ti also lives. She appears in the battle of Brentaal IV one month after enconteing GG.

10. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    Best music of the series, IMO...

>edit: naturally excluding the John Williams music in Chapter 1

11. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    In reply to Garth_Maul's post:

"Did anyone else find Grievous' voice harder to hear than the other voices in Chapter 20?"

I agree it was hard to hear some of what he was saying. I tried putting on the captions on my TV and there was one section of the dialogue that it didn't show at all. Was this done purposely?

12. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am with those who were not impressed with GG.

I know this is a cartoon and all the characters do cartoony things, but I think since this is how I was introduced to GG that my fear will be with me till i see the film.

However, I really liked this series.

13. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    In the part where he goes upsie-down, he flows too nicely. He's a machiene for crying out loud!

14. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Part machine...

and besides, not all droids have to be jerky...

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I can't think of one's that move so fluidly though. Just not mechine like. Not even some living being could do that. Only water.

16. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Maybe he's just well oiled ;)

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Well oiled, or elastic? :)

18. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    I could hear Grevious just fine, understood every word he said!

His volume was just alot lower cuz he was speaking loudly to the Jedi from a distance. :)

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I guess it's just too many years of too loud guitar playing for me. ;)

I actually found the graceful aspect of Grievous more surprising and impressive than the "Spinarama-Death-Maneuver-of-Death" moves.

He's part droid, so the spinny thing was foreseeable.

But I too thought he would be less...agile.

Impressive. Most impressive. :D

20. messwalker

messwalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    OK... GG maybe a super robot which can move very very fast... but we are talkinag about 5 Jedis vs 1 cyborg..... Actually, I can't see why those Jedi cannot use their force to push him or break the cybory into parts like Mace Windu did in Dantooine.....

Besides the spinning arms & legs and quick action GG has, what else special ability he has to convince people that he is a deadly being which can kill so many Jedi???

21. Jobi-Won

Jobi-Won Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    Dam...well i don't know about you guys, but that episode made me feel really bad for the Jedi. I hope we get to see that ruthless Cyborge get his a$$ kicked!

22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow, chapter 19 was pretty cool, but this was definately my fav! I thought GG was great. Sure he was kinda corny when he started fighting, but I think that's harder to avoid in a cartoon; I liked his voice too. I expected it to be low, but high and metallic was very eerie; it reminded me of nails grinding on a chalkboard!

Ghost_Jedi: Ditto on Shaggy! His real name (Sha'a Gi) is pretty similar too!

23. spepper

spepper Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    ahhhh....perhaps Grievious IS Sith...using the lightsabers of dead Jedi....note the "non-red" colors of the ones he/she/it wielded....there appears to be organic flesh inside that armor plating!

24. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001

Was that a Noghri Jedi in the crash site?

25. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    If your talking about K'Kruhk, the guy who's shirt got blown off, then he's a Whiphid.