main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Plurimus

Plurimus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 1999
    Destroyer Droids in TPM caused Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to run off.

I'm one of those people that say you don't need the Force to wield a lightsaber (the Force enhances your skills), but there should be something said for the fact that Grievous is part alien (organic) and not completely a machine.

From what I understand (though this may not be true), GL supposedly said create me a droid general, not create me a cyborg general. If wielding a lightsaber were only about fast reflexes, then droids (in the futuristic SW universe) could beat humans/aliens hands down. If wielding a lightsaber required intuition (which is my whole shtick about Jedi fighting), then an alien cyborg is the answer.

[I still think a Force poke in the eyes would provide enough of a distraction for others to get a good plug at GG.]

2. roterhahn

roterhahn Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Best Star Wars story since Empire. By leaps and force-assited bounds. The Clone Wars cartoon is exactly of what I dreamed of seeing since I was a little kid. It's exactly the way the Prequels SHOULD have been.

The only problem I have with this series is that it causes the Movie Prequels to pale even further by comparison.

I look forward to more Star Wars cartoons. I wait pasively, and passionlessly, for any more Star Wars movies.

3. darthdemon11

darthdemon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004

It's over already! NO! I love the series it can't be over! Well, at least nobody I like dies in this episode, EX: Shaak'Ti,Alaya,Ki Adi,Anyway, it was one cool episode, more sabers than any other, I love the part when G.G. threw Alaya and that other guy through the cieling. SWEET

PS: Who was that big furry guy that got split in half by Greivous?

4. GVOILUMINATI

GVOILUMINATI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2004
    This episode was great, i think the 19th episode was the best , but this one leaves you beaging and screaming for EPISODE 3!!.

I think, for his own sake, Lucas is going to make cinema history with EPISODE 3, and will make the fans happy again with the saga.

Good luck everybody!

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    This was a really nice tide us over for Episode III.

6. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Did they already get rid of the clone wars site on cartoonnetwork.com? I watched the first 19 there and was planning on seeing 20 there too. What's the deal?

7. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    The 3SA mod cavalry has been called in.

heh

!snap

8. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Grevious is not reborn Maul or anything like that. When ILM as making the model for him, they put on Mauls eyes as a joke. Later they asked GL if they could keep them on, but GL said no. Not to mention his pupils are slits (this isn't just in the cartoon, I got this from SW Insider), not round like Maul's. The Syfo-Dias issue is still up for discussion.

9. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    Vader is supposed to be the one who hunts down and destroys the Jedi, not some super-cyborg.

While Grievous might be an interesting enough character and fun to watch in EpIII, I'm concerned about this having the potential to become an issue of dissonance between the OT and the PT.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As a note: there were about 9,000 Jedi at the time of AOTC. 200 of them died in the arena on Geonosis (approx.)... that leaves 8,800.

GG has thus far killed like three of them. Let's not freak out, okay? ;)

11. old_fool_obi-wan

old_fool_obi-wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2004
    I didn't like the Fans choice wolfman cause all he did was destroy a few droids then stood there watching troopers fight and then he celebrated.

The jedi that was sabered Greivous looked like an actual Samurai Jack character.

The one with the wraps on his head was like a villain from Big O.

Aayla was hot!

The scared padawan looked, talked and sounded like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I kept expecting him to say "ZOINKS" and everytime they showed him i laughed.

Aayla was hot!

Shaak and Ki were tight!

Aayla was hot!

All the jedi were cool but i just didn't like the wolfman.

oh and did i mention Aayla was HOT!

12. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Let's not freak out, okay?

No freaking out yet, just some concern.

13. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm not so sure I like this new super-enemy they've created. Vader is supposed to be the one who hunts down and destroys the Jedi, not some super-cyborg.

I think the key word there is 'hunts'. The Jedi don't need to be hunted down right now, they are not hard to find. When they go into hiding or whatever between 3 and 4 (or during 3, I don't know) I imagine Vader will hunt the remaining Jedi down. And remember he helps the "Empire", not the Republic or Seperatists as it stands right now.

14. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    oh and did i mention Aayla was HOT!

She is even hotter in person.

!snap

15. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, when I watched the ep. again, I have a new reason for hating GG. My new fave in the whole series is Tarr Seir and I was MAD when he was killed. Also, I thought it was cool that he was a Cerean,(or so I assume by that dome on his head) because that is my favorite SW alien species. As for now, GG MUST DIE!!!!

16. Toshi-Ro_Mifune

Toshi-Ro_Mifune Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2003
    His origin may not yet be known, but I think the General was trained by Mr. Miyagi.

His 3-saber stance in the last scene put me in mind of Daniel-san's retarded attempt at the Crane during the final fight of Karate Kid.

17. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    This micro series blew away my expectations. A lot of very creative people made this thing fly. I thought it would be a dinky, forgettable blip...kinda like AOTC. This one-hour long cartoon was twice as interesting as the overlong Episode II! The characters, even the clones, had more personality than the film versions. Even though some complain about Durge, Ventress, or General Grievous as being over-the-top, at least something exciting happened. And the director of Clone Wars wasn't afraid to use up air time with atmosphere, which must also be praised.

18. hbmartin

hbmartin Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    >> oh and did i mention Aayla was HOT!
    Yes, you did.
    Did I mention that Shaak Ti or Luminara Unduli could win a duel with her any day?

19. old_fool_obi-wan

old_fool_obi-wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2004
    But seriously. that dude was like shaggy from scooby doo.

20. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    One of my questions was answered about Nute Gunray in chapter 20 , but one left . Was this werewolf in the begining Lak Sivrak ?

21. masterheiros

Nov 10, 2003
    No, he was chosen by the fans in a poll by Cartoon Network. His name is Volvif Monn or something like that. I think he was'nt too great because he only killed a few droids, let the clones handle the rest, and then wave his lightsaber in the air and celebrate. It would have been amusing if he had swung it and given himself a nice haircut [face_devil]

22. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    No, he was chosen by the fans in a poll by Cartoon Network.

Do you know who else were options on this poll? I never saw the poll itself, but I remember reading some post on here that said one of the "hammerhead" aliens was one of the options besides the wolf man. Were there any others?

23. masterheiros

Nov 10, 2003
    Yes, there were three choices. I didnt vote because I didnt like any of them. I think that the third option was some white hairy thing with spider-like eyes. I did not think that it was a good idea because then they would have to basically create a character and somewhat alter things in the storyline.

24. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Thanks for the info .

25. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    EDIT: So has anyone heard if we will see the end of the fight in comic/EU form?

Just wanted to chime in my late 2cents on what an excellent and well made chapter this was. The set up and pacing at the beginning as the droids and GG surround the Jedi hiding in the downed cruiser's ruins was just downright creepy. GG himself was just an excellent villian.

When I first heard about him I hated the idea and wrote him off as just an "action figure." But after seeing more and more of the concept art and then ep 20, I'm sold and and eating a big Crow pie. John Dimaggio did a great job as both Grevious and Sha'gi'. (sp?) :p

If he's this frightening in animated form imagine how he will be in the film itself!