main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    This episode rocked. Shag-ii's (sp) fear was the ebodiment of what GG is to the Jedi. Absolutely amazing. He's a Hork-Bajir Buzzsaw dicer slicer mixer with lightsabers. The handstand looked sorta silly, but...wow. He just back flipped Ayla and the other conehead into the ceiling. And Ki-Adi trying to keep order.. and then he faces off Grievous alone. Yoda senses the massacre that has happened.I liked how he opened up, sorta like a crab (?), coming out of his shell, claws and spikes ready...you get what im saying. O fcourse, after he FLATTENS Shag-ii. He got owned. Lol, of course, so did the Ki-Adi Clone and the Brute Jedi.

So will Shaak, Ki, Ayla, and the rest of those not be in EpIII?

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I know what you mean, Dashy.

I don't think we should have seen GG at his baddest. Just see enough to know how bad he can be. And to see the fear he instills in others.

Great job on the voice too! Not too Vader like.

3. DJJaded

DJJaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    I wasn't impressed either Yayo, read my previous post.

4. ig-812

ig-812 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2004
    does anyone here think gg may be a little too powerful?

don't get me wrong he does rock the cantina!

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Where is the conclusion? In Episode III :)

This is it folks. The last stretch of prequel anticipation starts now, and will be forever extinguished May 19th 2005.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

6. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    That was freakin' AWESOME!!!! :)

Grievous was great! I loved how he took on all the Jedi alone, and they seemed quite afraid of him (or concerned). And the tension that was built up when they could hear his footsteps as he was approaching was very cool.

The series definitely went out with a bang. I really hope they do a season 3 and beyond.

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    WOW!!!

Hyperspace, 8:20... please come soon :D

This episode sounds Awesome, I can't wait!!!

8. IceMan00004

IceMan00004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Wow Grievous is awesome, but now that I think about it the Cartoon always has really exaggerated certain things compared to the movies.

9. Master_Ohri_Meton

Master_Ohri_Meton Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2004
    It is kinda sad, however, we knew it was coming. The Jedi were all great! I especially liked the Whipid (if that is what he was). Greivous is awesome! I had some reservations about seeing him first in the cartoon, but it did him justice!

10. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Awesome!

I wonder how exaggerated his skills are for the cartoon? Obviously, the skills of the Jedi have been taken beyond the movie skills in the cartoon, so we can only assume the same is true for Grievous.

I have to say...on the big screen, if he is like the cartoon, he will be great. But who could possibly defeat him? Anakin? Obi-Wan?

I'm thinking now that he probably is the one who kills Mace.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    They are all in Episode 3. Aayla, Shaak and Ki-Adi-Mundi.

EDIT: it's up on HS now!!!!

12. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    With braces and neck guards. I can sorta understand Ayla surviving, she only got thrown up a couple stories into the ceiling, then probably fell back down. You can even make a case for the Shaak, with a lightsaber across the stomach/shoulder, w/e.

But upon his arrival, Grievous announces that he will kill the Jedi in the ship. SO HOW COULD KI ADI SURVIVE? I'm not sure about this one.

13. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Wowowowowow

It is all that I can say, man that was crazy!!!! :D

14. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!! OM#G!!!!! [face_laugh]

I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed here, but Grievous is the stupidest thing I have ever seen! I was on the floor in stitches when he started wielding sabers with his feet like a damn chimp! I've loved this season, don't get me wrong, but Grievous is just lame. I mean, he killed Shaak Ti!!

And wtf is up with his voice?!?! The way he purred his name. It was just hilarious!

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Vader is supposed to be the one who hunts down and destroys the Jedi, not some super-cyborg. <<

No, Vader only helps the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi [face_batting]

>>Well, at least we know that Ki-Adi, Aayla, and Shaak Ti live. What about K'Kruhk? Does he show up later? <<

Yeah, K'Kruhk survived- those he was "gravely wounded" according to his databank entry.

Bacta's a many splendored thing, ain't it ? ::)

16. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Comon, Hyperspace!!!

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So Barrek, Sha'gi and Tarr Seirr are confirmed dead.
    Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi are confirmed NOT dead.
    K'Kruhk is listed as "gravely wounded."

18. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    wait- do mundi, shak and segura live??? I thought they did- cuz segura is cool- but its pretty hard to live through that! i thought at least kiadi should die.... if we could see al ittle more fighting, i would have loved the end!

>>Still Grevious is cool I guess........ but he can't touch Durge.<<

I thought so too- but now im not sure... most sources say that if durges injuries get too large- (though i dont know waht is large anymore) he has not hiberante them oof- so i guess SOMEHOW it is possible for durge to die. I mean, grievous is just so damn fast! but i am glad to know that i have been pronouncing his name right.

so after all this, i just have a few questions?
    does kiadi live?
    does obi wan come for help?
    will allya be ok?
    ANY WHY DOESNT OBI WAN GHETTO SLAP ANAKIN FOR HIS DOINGS????

ok, that last one was just a fantasy of mine :p

19. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    WOW! This episode really surprised me, you actually felt bad for those Jedi at the end, Grievous is unstoppable. He could swing sabers superfast, can use lightsabers with feet, can battle Jedi while he stands on his head, can cling to walls, he's a giant, and just cool looking! I actually felt bad for those Jedi, I felt sorry for them, and so far these cartoons haven't made me sympathize with any of the characters.

20. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    My favorite part was probably when Grievous tossed Aayla and the other Jedi (I forget which one) up through the ship with his feet.

And the voice of Grievous was very cool, too.

21. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    >>you actually felt bad for those Jedi at the end<<

hell no! Go grievous!!!!!

22. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    [Edit] Episode III Spoilers mentioned

23. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I know TFAW's planning on a comic in June that continues the story we saw in the series. Hopefully we'll find out then, though we already know Aayla, Shaak Ti, K'kruhk, and Ki will make it out of there. K'kruhk shows up in Republic 63, if anyone's wondering. Though I think they're all gonna need a long dip in the bacta tank before they can get back out there.

Speaking of Aayla, I know there are those of you who think Padmé looked better in the cartoon than she did in the movies. I really can't say the same thing applies to Aayla. And I think Shaak Ti looks younger in the cartoon than she did in the movie and comics.

We can't deny Sha'a Gi was as tense as Shaagy is whenever they're afraid.

As for Grievous, he certainly created a situation for the Jedi that matched his name. If he can fight with three sabers at once, makes you wonder how anyone can stop him. As far as I'm concerned, only Mace, Yoda, or someone who has more than two arms and can fight with a lightsaber in each of them has a chance against Grievous.

Now why didn't Voolvif Monn howl in victory, and I mean literally howl like a wolf. He's a wolfman after all.

24. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Simple...

He ran. :D

The move he used to take out K'Kruk was SO sweet! And by that I mean sweeter than all his other sweet moves! :p K'Kruk went for one of his blades, and then he dropped the blade, slashed him with the other, picked up the fallen blade, and sliced him again with it. :D

He attacks by

1: Rotating his torso (saber tornado)
    2: Rotating his arms (two saber tornados)
    3: Rapid coordinated blocks along with a furious offensive.
    4: Using his droid strength for physical blows.

His reaction times are SO FAST he can DODGE a force push.

I guess this answers the question many had about why the Jedi simply didn't TK him. They can't, he's too fast to "get a lock on".

Sweet! I loved seeing how the Battle Of Munnalist ended too. It was nice to see Anakin and Obi Wan make up. That Wolf Jedi was pretty neat too, I'm glad he won that contest.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> K'Kruhk is listed as "gravely wounded."<<

He is a confirmed survivor- he's seen about 3 months later in Jedi: Dooku, and one year after the cartoon in Republic #63