Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    "...I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed here, but Grievous is the stupidest thing I have ever seen!"

Blasphemer! ;)

Man, it's downloading a lot quicker than usual on HyperSpace tonight. :) I figured this would be the slowest one, considering it's massive coolness.
  2. Obi-Wan21 Force Ghost

star 4
    OMF!!!!!!! That was the best episode!!! Grievous kicks ass completely!!!

Fave quote-"But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will Grant you a Warrior's Death."

His voice was done perfectly and the animation was top-notch! I loved the three Lightsaber thing! And the ending was spectacular! I loved how they switched to Yoda at that moment Ki-Adi was gonna get it. Of course he didn't but it's stiil great! I can see why he is feared so much by the Jedi. He's the most deadly hunter ever. Who needs Dooku or Asajj?! The close up on the eye was done amazing too, he looks fearful. He's just so amazing!!!!!! :cool:
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>As far as I'm concerned, only Mace, Yoda, or someone who has more than two arms and can fight with a lightsaber in each of them has a chance against Grievous.<<

A pitty Yarael Poof is dead- he could have done it!!

(he did have 4 arms afterall)
  4. DarthSithLord Force Ghost

star 4
    Well Grevious's fighting looks cool in cartoon.

Removed minor E3 spoilers
  5. plutoneam Jedi Knight

star 3
    I knew it, I knew it all along.

When I walked in to see TPM, and when Ki-Adu-Mundi (sp) appeared on screen, I thought to myself, "Hey! I bet this guy gets killed by a robot in a cartoon."
  6. Darth-sennin Jedi Master

star 3
    Is there any EU that takes place where this episode leaves off? I wanna know what hapens to these guys immediatley after, even if they all survive.
  7. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
  8. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    "His voice was done perfectly and the animation was top-notch!"

Yeah, the voice was great. It sounded a lot better than the commercials, I thought.
  9. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    bash him out of here!!!!!!
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Since this is this event's debut in the EU, there is no other EU on it's resolution yet, other than the new databank entries.
  11. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    "I knew it, I knew it all along.

When I walked in to see TPM, and when Ki-Adu-Mundi (sp) appeared on screen, I thought to myself, "Hey! I bet this guy gets killed by a robot in a cartoon.""

[face_laugh]

12. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Question here - the Jedi named Sha'a Gi...is this guy a reference to Shaggy? He looks just like him! Same foolish scared expression and all. It's got to be a Scooby-Doo joke. And the name is just a Star Wars spelling of Shaggy.

"Look Scoob...a G-G-G-G-G-G-Grievous!!!!!!!!! Zoinks!"
  13. Ph0enix Jedi Master

star 4
    Ki, Aayla, and K'Kruhk all survive afterwards, as they appear in later comics...

EDIT: Oops, already been said...
  14. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    KEEP EPISODE III SPOILERS OUT OF THIS THREAD! :mad:
  15. plutoneam Jedi Knight

star 3
    All right, now.

Please do not discuss bootlegging here.
  16. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    "KEEP EPISODE III SPOILERS OUT OF THIS THREAD!"

Where?

I haven't seen any yet. But I haven't read every post yet, either.
  17. PowerfulAnakin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Grevious might be good at taking out lots of second rate jedi. But theres no way he could beat Anakin, Mace, Obi-Wan, or Yoda.

No even HINTING at spoilers, please.
  18. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    Grevious simply kicks ass. Since we all can find out what he looks like, the following SPOILERS will tell you how he fights.

Mods, please don't smite me with your wrath.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Now that that's out of the way... (And BTW, when you see SUPER SPOILERS, it means I'm about to describe something that's so cool you should probably skip it to capture the majesty of it yourself.)

As you may have guessed from the pictures, Grevious is multi-dexterous. His feet work just as well as his hands, he can fight with a lightsaber, and even grapple with them.

SUPER SPOILERS: He does several back flips, switching sabers from hands to feet. In addition, he grabs one jedi by the head with his foot, slams him into the ground, then chucks him off into the darkness. He also does a backflip, grabbing a jedi knight with his feet, before flinging the jedi after the previous one.

Since he's mostly machine, his body is incredibly adaptable, as most of the joints can rotate 360 degrees. Including his waist and wrists. He fights using two lightsabers, but has a belt-load of others that he can always use.

SUPER SPOILERS: He basically turns himself into a saber cyclone, creating a wall of blades as he moves around for a bit. He also can react to anything on any side of him, blocking and attacking in any direction.

His advanced mechanical strength and sharp talons on his limbs make him a formidable all-terrain combat soldier. He's got at least a 20 foot vertical leap and can climb walls.

SUPER SPOILERS: He does a rather kick-ass Alien style attack where he drops from the ceiling. In addition, he kills a jedi by jumping into the air and coming down on him from above.

Well, that's it for now, I suppose. The General definately kicks ass.
  19. Darth_Brimstone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow. Major spoilers. Buh-bye.

I normally don't watch these cartoons, but happened to walk past my kid watching it and saw Obi Wan in Storm trooper suit.

so I watched it and saw the back of Gen. Grevous.

the way he spun his torso so fast was amazing, and the ability he had to walk on the ceiling, as well as the way he squished the Padewan was nice touch.

I too was also expecting his "4-arms" to weild lightsabres and his one legged stance really blows.

but the way he spun the lightsabres in his hands was a faster version of Obi-wan in TPM.
  20. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    My HyperSpace commentary version is downloading fairly slow.

For anyone that's already seen/downloaded it, could you share any interesting bits of info that was revealed? :)
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Oh, and to anyone who still thinks Durge was killed in Chapter 9- the commentary confirms that they had originally planned to include some more wrap up on Durge in Chapter 20, but ran out of time.

So, he definiately was meant to survive Chapter 9.
  22. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    ooo, thats a spoiler- even though i already know it!
  23. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hoooo boy I can't stand up. Wow. I loved how it sort of played out like a horror movie. I'm completely impressed. Awesome villain. :)
  24. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still downloading the normal version. It's taking donks :(
  25. jabba_the_nut Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi-Wan was being a bit of a jerk, wasn't he? Particularly after sending all those poor clones needlessly to their deaths.

You know, somehow I was expecting a little bit more from the finale. That looked pretty cool but I'm not so big on these TEH ULT1M4T3 B@D@ZZ type badguys...

It was more like a commercial for Episode III than anything, and I'm getting sick of these quasi-spoilers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.