main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 20 ("The Jedi's Final Hour") [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Apr 7, 2004.

1. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    General Grievious? Youve got to be joking!! That is the STUPIDEST name for a character I have ever heard in all my years as a sw fan!!!! I sat there muttering nonsense like "jump you cone-headed...ouch" and "use that oversised lump on your head for something!". Soo happy that Ki-Adi-Mundi did not get killed by.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA...Grievious. But one question puzzles me:if...HAAAAAAAAAAA....Grievious did cut him with his lightsabers,would he still live? I ask this because the reason for I have found out that Ki-Adi has an extra heart contained in that growth on his head. Can ANYONE answer that?

2. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I have avoided this site except to talk about these cartoons in order to avoid the temptation of spoiling myself like i did for attack of the clones. While I still loved Ep II emmensly, this time i told myself i would be different. Yet, now seeing GG...I am more tempted then ever.. I must know more.

Anyway..back with Anakin and Obi-wan... I like the line where Obi Wan says he is concerned the Sith have so much interest in him...show Obi isn't totally oblivious.

Episode III spoilers. Buh-bye.

3. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    It's no more stupid a name than Darth Vader or Jabba the Hutt.

4. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Edited spoiler quoting.

Your not alone yayo. This was the only episode of CW I found dissappointing. I'm really not impressed with Grievous, he just seems like a character fans would dream up.

Ep19 was great though.

Edited moderate spoilers. Next one is a banning.

5. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    or how about Darth MAUL anyone?...TYRANUS...I mean its a bad guy name.. and hes mostly root.. so why does he care? lol

6. reducer46

reducer46 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2004
    Yeah, things were going down hill when they started naming the baddies based on real words. -Maul, Sidious (insidius), Tyranus (tyrant), Grievous, Bane. Vader might be based off of invader but I grew up with it and when it stands alone it isn't as obvious.

7. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I wouldn't say "downhill"

Just HEY KIDS....ITS the BAD GUY...psssssssst

Its time to booo and hissssss

8. snsh

snsh Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Why did they focus on General Grievous's foot in the end?
    Is that supposed to be his Achilles heel?

9. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh, and to anyone who still thinks Durge was killed in Chapter 9- the commentary confirms that they had originally planned to include some more wrap up on Durge in Chapter 20, but ran out of time.

They should have put him in tonight's chapter. He's one hell of a lot better than GG.

10. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "Why did they focus on General Grievous's foot in the end?"

I dunno.

It such a bad idea to introducing a new villian at this point, we all know that there is no chance he can survive Ep3 (cause we've seen the OT) so there is no real suspense, and they would of done better to just give Dooku more screen time.

Why couldn't it have been Dooku taking out swarms of Jedi? he is a super tough force user as we saw at the end of Ep2.

Instead of having one cool baddie we'll end up with two half assed ones.

11. EdinKun

EdinKun Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    That was an exceptional episode, and a great way to end one of the greatest science fiction action adventure cartoons of all time.
    Grevious was incredible, infact he almost looks instoppable. My favorite part was when he used his feet to throw the two jedi up into the ceiling. AMAZING.

Please o Please make more of this cartoons. So George Lucas if you are listening make more Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoons. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

12. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    General Grievious? Youve got to be joking!! That is the STUPIDEST name for a character I have ever heard in all my years as a sw fan!!!! I sat there muttering nonsense like "jump you cone-headed...ouch" and "use that oversised lump on your head for something!". Soo happy that Ki-Adi-Mundi did not get killed by.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA...Grievious. But one question puzzles me:if...HAAAAAAAAAAA....Grievious did cut him with his lightsabers,would he still live? I ask this because the reason for I have found out that Ki-Adi has an extra heart contained in that growth on his head. Can ANYONE answer that?

FINALLY someone agrees with me that GG is lame!!

13. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Aayla, Ki-Adi, and Shaak-Ti all live. Two of them are in specific Ep. III scenes that I can remember but will not mention in this forum.

This Sha'a Gi character looks a lot like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Coincidence? I think not!

EDIT: Lots of people already said the Shaggy thing. *shrugs*

14. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to more Clone Wars cartoons ... but I really love the 3-minute format. It makes them kind of special, and it captures the serial flavor that SW was always supposed to have.

15. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I couldn't be happier with the way the prequel era has been turning out. :D

My condolances to those of you who are't. :(

16. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I think...i mean how much could they really have told gendy about Grievious...i dunno...i think the guy who said he may be exagerated a little may be right..i think some people who dont like him here might like him in the film...and...

could someone pm me with my about my earlier question... I MUST KNOW!

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I guess if they act like they have at least HEARD of him.. that means we could see him more in toons, comics, and novels before the film comes out ...right?<<

You will see him in more material before the film comes out.

In fact, he's already appeared in the young readers novel Boba Fett #5: A New Threat (and will follow up in #6: Pursuit), as well as a few Holonet News articles in SW Insider (see pic below).

You'll probably see him in the Republic comics eventually, and maybe even in the Clone Wars Adventures comics.

There's also a possibility he'll show up in the untitled "bridge novel" that'll lead into Episode 3, and/or the 5-issue lead-in comic series to Episode 3.

From Holonet News #75:

[image=http://www.joecorroney.com/portfolio/Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art/75GeneralGrievousFinal.jpg]

18. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    "FINALLY someone agrees with me that GG is lame!!"

There are quite a few of us. From what i can tell its just going to be the fans that like GG. All my friends who are just casually into SW emailed me when the insider with GG on the cover came out.

The comments were all stuff like:

"Who is this guy? He looks ridiculous"

"Is this a joke?"

"SW is offically ruined"

"SW episode:crap"

and my personal favorite:

"So is GL preparing for a merchandise tie-in with BIONICLE???"

I just hope the rest of Ep3 is good (fingers crossed cause it sounds that way) because I have definite concerns about GG.

19. Captain-Casualties

Captain-Casualties Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2004
    Who is making fun of the good General's name? Shame on you!

Salute your General!

20. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    The link to the audio commentary has been removed :( but PH said thats will be back soon :-|

21. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    First everyone keeps saying Shaak Ti got pasted. She did not. Pause and frame advance that scene if you have HS. She forced or K.A. force pushed her away from the final strike Grevious threw down at her.

I just got to say I wasnt expecting Grevious to have gyroscopic action! This brings his threat level up so high! I mean I used to work in an apprentice program for a machinst entry, and all I could think about was the metal lathes and how if you were not careful around them- that they could litterally pull you in and rip off your arm if you ran you hand near it while it was milling. If these spinning arm blows dont knock a saber out of the jedi defenders hands it sure must hurt them to not lose it. I'm suprised they didnt show a hand breaking off defending against him. So we know his arms and his waist spin, and he looks heavy and his spine can curl into a perfect C and his feet are like hands also. I think those ear muffs are used for balance. I was so against his character too. I love this bastard now.

22. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    well its very cool to see more of him before the film..this is unprecedented..having a villian premier before the film like this...they really are pulling out all the stops for this last film it seems.

Edit: Oh and my question ahs been answered... thanks :)

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Sweet. :cool:

Hopefully we'll see how Ki-Adi made it out of that one in the Clone Wars Adventures comics.

And I find it amazing that people are already bashing a character that we've only seen in action in a CARTOON.

24. GrandAdmiralSchmiggy

GrandAdmiralSchmiggy Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2002
    Wow, just wow.

Sure it was a bit over the top, but then, it was a cartoon, and so was some of the other action in the series.

That being said, tone that down just a touch for the movie action of the general, and wow, i would still be super impressed...

though a good episode, i still would take #19 over this one... the emotion wrapped up into that was top notch.

25. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    "And I find it amazing that people are already bashing a character that we've only seen in action in a CARTOON."

So do I...

but don't you see? That's the beauty of it. Not everyone was even crazy about Darth Maul...and some people thought someone more like Ventress should have been there in place of Dooku. Now they have us arguing and anticpating.. or perhaps fearing a villian before we even really know him. Even the nay-sayers will have an idel curiosity as to what the film grievious is like...all genious if you ask me...and tells a good story too :)