Official Discussion-Clone Wars: Chapter 3 (ARC Troopers on the Move) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    uhhh

what does that have to do with anything?
  2. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    still its up

even though its says to edit all links

Quote from theforce.net a few days ago:

OK, Ghent from starwars.com has said that no direct links to the ~35MB AOL files are to be posted here. That also includes the sniffing and pasting of URLs embedded in Hyperspace pages.

You can discuss the US-only free smaller-screensize version on starwars.com and cartoonnetwork.com.

And Hyperspace members, I guess, can talk about how to retrieve the file from their cache and / or save the file using Quicktime Pro.
  3. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I have mixed feeling about this last episode with the ARCs. Episode 2 had an interesting "Black Hawk Down" feel. Then, I thought Episode 3 had a more "Full Metal Jacket" feel with the snipers. Watching the ARCs in battle were amazing. However, little was really done to push the story ahead. Perhaps Episode 2 & 3 could have been combined?
  4. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I dont get how this situation with the clonewars cartoon is ANY different with the webcam and behind the mask images and info from the set diaries, you always edited them and came hard under those that disobeyed the rules.

Whats the difference?
  5. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    --Originally posted by Sidious Onset-------------
    I'm still having trouble playing Chapter 3. Whenever
    I click on it a new window pops up and starts Chapter 2.
    ---------------------------------------------------

I had that too when I was using Mozilla to browse. I tried IE6 ( :mad: ) and it worked fine. Don't know why, it just did. :)
    I suppose IE has to be useful for something :p

Hope this helps,
    B.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  6. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I loved the episode. The only thing that bothered me was the use of hand signals while in open combat. I know it was used to give it a more military feel, but it was used too much IMO. I was under the belief that hand signals were primarily used when under cover and trying to keep quiet. During live fire I would be yelling out orders and not speaking sign language.
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Indy3. (sigh) what post are you referring to? Can you be more specific, please - who wrote it, and at what time? This thread?
  8. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Indy3...

Two years ago, I remember you [edit] in the Games forum.

You know what has changed in the last 2 years?

Nothing.

(...And Matrix quote to boot.)
    No flaming, please

/>
  9. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tux_Kapono
    Date Posted: 7:30am Subject: RE: Official Discussion-Clone Wars: Chapter 3 (ARC Troopers on the Move) [spoilers] - Date Edited: 7:34am (1 edits total) Edited By: Tux_Kapono
    Just to simplify things, here's the URLs you need to paste in to get the movies:

Regular movie: http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/c lonewars/mov/chapter3_0.mov
    Movie with commentary: http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/c lonewars/mov/chapter3_1.mov

C'mon Hyperspace staff, wake up (literally) and realize you have a problem to fix here.

This is the post page 9

Iam just saying

This is it, I wont talk about how you should edit your posts and whatnought, but I say this, I hope in the future the rules will be followed through
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Please allow me to explain.

Links to pages within starwars.com/hyperspace/ such as those you quoted above CANNOT BE ACCESSED unless you are a Hyperspace member. If you try and access them, you get directed to the Hyperspace Login page ( and had starwars.com actually hosted the Clone Wars movie files on the hyperspace restricted area, none of this crap would have happened [face_plain] ).

Try it yourself - click those links after you log out of hyperspace, or on a different browser. You'll just end up at the hyperspace login screen.

Hense those links, and links to the cartoonnetwork Clone Wars page are fine. Anyone not authorised to view those pages / streams (HS subscribers / non-USA residents) will not be able to.

The links we do not allow are the direct links to the movie files themselves that are housed on a 3rd party site (ie. not starwars.com nor cartoonnetwork.com), and which are found by snooping out the URLs hidden deep within the Hyperspace and Cartoonnetwork.com Clone Wars pages.

OK?

11. ForceMaster101 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm so jealous!

Chapter 3 isn't on TheForce.net yet!
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > Chapter 3 isn't on TheForce.net yet!

Uhh. No, no it's not...

:confused:

13. Indy3 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. Xenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    When they are under attack...they use handsymbols but i think they are actually talking..we just can't hear them because of all the gunfire... i watched that scene and it looks like he is tellling them...almost talking.....I am going to say they where talking...while pointing out too
  15. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    This episode has been my favorite thus far... I've always loved the military aspect of the Clone Wars, expecially the clones and even better, the ARC troopers. The entire thing was excellent... the action was outstanding...
  16. STG_Mudshark Jedi Knight

star 1
    Out-freaking-standing Genndy! Best episode thus far (and more to go). being in the Army Reserve and doing my far share of road marches, tactical marches, and fire squad squad training, I really enjoyed this one beasue it reminded me of all that good ol training. Not bad for a bunch of civies.
    I say Hooah Genndy/Lucasfilm!
  17. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    So far this episdoe was IMO by far the best of all. I love how the ARC troopers do things. Ecspecially how they communicate with hand signals that to me is just way awesome. Tonights episode was good also but III was still my favorite.

Forcebewitya!
  18. masterskywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey mudshark, since you were in the reserves, could you tell us what a few of the hand signals were? The only two I recognized (from playing SWAT games [face_blush] ) were hold (fist straight up at a 45 angle) and suspect/target (Open palm pointing at different locations).
  19. ralphie9181 Jedi Padawan

So like since this guy makes the powerpuff girls and Samuri Jack will ever see a giant crossover battle with the jedi and the girls and the samuri fighting Aku and the Sith, and Mojo Jojo? That would totally kick ass. Lots of things would blow up I guarentee.

20. babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Chapter 3 is crap, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I'm in the league of 27 percent of people who thought Chapter 5 was the best so far VS the 31 percent who preferred Chapter 3.

From my point of view it could be argued then that 68 percent of people preferred a chapter OTHER than Chapter 3, but what is clear is that no Chapter is preferred by a majority of the audience which is a great thing.

This is what I dislike about Chapter 3. Firstly their are no Jedi. The Clone troopers movements are very robotic, in particular the hand signals. It is these hand signals that I cannot stand. I dont have a problem with a hand signal being shown, but when they show every goddamned hand signal it just irks the hell out of me. The hand signals are a waste of time, why dont the Clonetroopers just communicate? It cant be because they dont want to be heard, because hand signals are used during intense battle moments, and even after a Clonetrooper has reported to Obiwans hologram. So you can rule stealth out as a reason for the hand signals. It would have been preferable for the leader to be screaming orders at his men, from a dramatic point of view - and from that point of view the hand signals completely remove any dramatic element.

The positive thing about this chapter is seeing Clones in action. I just cannot stand the hand signals (sorry for mentioning this so many times).
  21. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, this episode has a lot of action to it, and I did like the fact that it was almost all action, as opposed to the first two, in which it was split between talk and action.

Unfortunately, I was only able to enjoy it after watching the first two beforehand. I really couldn't get into it until I did that. Watching it on its own felt...disjointed somehow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.