main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion-Clone Wars: Chapter 3 (ARC Troopers on the Move) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    This episode I did like. I don't think dialogue was needed at all in this installment since, as others have pointed out, those are very military gestures. I thought that, finally, the whole thing started to come together.

2. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    After finally seeing it, I agree, very well put together. That particular one didn't need any dialoge, since it was mainly the elite troopers fighting. I mean, they are relying on stealth to get in and out and don't want to be making to much electronic noice to be tracked by. Just a thought.

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Those who feared before AOTC that we would not get to see the Clone Wars: fear no more!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I kinda like the idea of the ARC troopers trying to take out (or capture) San Hill.

Makes for an interesting parallel with current world events. :)

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    My favorate episode yet.

Jango lives on in those ARC troopers. :D

*hopes that ARC troopers will be in Episode III*

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Another great episode. I love how their is a cliffhanger ending to each episode. In Chapter 2 I was waiting for the Clone in the target scope to get shot and it ended. Tonight I was waiting for the giant gun to explode and they left me hanging again. I hope the next episode starts off with a "bang". :D

The Clone Wars is Star Wars at it's greatest without actually being a film.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I didn't even know that Kamino was attacked.<<

You can read that story in the first volume of Clone Wars comics titled "The Defense of Kamino".

>>And what I meant was how would he EVER have had time to train them? He was a bounty hunter. Wasn't he supposed top be out collecting bounties?<<

He lived on Kamino- he provided DNA samples and trained the ARCs while he was at home, which is why he was compensated with his "considerable" pay.

8. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "Another great episode. I love how their is a cliffhanger ending to each episode. In Chapter 2 I was waiting for the Clone in the target scope to get shot and it ended. Tonight I was waiting for the giant gun to explode and they left me hanging again. I hope the next episode starts off with a "bang"."

The gun did explode. You see it blowing up as the ARC troopers scale the command tower. What did you think that huge explosion was?

9. Justinian

Justinian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Since Jango was kept around to give DNA samples all the time, that's probably very important to the clone process. With him dead all they would have to use is old DNA, or clone DNA, which would result in weakened samples. Got to be it, because i don't remember any Stormies blowing up AATs like that!

As for the 3rd ep, amazing for sure, liking the different feels for each one.

10. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Good one. Very Black Hawk down. It was cool to hear Kenobi being referred to as General, so it makes more sense in the OT.

11. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Is anyone having problems watching it on hyperspace? I'm trynig to watch it but I keep getting Chapter 2 even though I'm on the Chapter 3 page.

Curious...

12. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm having that problem too, BobaPhil. It's getting annoying. Fix the problem, Hyperjerks!

13. ozziejedi

ozziejedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    yes, same problem, hyperspace has been pretty pathetic...

14. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    At least I'm not alone. We can't all be going crazy...can we? :/

15. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    ZZZZZZ! This one was pretty boring. Bunch of Clone Troopers run around shooting.

Tomorrow night - a bunch of clone troops run around shooting.

Looking forward to more Ben/Anakin stuff.

16. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I love this.. at this point, the republic is winning the battle... thanks to the arc troopers... until tommorow when....

dun dun dunnnnnnnn

Did that little dragon thing look like Mushu from Disney's Mulan to anyone? I laughed out loud.

17. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey, where do I find the Clone Wars cartoon character icons? I want one next to my name!

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wow. That was awesome.

E_S

19. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Not as good as I had hoped.

The Clonetroopers and ARCs lacked personality and character because they did not speak. I didn't need them having a coffee break and "dish" session but a few cues and noise would have given some human feel to them.

But I did like the action (quite violent actually) and they did show they were tough. Just wish there were like 3 more lines of dialouge at leat.

I'd give it a C+. The first episode is still my favorite. I can't wait until tomorrows!

20. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    They wouldn't have much personality wit he environment they were raised in.

Still you couldn't help but feel sorry for em.

21. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah, i don't expect them to stand out too much. But seemed a little to cold and lifeless to me when they are the hero of the story (another strange idea).

But I've also always have been annoyed by the fact that clones/stormtroopers never seem to car about shot soliders and just go along their merry way. :(

22. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "ZZZZZZ! This one was pretty boring. Bunch of Clone Troopers run around shooting."

You're definition of "zzz" is rather strange. :p

I bet the big shootout at Zion in Matrix Revolutions was a big yawn for you too right. :p

23. ephontmon

ephontmon Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    man from what i read i sure am glad i didnt give ol king george an extra 19.95 this year 4 hyperspace i mean is it really worth it ....sorry i know its not about clone wars.....

24. ephontmon

ephontmon Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    this show was good i like the hand signals instead of talking.i only have watched once but i hope it doesent have edit bloopers like first 2 but honestly it doesnt matter to me but i would like to mention i am looking for editing work heh heh

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Is anyone having problems watching it on hyperspace? I'm trynig to watch it but I keep getting Chapter 2 even though I'm on the Chapter 3 page.

I downloaded both versions (w/ and w/o commentary) about half an hour after it aired... didn't have any problems :)