main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion-Clone Wars: Chapter 3 (ARC Troopers on the Move) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Leonard_ShelbyThe2nd

Leonard_ShelbyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Fantastic episode. Nothing but pure ARC action. I love explosions and non-stop blaster-fire. [face_love]

Shelby2

2. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    "Is anyone having problems watching it on hyperspace?..."

Both versions (with & without commentary) played fine for me.

I had problems last Friday night with the first chapter, but everythings worked great since then.

3. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm making another request for the cartoon character icons. Where are they located? I'd like to put a picture of Palpatine next to my name.

Thanks!

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Another excellent chapter. Loved how there was no dialogue, it was all hand signals like proper commandos would do.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  6. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    Thanks a lot!

7. SithlordDarthRPG

SithlordDarthRPG Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Question: Do ARC Troopers with yellow markings exist?

...And Chapter 3 was Freakin' Awesome! I loved how the probe droid sounded just like Darth Maul's in TPM. Makes you think of the Sith connection under the surface!

Clone Wars: Pure Star Wars bliss!

???
    Sith

8. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I didn't appreciate this one.

They should have gone in all guns blazing and they would have owned those droids, no need for all that stealth crap. I hated the hand signals, not so much the signals themselves, but the animations were so stiff and robotic.

I noticed a continuity/plot problem, namely the device that allows them to see through walls - if they were using that there is no way a solitary droid could have shot them down in Chapter 2!!!

What I really hated about this one is the total lack of jedi and/or humans. You could argue that the clones are humans, but the animation was so robotic that unless you knew you would not know.

This one didn't really offer much to the story side of things, just pretty much some stiff action and that's it.

I've only bothered to watch this one twice. I probably wont watch it again on it's own and will wait until I have the full series.

9. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    They should have gone in all guns blazing and they would have owned those droids, no need for all that stealth crap. I hated the hand signals, not so much the signals themselves, but the animations were so stiff and robotic.

The animation style is definitely Genndy's. It was used in Samurai Jack. But that's animation for you. You can't expect it to be realistic looking anyway.

What I really hated about this one is the total lack of jedi and/or humans. You could argue that the clones are humans, but the animation was so robotic that unless you knew you would not know.

Total lack of-- good lord, have you seen the first two chapters? There were plenty of humans in those... I don't see how the animation has been any different in between the chapters...

10. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    And chapters are being dedicated to Jedi battle's, Kit Fisto has an Episode to himself, Mace has an Episode next season, and Yoda has at least two episodes dedicated to his missions.

Obi-Wan will face off with Durge, Anakin will face off with Asajj Ventress, Dooku and Asajj Ventress have an episode where they fight.

How can you complain about the lack of human/Jedi action?

Anyway, tomorrow's chapter should be awesome.

11. TheClonedOne

TheClonedOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2003
    I just have to say that was...orgasmic.
    ;)

That Red Clonetrooper commander was awesome. How he just aimlessly leapt into the air with dual guns and shot down those droids, was magnificent.

I was kicking myself (pretty hard to do) when I missed the 2nd chapter. This just toppled that disappointment. :D

I HAVE FAITH YET AGAIN

12. wintercom

wintercom Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    I'm liking the cartoon... it's gonna be great to see them all together...

but does anyone else think that the HS commentary done by Genndy Tartakovsky is just plain AWFUL?!

it's like the guy barely knows what he's talking about... and leaves big gaps when he could be filling us in with lots of info.

Somebody shove a firecracker up his backside, please!

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Question: Do ARC Troopers with yellow markings exist?

Not yet, no

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I loved last night's episode and one again, I'm very late in the discussion but now, the clone troopers, are my favorite pre-bad guys. They were so cool.

~aeryn

15. Obi-Fun

Obi-Fun Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    ZZZZZZ! This one was pretty boring. Bunch of Clone Troopers run around shooting.

Tomorrow night - a bunch of clone troops run around shooting.

...ah, it's called "CLONE Wars"

Might not be too unreasonable to see some clones running around and shooting...as if they were in a war

16. Kirby_106

Kirby_106 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2003
    what is TOS??

and what guns were the Red arc troopers using? I know they were pistols but anyone know the exact name?? And if anyone here plays CS and listen to the noise he makes when he takes out his guns (COOCHIA) thats from CS.

17. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    No it wasn't. It was 5 min. It didn't seem like it though because it went by quickly. Its cool how there could be lots of action without very much talking.

18. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I noticed a continuity/plot problem, namely the device that allows them to see through walls - if they were using that there is no way a solitary droid could have shot them down in Chapter 2!!!

Uhm...riiight...

BTW for all of you looking for just Jedi action...yawn. there's something wrong with you guys ;)

19. Kirby_106

Kirby_106 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2003
    whats TOS?

20. Obi-Fun

Obi-Fun Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    If I heard correctly, when Obi-Wan talks with the Red trooper (via Hologram), he refers to him as "Sergeant".

As I've understood the color/ranking scheme:

green = sergeant
    blue = lieutenant
    red = captain
    yellow = commander

Probably just a slip up on the cartoon's part, unless any military folks out there can offer an explanation.

21. obeerwankenobi

obeerwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I enjoyed TPM and AOTC...and these cartoons are really spectacular for what little time they are on the screen. I can't help but feel though how much better the PT would be had it started with AOTC *with some minor changes to better introduce characters* then 2nd movie focus on a live action clone wars and breakdown of realtionship between obi and ani just like THESE cartoons. then the third movie be what its going to be. And if GL really wanted to he could have EP1 the cartoon...it practacally already is....

22. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    I missed it!

23. rocket111

rocket111 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2003
    Was no one else disgusted by the music? It WAS TERRIBLE! It made me want to vomit. They could have used any number of themes from the Star Wars films (all beyond exceptional), but nope, they insisted on writing an original score. So what is the result? Crappy MIDI music that really was poorly written.

I was so happy when they used Episode 2 music in Chapter 1. I hope that we won't have to listen to that terrible theme for the remaining chapters...PLEASE GOD NO!

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The running time (from Cartoon Network logo to the end of the "Next Time") was exactly 5:14...

(DVRs are cool... :cool: )

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Is anyone having problems watching it on hyperspace?<<

I was getting Chapter 2 files at random when I tried wtaching it- the solution is to pull up the page source, and find the direct file link. Copy the address (you'll need to add http://www.starwars.com/ to the file address portion you locate) and just change "chapter2_1.mov" to "chapter3_1" for the commentary file, etc.

>>I noticed a continuity/plot problem, namely the device that allows them to see through walls - if they were using that there is no way a solitary droid could have shot them down in Chapter 2!!! <<

They weren't using it in flight- remember it took a few moments for that device to "focus" with the cloentrooper standing still, so it likely wouldn't have worked in the air at the speeds they were traveling.