main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion-Clone Wars: Chapter 3 (ARC Troopers on the Move) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Obi-Dawn Kenobi, Nov 10, 2003.

1. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I thought that I would not like an episode dedicated just to clone troopers but I was wrong. I liked it a lot. It was also most fitting to show real military tactics on Veterans Day! I have a new respect for the troopers in general due to this.

Remember, it is also a great way to see Jango/Boba in action (from a certain point of view).

Also I loved the little cameo of Obi-wan on hollowgram and the lead ARC Trooper calling him "General Kenobi"

Bring on Durge and Ventress!

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    whats TOS?

Since no one answered you... The Official Site, aka starwars.com

!snap

3. Tux_Kapono

Tux_Kapono Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, but you have to be a Hyperspace member to see those links above.

So what problem is there to fix?

5. Periidot

Periidot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    Tux -

do you have the hyperspace link for chapter 2's with commentary?

and how to you get these links? I have hyperspace but the movies open in their own windows. Going to them direct like this is easier for me.

thanks!

6. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Little more background info on ARC troopers:

...The ultimate in the clone trooper ranks were the Advanced Recon Commandos, or ARC troopers, elite infantry hand-trained by Jango Fett.
    Only a select number of ARC troopers were bred and trained before Fett's untimely demise at the Battle of Geonosis, and they were used sparingly during the Clone Wars...

..Though these troopers undergo growth acceleration like the standard clones, their docility and independence has not been at all altered.

ARC databank

7. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm still having trouble playing Chapter 3. Whenever I click on it a new window pops up and starts Chapter 2.

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well I saw it and it was quite cool.

I have reiterate what others were saying about the lack of dialogue, it really worked for this episode. The troopers were quite cool, and the one ARC trooper taking on that tank :eek: wow!

is it me or is this getting better by the 3 minutes? ;)

The way they took out the gun and watch tower was brilliant, and I noticed the nod to Jango.

So it is on to Durge (and then Kitty Fisto ;) ).......

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hey! That's MISTER Kitty Fisto to you, bub...

:p

10. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Hey! That's MISTER Kitty Fisto to you, bub...

:p

Oh I am sorry DP what was I thinking?

Is this more to your liking?

So it is on to Durge (and then MISTER Kitty Fisto ).......

11. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I realize now that they did blow the gun up but I was still expecting something to happen right at the end.

12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I loved how the Trooper shot that reptile. I was laughing my head off when I saw that.

13. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I liked it when the ARC Troop hopped inside the AAT and blasts all the droids inside and then hops out just as it it explodes.I thought that was the coolest.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    another excellent episode.

I particularly liked the use of the hand signals, and the part where they blew up several floors of the skyscraper where the sniper Droids were hiding.

15. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    The Clones seemed to inhert Jango's disregaurd for collateral damage. :p

16. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well I got what I was looking for thanks to a very friendly user who pmed me a link. Interesting episode though. Only one line of dialogue yet a lot of clone trooper action. :D I especially liked the part where the one trooper destroyed the tank. Anyways, Isn't tonight's epsiode supposed to be the Kit Fisto one shot episode?

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There seems to be a lot of that going around and here's the place to look for that kind of information.

18. ralphie9181

ralphie9181 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2003
    You people realize that these things are only like 2 minutes long. There is no reason to [get so excited]. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! ANAKIN FLEW A SPACESHIP!!!!!!!"
    HOLY CRAP AND HE LOOKED AT PADME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND THOSE TROOPERS SHOT THINGS!!!!!!!!!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Dear god. I would actually pay more attention to these things if George Lucas would actually allow these things to be 30 minutes in length. Any ways you can all go waste another 2 minutes and then write about how a taun taun mooed at a plant in chapter 5.

That kinda stuff isn't productive and over the 'family-friendly' aspects of the site

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You people realize that these things are only like 2 minutes long. There is no reason to [edited]. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! ANAKIN FLEW A SPACESHIP!!!!!!!"
    HOLY CRAP AND HE LOOKED AT PADME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND THOSE TROOPERS SHOT THINGS!!!!!!!!!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Dear god. I would actually pay more attention to these things if George Lucas would actually allow these things to be 30 minutes in length. Any ways you can all go waste another 2 minutes and then write about how a taun taun mooed at a plant in chapter 5.

I think you should watch what you're saying, everybody knows Chapter 5 hasn't aired yet.

Seriously, the whole "30 mins thing" has been discussed for months, give it a rest already, if you don't like it, don't watch it, but don't complain to us.

20. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Dude, Obi wan appearing in a hologram that so reminded me of ESB when that one AT-AT pilot is talking to Vader's hologram. But I wonder how Obi Wan is going to get to where the ARC troopers are...

21. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    MODS

edit his post

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Edit which post? :confused:

23. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Indy3, you saw the cleaned up version ;)

24. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    the post with the links
    QUOTE FROM THEFORCE.NET (a few days ago)
    OK, Ghent from starwars.com has said that no direct links to the ~35MB AOL files are to be posted here. That also includes the sniffing and pasting of URLs embedded in Hyperspace pages.

You can discuss the US-only free smaller-screensize version on starwars.com and cartoonnetwork.com.

And Hyperspace members, I guess, can talk about how to retrieve the file from their cache and / or save the file using Quicktime Pro.
    --------------
    Whats your answer to this?

25. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    For everyone enjoying this series, don't let anyone rain on your parade...

This is not for everyone and if you like it, so be it. No one else has the right to tell you not to like it.